crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    Don't have room or time for all that crap to hang around. Look how long you sat on some of that stuff for. I have a hoard of Accord parts in the garage I have no use for, and I no longer buy and sell on here.
    It was easy to sell the prelude parts, the only parts that stuck around after the car left was the headlights. But in your case not having the room sucks.

On the upside I got to hear and test drive the tranny and engine, if you get yourself a winter beater you'll be set for the swap it comes handy and saves your ride from the winter elements.

Comment

Nice job on the bumper bro and once you get that daily beater I will be all amped up to see where this build goes. More then I am now to be honest.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

If it all goes to plan, I can't even tell you how awesome it'll turn out.

Comment

Waiting to talk with the H22 seller so I can arrange a time to view it. Money from my side job will pay for it if I buy it. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't buy it.

The plan, if/when I buy this motor is:

-Purchase motor & tranny, bring it home
          -Start replacing all seals & gaskets, timing belt & tensioner, clutch, throw out bearing etc etc etc.
          -Header, full exhaust with a twin loop muffler. As goofy as I think they look, I have found them to be (IMO) the best sounding exhaust on the H22s from the sound clips I've been watching.

Basically, I'll redo everything short of tearing it down and putting new internals in.

This will now pave the path for me to end up going all out on this car. Because this is THE Accord I wanted all along, this will turn into a full out build project. I will replace and upgrade everything mechanical on this car over the course of the fall/winter/spring.

I want to do a full out performance build. Daily driven race car. I've been driving mostly stock motored vehicles for too long. It's time I build something. I already drive the living piss out of this car. I make use of every single one of those 125 horses. Yes, it's quick, but it's not fast.

Everything will be touched on. Suspension and brakes will all be done and upgraded. Interior will be slightly modified. May use the Prelude seats. Haven't decided how much I'd fool around with the build of the H22, but considering if I buy the engine in June, I have nearly a year to build the car to have it ready for next spring.

I will need to buy a second car, and I plan to purchase another CB as my daily beater. Rusty or not, whatever. As long as I get something cheap and fairly decent, I'll rock it. And driving a CB will keep me motivated to keep working on the coupe.

It's about time I did a build like this. Really hoping this deal turns out in my favour.

Also, all my bills and debts are caught up after this month, so now I will have the budget to build it.
          Last edited by crazymikey; 05-25-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Waiting to talk with the H22 seller so I can arrange a time to view it. Money from my side job will pay for it if I buy it. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't buy it.

The plan, if/when I buy this motor is:

-Purchase motor & tranny, bring it home
            -Start replacing all seals & gaskets, timing belt & tensioner, clutch, throw out bearing etc etc etc.
            -Header, full exhaust with a twin loop muffler. As goofy as I think they look, I have found them to be (IMO) the best sounding exhaust on the H22s from the sound clips I've been watching.

Basically, I'll redo everything short of tearing it down and putting new internals in.

This will now pave the path for me to end up going all out on this car. Because this is THE Accord I wanted all along, this will turn into a full out build project. I will replace and upgrade everything mechanical on this car over the course of the fall/winter/spring.

I want to do a full out performance build. Daily driven race car. I've been driving mostly stock motored vehicles for too long. It's time I build something. I already drive the living piss out of this car. I make use of every single one of those 125 horses. Yes, it's quick, but it's not fast.

Everything will be touched on. Suspension and brakes will all be done and upgraded. Interior will be slightly modified. May use the Prelude seats. Haven't decided how much I'd fool around with the build of the H22, but considering if I buy the engine in June, I have nearly a year to build the car to have it ready for next spring.

I will need to buy a second car, and I plan to purchase another CB as my daily beater. Rusty or not, whatever. As long as I get something cheap and fairly decent, I'll rock it. And driving a CB will keep me motivated to keep working on the coupe.

It's about time I did a build like this. Really hoping this deal turns out in my favour.

Also, all my bills and debts are caught up after this month, so now I will have the budget to build it.

Very well thought through. Hopefully the deal falls through

Comment

Thanks. Working steady 44 hours/wk at my job is good, plus the detailing I do on the side, which can net me an extra $50-500 week depending how busy I am.

That extra cash flow is really nice. Been doing the side jobs since March and it's helped me pay off my bills quicker than expected. I just have a $400 debt left to pay at the end of this month, and instead of taking it out of my paycheck, I'm just going to cash out my $450 accrued vacation pay.

