• Show
Clear All

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    thanks, hope she lasts this time

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    looking good Lee! Cant wait to see this thing running. Make sure you get a video of the dyno or some pulls so we can all enjoy the sound.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    Thank oni, I used to have an e-cutout back in 06. Theyre fun but I only find them useful if you have a full/quiet exhaust to begin with. Not really worth it on my current exhaust

Phil-I had the same experience with my hks. I hated it and can't stand that chirping sound anymore

Leave a comment:

• MR.PHIL
    replied
    good i've had HKS's and my turbo surge like a mofo specially my Garrett GT35R .
    i was thinking about trying the synapse.

Leave a comment:

• oni_cb7
    replied
    Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
    Glad to see we both inspire each other and keep us in the CB game

I thought about the side exit, but now I'm mounting the battery on the passenger side behind the bumper - keep it up front to avoid needing a battery cutoff switch, help keep weight over the front right tire to offset my weight a little, and it will be tucked out of sight. That means I'm left with either a hood exit exhaust (still not sure if I'm going to street this thing, but that wont help sell the car as a street car.) I could just keep the exhaust as is since its a 3" KTeller
    I think he meant one of these...

It's an electronic cutout that can be a straight pipe when open, or push the exhaust gas through the muffler and other exhaust components.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
    It's been a hell of a build bro. Congrats on the fire up. That feeling is priceless.
    Thanks man, sure is

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
    looking good Lee,how do you like the synapse bov?
    any turbo surge issues
    Thanks Phil. No surge issues at all with this BOV that I know of. I've been through a few BOV's and I like this one best so far. The only mod it needed was a larger set screw to hold it to the flange. The only other BOV I'd like to try is Tial.

Leave a comment:

• MR.PHIL
    replied
    looking good Lee,how do you like the synapse bov?
    any turbo surge issues

Leave a comment:

• SanJoCaF22DrAcc
    replied
    Fired her up tonight and she runs

needs a valve adjustment and timing set still but its a good feeling to fire it up after so long
    It's been a hell of a build bro. Congrats on the fire up. That feeling is priceless.
    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 05-05-2013, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    Fired her up tonight and she runs

needs a valve adjustment and timing set still but its a good feeling to fire it up after so long
    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 05-05-2013, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    Almost ready to fire up

I need to drain the gas tank and install the fuel pump still

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    Glad to see we both inspire each other and keep us in the CB game

I thought about the side exit, but now I'm mounting the battery on the passenger side behind the bumper - keep it up front to avoid needing a battery cutoff switch, help keep weight over the front right tire to offset my weight a little, and it will be tucked out of sight. That means I'm left with either a hood exit exhaust (still not sure if I'm going to street this thing, but that wont help sell the car as a street car.) I could just keep the exhaust as is since its a 3" KTeller

Leave a comment:

• NWaccord
    replied
    Just a short update:

Yeah buddy!!! this is the car I have my most attention too at this moment! This thing is just sick! Im really looking forward for you to have a great time at the track, and kill some records! CB7's represent!
    The exhaust dumping out the side would be killer!
    Ever though about a E-exhaust cutout? there convenient if you still drive her on the streets

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Ordered the final parts to get this thing fired up:

fast-turbo fuel line kit
    Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
    Allstar Performance Battery tray (moving the battery back to the front of the car)

Motor/trans are back in the car now, I just need to install the rest of the parts
    Giggity! That is all.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    Ordered the final parts to get this thing fired up:

fast-turbo fuel line kit
    Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
    Allstar Performance Battery tray (moving the battery back to the front of the car)

Motor/trans are back in the car now, I just need to install the rest of the parts

Leave a comment:

• tutsuo
    replied
    Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
    Maybe I should make a come back also, I still have most of the turbo parts lol
    I bought 2-3 of ur main components. xD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X