The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

lookin very nice mr mike.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Mike... Are you thinking of something like they use on an electric water pump on you power steering setup??? Anyways its looks great! i hope to see it again so i can take more pictures lol
        Last edited by 90Cb7sleeper; 08-25-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

thanks everybody 90Cb7sleeper - its a secret

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
          I agree completely, the A/C is has little effect on power when it's not engauged, and the P/S draws little to no power.....probably none as long as your not constantly cranking the steering wheel.
          the a/c clutch is disengaged like im sure you know, but as for p/s, check this out:

Originally posted by AutomotiveDesignLine.com
          Did you know that the hydraulic steering system in your car siphons off somewhere between one to three miles per gallon from your vehicle's performance and consumes more energy than your car's air conditioner? In fact, it's the third highest energy-loss mechanism in your car, following wind resistance and road friction.
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-25-2006, 11:10 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            thanks everybody 90Cb7sleeper - its a secret

the a/c clutch is disengaged like im sure you know, but as for p/s, check this out:

An interesting thing about the CB7 system though, is that it consumes less energy above about 15-20MPH because is goes into full bypass mode. Hence the variable assist.

Don't know about your new setup though.

Keep us posted, because I think I have an idea!
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

very nice progress mike!

btw the heater valve... is that the jdm one?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                very nice progress mike!

btw the heater valve... is that the jdm one?
                thanks mauri. its the neverending project. hopefully ill be able to drive it down to your house soon

yep thats the jdm one, wouldnt want to have to take apart the hoses and redo the coolant just to do the climate control.

Current cars:

Comment

You had given yourself up in a previous thread when asking about Toyota MR-2 parts I didn't know the P/S takes away that many MPG's, but as said, after 20 mph it's basically manual steering

Comment

I have to admit that this is the first time I've looked through every page of this thread....

Alot of work was put into this car and it shows. Props. That is some labor intensive shit you go through especially working outside....

Crazy stuff man.. Keep up the good work. That shit is nuts...
                    www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Originally posted by StickyDilJoe
                      I have to admit that this is the first time I've looked through every page of this thread....

Alot of work was put into this car and it shows. Props. That is some labor intensive shit you go through especially working outside....

Crazy stuff man.. Keep up the good work. That shit is nuts...
                      thank you joey. and thats why ive been posting so many pictures, so i (and others) can look through it and see the step by step progress of my project.

it is definately a lot of work, but i dont mind it at all. while its time consuming, its actually pretty fun. its much more enjoyable than wrenching on other stuff, like swapping a clutch or doing a timing belt... it feels more like one of those personal projects you do as a hobby, like building a model... its just a really big model. taking the time to clean and prepare each piece, assembling it bit by bit. im just looking forward to the completion. and then i get to start doing the same thing to the suspension next spring, oh joy!

today is officially my first day off of a 10 day vacation (vacation from work, not vacation from cars...) i have all of this week off of work, and next monday is labor day so i go back to work on tuesday. this week WILL be the completion of this engine bay, and i WILL be driving it by the end.

also, according to my parents, the other three CB's will be completely fixed up and sold by sept 1. HAH riiiiiiiight, we will see how that goes. hopefully they will be fixed by the end of this vacation though, and sold before winter..
                      Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-26-2006, 05:00 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

hot... do you have any ecu plans?
                        HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                          hot... do you have any ecu plans?
                          thanks jason ... and why? trying to sell me your hondata? i have a chipped P28, and i have extra chips and a chip burner. i still need to delve into the world of tuning, hopefully thats something i can start to do when this is back up and running.

Current cars:

Comment

alright, a much needed update. i got a lot of it done. its really annoying how tedious and time consuming this all is, ill spend 5-6 hours outside and all ill have done is a couple little things...

i flared a new fitting onto the brake line and installed the lude master cylinder. installed brand new clutch master cylinder. did the timing belts. got the nitrous lines and solenoids installed, did new coolant and brake booster hoses. did more blah blah i dont even remember. got a load of stuff from the dealer, mostly hardware. ive been back and forth to the dealer 6-7 times already, and to advance auto even more than that, over a dozen times...

battery jumper posts came, so did the braided clutch line - its the wrong freaking one, which sucks, so i have the stock rusted out rubber one back in for now. bought a new throttle body gasket for an H22A4 ('00 lude SH) ends up its not even right, most of it is correct besides the lower edge, i had to cut part of it off.

this is such a strange motor, theres no fast idle valve, no idle screw (??!?) and ive ditched EGR, IAB, ABS, Evap, etc... ive been cutting plugs off of my wiring harness left and right, i have a pile (a dozen?) of unused plugs that i cut off. theres numerous other little differences that ive come across that i cant remember at the moment. well, the thermostat is huge... bigger than any one ive ever seen, and bigger than the one that supposed to be for an H22A4... so idk what im going to do if that ever dies.

anyway heres the pictures. notice the stealthy nitrous install... the only things you can see is the fuel line T and the nozzle (not installed yet- just the two lines). all thats left is the engine wiring harness (half done), radiator, exhaust, and put the suspension back together.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-04-2014, 04:52 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

lookin really good ...keeep up the good work...
                              My Members Ride Thread

Comment

WOW!!! looking great mike

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X