crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    Even on the Accord rails I felt like I was sitting on the floor. The wheel was too high and I felt like an old granny looking over the dash.

When I put the stock seat back in, I felt like I was driving a bus, but now I'm used to the stock position again and more comfortable with that ergonomically.

Can't tell a handling difference with the strut bar yet, but I can tell it definetly tightened up the chassis as I adjusted it while installing it. Tightened it so much it actually started to pull the base plates in.
    I'm going to look for the article right now, but I read that the strut bar should actually be pushing the shock towers out, not suck them in.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

It was pulling the strut bar's feet in. Functional or not, I did buy it mostly for cosmetics, hence why I only bought a $16 cheapo bar.

Comment

Weird, I have been trying to find your MRT through your signature, but I must of not of been paying attention. I an going to have to go through it. I love the grill bro.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I added the link in my sig after you asked about my MRT in the grille thread.

Comment

I was at the wreckers this morning, and I found a whole bunch of blue wire loom just laying on the ground. I got it for free and used some of it.

I've wanted more blue accents in the bay, but I'm on the fence with this. 99% of the time, I think anything other than black loom looks tacky and ricey.

I think this almost looks ricey. Maybe I just have too much and need to remove some. Ideas?

Comment

Just say no. The only colored hoses you might get away with is the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Wire loom needs to stay black IMO aswell as the vacuum hoses.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

lol, I think you're right. I had been contemplating those blue OBX hoses, but I didn't think they'd look good. I think I just have far too much loom in there.

I've got some other plans for the bay this weekend, so keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

lol, I think you're right. I had been contemplating those blue OBX hoses, but I didn't think they'd look good. I think I just have far too much loom in there.

I've got some other plans for the bay this weekend, so keep an eye on this thread.
                  Always do!

Comment

Hey mike if you keep any blue, just the one on the PVC hose looks pretty good in the pics.

Comment

I took the loom off the battery positive cable and by the strut tower. I only left the blue one on the PVC tube and on the tubes from the intake. Much cleaner now.

Going to paint the exhaust manifold heat shield metallic silver, and POR15 silver the PS and alt brackets.

Had an issue earlier of my speedo needle going haywire. Took the cluster apart, found no issues, put it back together and magically works fine again.

Comment

Not really feeling the blue wire loom bro. The only blue wiring I can honestly say I truly do like is the NGK plug wires. Other then that, I just like the black look for all that. Though i will say I love the purple vc though!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't feeling it either, so I took most of it off. I've got some paint plans for tomorrow that'll spruce things up a bit.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't feeling it either, so I took most of it off. I've got some paint plans for tomorrow that'll spruce things up a bit.
                            Well I am most definatley looking forward to seeing these said plans Also I just noticed the purple fuse box cover and rad supports as well as the battery bracket thingy. Like those accents with the vc. Giving me ideas for when I get my vc done

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

So here's with just the loom on those tubes and a little on the battery positive cable. I took the rest off.

Comment

Sooooo......told you to keep an eye on the MRT for my engine bay plans.

The plan, as you can tell, is clean, bright & flashy.

Today:
                                -Dizzy cap purple
                                -Dizzy base POR15 silver
                                -PS bracket redone in black
                                -Alt bracket POR15 silver
                                -Heat shield in Silver with spackled black/purple/blue
                                -Intake manifold PGM-FI emblem painted purple and polished Honda trunk emblem mounted

So yeah. It's different. It's bright. It's flashy. Still needs more work. But I dig it.

Comment

Working...
                                X