Comment

Goooooooood news.

Talking to the seller. As I mentioned, he has 2 engines/trannies.

I can do the H22/5 speed for $500, or the H22A4 auto, but with the auto tranny removed and just the engine for $300 and reuse my tranny on it.

He said he can also deliver too!

I guess I need to start brushing up on my H22 info. He said he's done a couple H swaps in the past, and on the last one he used the Accord 5 speed because it has longer gears, so he recommended I do that.

Looks like it's gonna happen!!

Comment

I havent looked at your MRT for a while, now i'm surprised to see how much is going on ! I should check on this more often lol, and oh yeah check out the civic i just got
                  Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Goooooooood news.

Talking to the seller. As I mentioned, he has 2 engines/trannies.

I can do the H22/5 speed for $500, or the H22A4 auto, but with the auto tranny removed and just the engine for $300 and reuse my tranny on it.

He said he can also deliver too!

I guess I need to start brushing up on my H22 info. He said he's done a couple H swaps in the past, and on the last one he used the Accord 5 speed because it has longer gears, so he recommended I do that.

Looks like it's gonna happen!!
                    Your gonna fall out of VTEC using the F tranny....
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Well then it'll just cost me $500 for the motor/tranny together.

But reading around, I can use my tranny....

From H22 swap parts list on here:

b) Accord Keeper Parts;
                      -Axles & Intermediate Shaft
                      -Engine Mounts (Check condition before reinstall)
                      -Some of the F22 timing parts can be used for the Manual Tensioner Conversion.
                      -You can keep your Transmission if you want, though a Prelude one would generally be faster, there are many options
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 05-26-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Do it. Thats a good price. Just drop another 400 for maintanace parts and youll have a new motor.
                        2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                        2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                        CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                        GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

I hope to get the motor next weekend. I get paid Thursday and have money coming in from my side job this week too.

Once I get the engine paid for, then I need to start looking for another CB to buy as a daily beater. Once that is purchased, then I can begin buying everything to refurbish the motor. This is going to be expensive, because I'm literally going to go all out and do it all right.

I can see the bill on this project from engine seals & gaskets to suspension and body/paint costing me $3-6k.

-Engine seals, gaskets etc
                          -Clutch, throw out bearing
                          -Header, full exhaust, intake etc
                          -Mild wire tuck
                          -Poly engine mounts
                          -All new suspension components. Balljoints, tie rods/ends, poly bushings, sway bars
                          -Rear disc swap, Wagon brakes
                          -F&F coilovers
                          -Prelude seats
                          -BB6 cluster
                          -Repair rust/dents
                          -Repaint (Frost white)

This is going to be a very intense build. As my car is already being built to a high standard on a low budget, I feel as if I have hit a wall with where the car can go in it's current state. This motor swap will let me go over every aspect of the car, and literally fully restore this car. I plan to keep the exterior as it is, but the interior will be a little sportier. Engine/brakes/suspension will all be upgraded to make this a road legal race car. Hell, I may even begin to autoX it. This will now become my summer-only car, and will be driven hard.

I intend to build this car as clean as something TypeG would approve of, and as mechanically fit, fast, fun and practical as possible. Staying 4 lug because I want to keep the ITRs.
                          Last edited by crazymikey; 05-26-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

im jelly....can't wait to see it come together
                            1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                            2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Me either. Haha. I haven't done a big intense build like this since about 06/07 when I built my slammed B2200. I had so much work into that truck and it was so worth it at the end.

I've been on this site for almost 3 years now, this is my 3rd Accord and about time I do a real build with all the knowledge, inspiration and motivation I've gotten from this site.

Comment

Well then it'll just cost me $500 for the motor/tranny together.

But reading around, I can use my tranny....

From H22 swap parts list on here:

b) Accord Keeper Parts;
                                -Axles & Intermediate Shaft
                                -Engine Mounts (Check condition before reinstall)
                                -Some of the F22 timing parts can be used for the Manual Tensioner Conversion.
                                -You can keep your Transmission if you want, though a Prelude one would generally be faster, there are many options
                                Yes, you CAN use the f tranny. The problem lies when shifting you "fall" out of VTEC because the f gears are so long.
                                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                                X