owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is frustrating and strange.

First, it has been hot as balls here, so I have been waiting to do anything with the car because, ultimately, I need to get my garage re-organized so that I can have the room I need to work on the Accord. So I haven't cleaned out and reorganized a lot of the stuff in the garage in quite awhile due to life obligations and the weather.

In the meantime, I have been doing weekly runs of the car to make sure it still gets run. I went to do the weekly run today and it is misfiring and coughing like crazy to the point it won't even stay running. It's weird because it was completely normal when I ran it about a week ago. No idea what changed since it is sitting in the garage.

At this point, I changed the plugs and did a quick inspection of the cap and rotor and that didn't do anything. The old plugs were definitely carbon fouled and black as could be, so it is definitely running rich. That said, the brand new OEM plugs made no change at all, so now I am thinking it is probably the fuel that is bad. I added new gas and stabilized it, but I am wondering if there was just some old bad fuel in there. They were all fouled equally, so I don't think I have a base physical mechanical issue with the engine itself, and that makes me hopeful that it isn't an injector problem.

I didn't have time today, but I'll have to start digging. I just wish it would have waited about 3-4 more weeks. It has literally been running fine regularly for 10 years. Welcome back to project car land!
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

A couple new parts finally arrived:

These are the little clips that hold the rear trunk trim on. They took a bit to get here because they came from somewhere over in Asia.

This is a braided steel clutch soft line. Took awhile to find one of these still available. Apparently, the company had to build it because they don't stock them anymore.

Comment

Picked up a set of wheels to run post 5 lug swap. They are from a 2021-2022 Accord EX-L. 17x7.5 +45. Hopefully they fit without any issues!

Comment

Picked up a factory CD player for a BB6 Prelude. Not quite original, but relatively period correct and it should light up amber to match the rest of the dash. I can't find my original CB stereo, which I was pretty sure I saved, but I would have had to convert all of the display to amber anyway, so I will try this initially. Also picked up the OEM cubby for it.

Comment

These are excellent selections. The wheels look like a really good fit!
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
              These are excellent selections. The wheels look like a really good fit!
              Thanks! We'll see how they look. I was originally was looking for the fully gray wheels on the Civics and Accords, and that is how these looked in the pictures. I think it will end up ok. I think the wheels are the same, they other versions just don't have the machined face.

Comment

Working...
              X