No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a set of wheels and tires on for the winter.

rotas are up for sale or trade (with tires), see my signature picture.

wheels: 9293 EX coupe / 10AE alloys
    tires: Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S (195/60/15)

great tires, they are actually better than the gforce sports on the slipstreams!

anyhoo heres some winter pictures. dont mind the missing sideskirt, i ran out of usable clips after i reinstalled the passenger side skirt. still need to get around to ordering a set for the other side.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:30 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
      whats the tread pattern look like on the new tires, my boss has been recommending that i get some michelins for my winter tires
      only picture i have of the tread, from the same time as the other pics. dont mind how dirty they are, the day i put them on i did lots of driving including through mud and some of those nasty gravel/dirt roads with all of those humongous, water filled potholes.

great tires, they dont break loose like the gforces did sometimes. and they totally blow those shitty tires on the steelies out of the water.

got them for $429 (retail) for all 4, with free stems, mounting and balancing (thx oneoff!!!)

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:30 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

Where are your sideskirts? And thanks for the help btw

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

made a couple images i made out of some old pics i took, figured id post them up.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:31 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

i like the winter look...nice
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

everytime i see your engine bay i get happy.
              oh, and thanks for the reward.
              youre my favorite mike.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Damn your car is fkn awsome!
                Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

i just read all of your thread and....um...yeah...um...wow!
                  it makes me wish i had a spare car (and a job ) so that i could take my time and do everything perfectly at one time. my parents wont let me keep a "junk" car around the house so im thinking about renting a storage buildign slot big enough to fit it and a few other thing in to it.
                  keep up the absolutely mind-blowing work. its hard to comprehend you spent this much time and money on just the engine bay, and you plan to get the rest of the car up to the same level of perfection. i cant wait to see the interior!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                    i just read all of your thread and....um...yeah...um...wow!
                    it makes me wish i had a spare car (and a job ) so that i could take my time and do everything perfectly at one time. my parents wont let me keep a "junk" car around the house so im thinking about renting a storage buildign slot big enough to fit it and a few other thing in to it.
                    keep up the absolutely mind-blowing work. its hard to comprehend you spent this much time and money on just the engine bay, and you plan to get the rest of the car up to the same level of perfection. i cant wait to see the interior!
                    thanks a lot dude. my suspension is in dire need of help (its falling apart, everything is going bad at once) so thats my primary concern for right now, im trying to slowly collect all the parts i need. id like to do the interior during the summer, so i guess we will see how that turns out

storage units are great places to work on cars... its all blacktop, the actual unit has a solid, flat concrete surface, and theres room, electricity, lighting, and a locking door. the only issue is that the units are $400+ a month - fortunately excalibur02 works at the property, so every month he transfers the unit into another one of his friend's names to get the first-month $30 promotional price. every so often cars/parts need to be relocated to a new box, but oh well. tips: get a unit with an overhead light bulb, so you can plug in an extension cord. also, either get one of those large flat drip trays from autozone, or plenty of cardboard, as storage companies do NOT like dark oil stains on their clean concete floors

Current cars:

Comment

any update on the belt-less power steering?
                      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

X2 on the powersteering set-up. my guess is that there is some electical pump and is moving the fluid instead of the belt driven pump and it is powered by the battery or is there more to it
                        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                        Check out my JDM F22B swap
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                          or is there more to it
                          nope. just not too high on my list of things to do, the unit is proving to be extremely hard to find, and any money i would spend on it could serve much better as repairs to my suspension.

recently its been put on the "cool features that i want to add to my car soon" list, the one that never seems to make any progress because everything else thats more important takes too much work and costs too much. its right there with the motorized pop-out rear coupe windows. ill finish getting it hooked up at some point, at LEAST by the time when i call my CB7 "complete." all the lines are setup for it, its just missing the pump.

my non-power steering is very light, though... i have a friend with a 5th gen accord w/ an H22, we bypassed the pump by connecting the hard line to the suction line. his steering is a TON harder than mine... i can drive mine one handed, with my knee, its pretty effortless. when moving anywhere over 2mph, its just as easy to steer as when i HAD power steering. his, you need to wrench the wheel to move the car around. mines probably lighter because i removed just about all of the lines, including the cooler - so theres no long pipes to push the fluid through
                          Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-22-2007, 11:27 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

Nice ride, blah blah blah, I wish mine could, etc...

I was searching around for something and I was led to your page and specifically the list you had up in July where you snuck in "kill everyone." Did you get that from when I had that up? And it doesn't seem anyone noticed or cared. Or course that makes it better for when you actually do it.

Also, I'll have to talk to you more when I remove my P/S. I might be changing my rack soon and might do it then or wait till I have my Fit. Probably not till March now. Same with the brake line you flared for me. No time to have my car down, plus now it's actually cold.
                            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

awww man.. i can stop looking at how clean under the hood is!! nice ride man .. clean and simple.. frost white coupes ftw!

seriously while i was in NY i was looking for cb7's .. especially keeping an eye out for 9996 .. lol
                              Last edited by TheNextAZN; 01-23-2007, 06:08 AM.
                              -:Ĥ:-
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

TheNextAZN - thanks im usually around newburgh, walden, wallkill, middletown... southern NY, but north of NYC. i still want to someday come across another cb7tuner, randomly on the street. thatd be awesome.

Originally posted by uslspct
                                Nice ride, blah blah blah, I wish mine could, etc...

I was searching around for something and I was led to your page and specifically the list you had up in July where you snuck in "kill everyone." Did you get that from when I had that up? And it doesn't seem anyone noticed or cared. Or course that makes it better for when you actually do it.

Also, I'll have to talk to you more when I remove my P/S. I might be changing my rack soon and might do it then or wait till I have my Fit. Probably not till March now. Same with the brake line you flared for me. No time to have my car down, plus now it's actually cold.
                                thanks, blah blah, shoutouts, etc.

yes, i got that from you. i thought it was really funny and i figured it was a perfect opportunity to try it myself, and it seems the only person who noticed it was k-mart. maybe we can team up someday.

i know the feeling about projects being put on hold. winter and cold makes it VERY undesirable to work on the car. summer is "hey lets work on it for fun!" mode while winter is "yeah i know its broken, but its too cold, i hope it lasts till spring" mode.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X