No announcement yet.

keepinitclean : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if you get another motor, I would recommend that you replace the timing belt and water pump on that as well. $500 to do that job is quite low. Quality replacement parts ran me around $300 by themselves. I have done this service like 3x's now and it's not as difficult as it sounds. The hardest part is breaking the crank pulley bolt loose. I used a contitech timin belt kit. It comes with both timing, and balance shaft belts as well as the both tensioner bearings. The I picked up an Aisin water pump which is OEM and 3 seals from Honda ( balance shaft seal, crank shaft seal and crank what seal).

It's doable in a weekend for a beginner. Just rest up on the subject as much as possible. I used a Chiltons to walk me through it.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I can gladly take that ownwers manual off your hands.lol.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Don't bother with a motor swap. If you're tripping about a few hundred bucks here and there, you aren't gonna like the cost and steps necessary to have a legal running h22 swap, which would STILL need the maintenance you're mentioning. An ecu alone costs 200 for the one we would need so just consider that.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

It would be around $1700 if you do the swap with all the parts you need to legalize it in California if you keep it automatic or you can take it to honda and have them do the timing belt for $600.
          2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
          2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
          CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
          GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

I don't get why he is trying to teach someone whose been in the game longer than he's lived. smh, Jarrett is right

only thing jdm, would be the curved fogs. those shrouds are for wagon only, they accommodate the longer nose gap. 90-91 wagon shrouds are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
              I'm telling you Alex we can conquer that timing belt no problem, it's pretty easy once you know what your doing
              As much as I'd love to do it on my own or with you, my dad and I decided to take her to the shop to get it done. They have ALL the tools and if anything goes wrong, I could just take it back to them.

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
              Even if you get another motor, I would recommend that you replace the timing belt and water pump on that as well. $500 to do that job is quite low. Quality replacement parts ran me around $300 by themselves. I have done this service like 3x's now and it's not as difficult as it sounds. The hardest part is breaking the crank pulley bolt loose. I used a contitech timin belt kit. It comes with both timing, and balance shaft belts as well as the both tensioner bearings. The I picked up an Aisin water pump which is OEM and 3 seals from Honda ( balance shaft seal, crank shaft seal and crank what seal).

It's doable in a weekend for a beginner. Just rest up on the subject as much as possible. I used a Chiltons to walk me through it.
              Hmmm, well that is true. It is very BIG project for a swap, so I suppose I will stay with the F22a6. But since I am not too mechanically inclined, I'll just take it to the shop and have them do it since they can knock it out in a day or two

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
              Don't bother with a motor swap. If you're tripping about a few hundred bucks here and there, you aren't gonna like the cost and steps necessary to have a legal running h22 swap, which would STILL need the maintenance you're mentioning. An ecu alone costs 200 for the one we would need so just consider that.
              So true, I guess it makes the most sense to just keep her SOHC.

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
              It would be around $1700 if you do the swap with all the parts you need to legalize it in California if you keep it automatic or you can take it to honda and have them do the timing belt for $600.
              Hmmm, I have the money for the swap, but like Carlos and Vinh said, it's going to be pretty hard and tedious. And like you mentioned, costly. I guess, I'll give Honda a call and compare their price with the shop I normally take it to.

Originally posted by mitsubishiv5 View Post
              I don't get why he is trying to teach someone whose been in the game longer than he's lived. smh, Jarrett is right

only thing jdm, would be the curved fogs. those shrouds are for wagon only, they accommodate the longer nose gap. 90-91 wagon shrouds are similar.
              I thought they were Jarrett educated me and enlightened me about the fog shrouds, and for that I thank him. I wasn't arguing with him, I was just pointing out some differences as to why I thought they would be considered, "JDM."

I see no reason as to why you must frown upon my curiosity :/ I'm still learning about the CB3/CB7 chassis and if it weren't for some awesome people on here to help me learn about the CB3 and CB7 chassis, I'd be clueless about the Accord game.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Don't ask me that question, reread your posts. To ask and to know are 2 different things.

Comment

MRT

Comment

Nice to finally meet you in person Dao! Thanks for the picture, I wish I had my Camera with me at the time.

An extremely late upload but some pics with Tomas (Quashish):

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Some photos I took with Nolan (C91bse7) while he was down in California for the day.

I also recently got my new JL grill in the mail. Thanks again Jack!!!

Also have some pics with Vinh's white Lily, I'll upload those soon!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Some last few photos of Vinh's (P5ylance) White Lily build. Please excuse the sucky quality pictures, I used the HDR app on my phone since I didn't have my camera!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Oh yea, I also found this RICED out CB at the junkyard with SE Black leather, I WAS going to cop the door panels but the drivers door was a grey cloth one

Oh well, I grabbed the black seat insert piece.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Who you gunna photo shoot with next?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

The world may never know.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X