No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I understand that fact. I would imagine you're not falling out of it by much though.

The majority of my driving is around the city, and I'm rarely over 60mph on a daily basis.

I like the way the F is geared now. 2nd and 3rd gear pulls are great. 1st to 3rd I find are pretty good, and 4th and 5th are great for cruising.

May also become advantageous in autoX situations, being able to hold onto gears longer, and not having to constantly shift between 2nd and 3rd. Just wind it out in 2nd gear for a lot of it.

Once I get paid from both jobs this week, I will see what my budget is. May have to wait another 2 weeks to come up with the extra 100 or so I may need for the motor/5 speed together.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
      Yes, I understand that fact. I would imagine you're not falling out of it by much though.

The majority of my driving is around the city, and I'm rarely over 60mph on a daily basis.

I like the way the F is geared now. 2nd and 3rd gear pulls are great. 1st to 3rd I find are pretty good, and 4th and 5th are great for cruising.

May also become advantageous in autoX situations, being able to hold onto gears longer, and not having to constantly shift between 2nd and 3rd. Just wind it out in 2nd gear for a lot of it.

Once I get paid from both jobs this week, I will see what my budget is. May have to wait another 2 weeks to come up with the extra 100 or so I may need for the motor/5 speed together.
      I would save the extra $100 and get the tranny at the same time.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yeah, I just texted him and told him I'll take the whole thing for $500 with the tranny.

My buddy has a 97 Civic CX hatch that he needs a new motor for. I suggested he swap in my F motor, I'd sell it to him dirt cheap. He's losing compression on cylinder 3 and his car sounds like a tractor.

Comment

Yeah, I just texted him and told him I'll take the whole thing for $500 with the tranny.

My buddy has a 97 Civic CX hatch that he needs a new motor for. I suggested he swap in my F motor, I'd sell it to him dirt cheap. He's losing compression on cylinder 3 and his car sounds like a tractor.
          Double win!

Comment

He'd be far better off just getting a replacement d series hes obd2 so it would need way more work than it's worth to pass emissions.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Emissions? None of that crap here.

Comment

Yeah, it's Canada, where these yahoo's are kings:

Comment

That's Phillip giving Terrance a Twolip. You know, the really sad part is that my roommate and I are EXACTLY like Terrance and Phillip...

Comment

Get an h23 trans , shorter gears then the f but 5th and final drive are the same as the f. So then you can save gas and have better gears

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                    Wimp go low or go home haha
                    Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                    Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

FFFFFUUUUU they just crushed a Lude at the yard with an H23 in it!!!!

Mileage is not a concern as the car will no longer be a DD once the swap is done. Summer car, driven hard, stored winters.

This is almost the longest period of time I have consistently owned an Accord...or most other cars for that matter. This one shows no signs of boredom or lack of enthusiasm. Perhaps because this was a car that I wanted, rather than something I just ended up with.

But as of now, I am on the lookout for either another CB as a daily, or a Mazda B2200.
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Yoyoyoyoyoyo look for another b2200 and make it sweet like the green one
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Haha, ideally I'll buy a CB because I have so many spare parts and driving a CB will keep me motivated to build the coupe.

I won't pass up a nice B2200 for the right price, but it will just be a work truck/beater.

Comment

Since I'm planning to go over everything, I've started pricing parts out.

Clutch, brakes, coilovers, bushings, etc etc....I'm looking a little over $3000 in parts, just priced out from Ebay.

Giving myself a $500/mo budget, it will take 6-8 months to afford all my parts.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                              I would save the extra $100 and get the tranny at the same time.
                              X2. Get the H22A tranny. F22A tranny will work but it's not the same. Everytime you shift you'll fall out of VTEC, acceleration will suffer a lot. Spend the little extra and do it right IMO.

Emissions? None of that crap here.
                              No emissions in Alberta?!?

Current:
                              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                                X2. Get the H22A tranny. F22A tranny will work but it's not the same. Everytime you shift you'll fall out of VTEC, acceleration will suffer a lot. Spend the little extra and do it right IMO.
                                [/IMG]
                                I think with a proper build and an Apexi VAFC, you might not fall out of V-Tech doo. That was just random thinking by the way. I have no proof so do some research and see if it's worth doing. I know that with the VAFC you can adjust when V-Tech doo kicks in.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Working...
                                X