X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    15" and 17" , no diff. You shouldn't have any issues. If you are wearing the inside of ya tires (like I am) with no lowering springs, then ya have camber issues, which he should of fixed.
    haha, he's the ONLY guy in town. & I use to think he was the best guy too until recently. He is expensive. I had a friend loyally take his ride there for years! (then he stopped). The bill was always high. D00d always found things to replace it seems, but the job was done correct and proper (just a high bill). I took my ride there and he told me I needed a camber kit (which was correct), and my drivers side inner tie-rod needs replacing (correct), and I needed two lower ball joints (Not correct. I had ball joints done by civic-pride in halifax 2 summers ago w/ lifetime warranty). Total bill was $600 + tax if I was to have him do it. I'm sure he means well but IMO he's trying to make some extra $$$ in a small town. I think I'm going to go to NG next time for an alignment.
    Yea, last time i got billed $100 for a full alignment....

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
    lol, i get my car aligned there too, best guy in town, but so far i've own the car for 3 years and got it aligned twice, replace pretty much the whole front in, and damn thing, still wears tires on the inside like nuts, i'm wondering is it cause i got aligned with 15" alloy honda rims, instead aligning it with the 17", it's a problem i've always had with the car...
    15" and 17" , no diff. You shouldn't have any issues. If you are wearing the inside of ya tires (like I am) with no lowering springs, then ya have camber issues, which he should of fixed.
    haha, he's the ONLY guy in town. & I use to think he was the best guy too until recently. He is expensive. I had a friend loyally take his ride there for years! (then he stopped). The bill was always high. D00d always found things to replace it seems, but the job was done correct and proper (just a high bill). I took my ride there and he told me I needed a camber kit (which was correct), and my drivers side inner tie-rod needs replacing (correct), and I needed two lower ball joints (Not correct. I had ball joints done by civic-pride in halifax 2 summers ago w/ lifetime warranty). Total bill was $600 + tax if I was to have him do it. I'm sure he means well but IMO he's trying to make some extra $$$ in a small town. I think I'm going to go to NG next time for an alignment.

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    I've got a 2 1/4" front, 2" rear drop and I will admit it, I rub. I've scraped the lip and muffler. It definitely limits where you can drive. I took it to Antigonish wheel alignment and had to take the bumper off, and then my cat still scraped while driving in on an angle due to their incline entrance. Steep driveways and speed bumps are a no go. Eventually I plan on going lower though, for the stance and wheel gap
    lol, i get my car aligned there too, best guy in town, but so far i've own the car for 3 years and got it aligned twice, replace pretty much the whole front in, and damn thing, still wears tires on the inside like nuts, i'm wondering is it cause i got aligned with 15" alloy honda rims, instead aligning it with the 17", it's a problem i've always had with the car...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    yea pretty much i know anything over an inch and i'd be raping my exhaust, i scrap now ffs, plus when i get my lengend lip i don't need to leave my bumper on a concrete slab lol
    I've got a 2 1/4" front, 2" rear drop and I will admit it, I rub. I've scraped the lip and muffler. It definitely limits where you can drive. I took it to Antigonish wheel alignment and had to take the bumper off, and then my cat still scraped while driving in on an angle due to their incline entrance. Steep driveways and speed bumps are a no go. Eventually I plan on going lower though, for the stance and wheel gap

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

I would only go with what the guys recommend on here. Back in the day I went with Suspension Techniques and OEM shocks. Was a 1" lower & ride was bouncy-ish. 2 years on those and eventually one of them broke. So you pay for what you get. T'is one of those things that you don't want to cheap out on also. If anything save ya $ and get a set you want instead of no-name ebay POS. I think you are looking for no more than a 1" drop.
    yea pretty much i know anything over an inch and i'd be raping my exhaust, i scrap now ffs, plus when i get my lengend lip i don't need to leave my bumper on a concrete slab lol

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    yea, ebay is good and bad, i been looking into lowering, but dunno wat to go with....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

I would only go with what the guys recommend on here. Back in the day I went with Suspension Techniques and OEM shocks. Was a 1" lower & ride was bouncy-ish. 2 years on those and eventually one of them broke. So you pay for what you get. T'is one of those things that you don't want to cheap out on also. If anything save ya $ and get a set you want instead of no-name ebay POS. I think you are looking for no more than a 1" drop.

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    For sure. I've been dying to switch to red/clears for over a year now! Just always spend my $ on other car things. They are at least under $100 on ebay now so maybe I'll order some soon or find a seller on here (which i'd rather do cuz ebay sux)
    yea, ebay is good and bad, i been looking into lowering, but dunno wat to go with....

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    haha yup got one them laying around too, mostly all the dash peices in the two cars r in-tact, oh if you ever decide ur switching to red/clears tails, let me kno, i might be interested in ur tails...
    For sure. I've been dying to switch to red/clears for over a year now! Just always spend my $ on other car things. They are at least under $100 on ebay now so maybe I'll order some soon or find a seller on here (which i'd rather do cuz ebay sux)

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
    wow mostly it snows in nova scotia.....hope the cb7 is rust proof
    lol, undercoated to the 9's, and i drive it in the winter

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    Yep, that's what I mean. Just interested in the dash trim piece. & the light for my fan/heater knobs went out. From reading its easier to just grab a whole knew unit. Got one? (or have any bulbs for this thing?)

(this thing - )

thanx man!
    haha yup got one them laying around too, mostly all the dash peices in the two cars r in-tact, oh if you ever decide ur switching to red/clears tails, let me kno, i might be interested in ur tails...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    92 did, but it's on my sedan, and i feel my trunk would be naked without it lol, if ur interested in a gauge cluster, and dash trim piece let me kno, and when u say dash trim, i assume u mean the black piece that is wrapped around ur cd player/ac and heat/ and goes up around to back of the steering wheel?
    Yep, that's what I mean. Just interested in the dash trim piece. & the light for my fan/heater knobs went out. From reading its easier to just grab a whole knew unit. Got one? (or have any bulbs for this thing?)

(this thing - )

thanx man!

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    sweeet. I've been looking for one again, I'd like to carbon fiber it or something but finding them intact can be difficult.

Does the 92 have a trunk with spoiler?
    92 did, but it's on my sedan, and i feel my trunk would be naked without it lol, if ur interested in a gauge cluster, and dash trim piece let me kno, and when u say dash trim, i assume u mean the black piece that is wrapped around ur cd player/ac and heat/ and goes up around to back of the steering wheel?

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    right on, unfortunately neither r, but 1992 does have a cluster and pretty sure it has the dash trim still intack...
    sweeet. I've been looking for one again, I'd like to carbon fiber it or something but finding them intact can be difficult.

Does the 92 have a trunk with spoiler?

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    Ahh I sometimes move to Halifax, and other places for work. Any of those cars Acadia green? Do you have a cluster/stereo dash trim piece?
    right on, unfortunately neither r, but 1992 does have a cluster and pretty sure it has the dash trim still intack...

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    oh lol i thought u stayed an hali area, um 1992 2 door is an lx, and 1991 4 door is an ex
    Ahh I sometimes move to Halifax, and other places for work. Any of those cars Acadia green? Do you have a cluster/stereo dash trim piece?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X