Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
    Checkin' back in....

Looks like you've got some BADASS plans for your CB. Im stoked to follow your progress. Im sure you won't disappoint.
    Its the motivation, knowledge and learning from this site that keeps me motivated and to strive for higher goals.

Comment

And now for something completely different

Mock up test fitting of 4G Prelude rear seats. That's right. I'm making them work. I'll have a full set of Prelude seats once they're in.

At the expensive of my original maroon seat foam,I cut the sides off to make spacers. I'm going to rewrap the foam with the original maroon covers and dye them black.

So how's that for thinking outside the box on a seat swap?

Comment

Very clever and very cool.

Have to tested them out and sat in the back to see what it's like?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

They are very comfortable.

What I've done is mount the Prelude seatbacks onto the CB's seatback metal frame and is bolted and locked into place with the stock mounts. The bottom cushsions have a tab that slips behind the seatback and bolts to the back frame. The console just screws and bolts to the floor and seatback frame.

The foam on the sides needs to be cut to proper size and reupholstered. It's going to look sweet!

Comment

looks good reminds me of my lude,

Comment

Way to think outside the box my friend , those prelude seats are pretty comfortable makes me miss mine.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
              Wimp go low or go home haha
              Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
              Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Gah I love this thing.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                Bought from: ChampCoupe
                Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

I dare say you would be the first to make prelude rear seats actually work. And its a good idea too. Once you redo the side inserts you won't be able to tell it was fabbed in there and it will look sweet. I'm jealous

Comment

Very nice mike!!!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      I dare say you would be the first to make prelude rear seats actually work. And its a good idea too. Once you redo the side inserts you won't be able to tell it was fabbed in there and it will look sweet. I'm jealous
                      Well the seats are fully mounted now, I'm just working on the foam. Requires a ton of trimming to get it down to size.

Only issue I'm running into is the buckles. Straps are to short and the bolt hole is too far away.

Comment

Why not prelude ones? Aren't they longer?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I'm trying to use the black Prelude ones and they're too short. The CB ones are too short too, since the buckles come up on each side of the console and the bolt holes are much further away.

Comment

I would think of drilling a new hole, BUT that is not safe at all.

Check big bodied acuras, Tl, legends, rl, etc.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I can't check anything when the only Honda in the yard right now other than the Prelude is a Vigor.

Don't plan on people sitting back there anyways, but I do need to figure something out.

Comment

What if you just used lap belts only for the rear seats? (old schooling it)

Comment

Working...
                                X