SMseagren83 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackice
    the difference between the jdm and usdm header is in the flange that connects to the cat, the jdm one uses a donut type gasket that sits in a recessed spot on the flange while the usdm uses a normal flat gasket. from what i have heard the usdm downpipe will mate right up to the stock accord cat/exhaust but of course will have a bottleneck right at that first flange. a 92-96 prelude cat should also hook right up, i'm pretty sure it is the same length as the accords albeit with a bigger diameter. i am running an oem replacement cat thats the standard size and the length is exactly the same as the accords.

let me make a slight change....the USDM accords have donut gaskets that sit in a recessed area as well.

as said above the flange on the end of the downpipe is the difference. the length of the JDM H22 downpipe is just fine. its the flange that is the problem. the 3 bolt spacing **on the flange**is off (too far apart) in comparison to the USDM accords/prelude flange.

so you CAN use a 93-96 H22 USDM header and downpipe and it will bolt RIGHT up to the accord catalytic converter. but since the accord cat uses really small piping ( like cory aka blackice said above) it creates a bottleneck type of flow pattern which will decrease the efficiency.

so to solve THAT issue you can use a 93-96 H22 VTEC USDM catalytic converter (USDM since they use the same flange bolt pattern as accords, just larger diameter piping).

is this is confusing you Ronald, just let me know and i will take a side by side picture of the downpipes...and my accord CAT.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Haha wow you guys clear that up fast

Nope Sean, everything makes sense now..Thanks a lot! It's weird how the JDM DP has a different type of gasket and a diffferent bolt pattern on the flange with the USDM version tho..I wonder why that is hehe

Now the only thing remains is the question whether the 92-96 H22 VTEC Lude cat has the same length as the 97-01 Lude cat, 'coz that's the one that i have right now hehe..So if you could please measure the length of the Lude cat whenever you have time, I'd reeaaaaallly really appreciate it bro

So problem solved for you then huh? The Greddy header would bolt up to the Lude cat, and then the Lude cat would also bolt up to your catback with no problems or mods needed? That's awesome bro!

Now I just can't wait to see your car running hahaha better keep us updated yow

Thanks again for all the info guys..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

does this thing even run yet or what? lol
        www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
        http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Originally posted by Rosko
          does this thing even run yet or what? lol

LMAO

no not yet. ran into ANOTHER problem. i have all necessary parts though. the Greddy header (which im dissapointed with) hits the front mount bracket/lock nut(special honda one). needs another 7mm of room to clear that side of the lock nut. i need a 17mm locknut thats 1/2 the size of the honda one. and a bolt thats about .50'' shorter.

i did however get the throttle cable all hooked up and working perfect. got the shifter all finished (with bushing). i routed all my VTEC/sensor wires into the car & wired up the reverse lights.

now its still.....

install header/fill all fluids/install battery/recalibrate TPS/pin ecu plugs for vtec

should be started this weekend.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

You can do all the rest without it starting.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well.............

SHE RUNS!!!! and boy does she sound good! two cranks and the H22 started right up! no leaks no CELs no issues!

things left to do:
              test cooling fan motor
              throw on the cf hood

here are some photos for you everyone.....until i upload the start up video and finished product pictures!!

this one is @ about 80% finished. had to change rotor/cap fill fluids/pin ecu/throw on intake **which is temp until i throw on the diff one...hehe **

Comment

Looks great Sean... arn't ya glad you didnt give up.....

Comment

Originally posted by snailin91
                  Looks great Sean... arn't ya glad you didnt give up.....

thanks Charlie!! yeah im definately glad i didnt give up, although it has stressed me out! never been so stressed before....oh well im gonna take her for a spin tomorrow if weather permits it.

oh hey, sorry about today we were suppose to make that exchange! we need to figure a good day/weekend to swap clusters!

Comment

yay, i told you it wouldn't throw any cels lol, now get your butt up here so we can start tuning foo. btw it takes mine quite a while for the fan to turn on and usually after idling 15-20 minutes or after a hard run. just keep an eye on the gauge and get that hood back on .
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                      yay, i told you it wouldn't throw any cels lol, now get your butt up here so we can start tuning foo. btw it takes mine quite a while for the fan to turn on and usually after idling 15-20 minutes or after a hard run. just keep an eye on the gauge and get that hood back on .

lol, when did you say that??? anyways the map we have on my P28 seems to be doing alright, i here slight a slight hiccup at idle at times. but doesnt run too rich and no smoke.

drove it today, and the clutch is butter! no grinds and the rpms sure get up there fast! im trying to keep it 4k below for the first 300-500 miles, just to make sure all the seals get conditioned and fluids are going everything.

BUT damn its hard...seems like the motor just wants to be in that 5k-7400rpm range.

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83

Haaaa such a beautiful sight..
                        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                        ....................My New Baby
                        SOLD TO
                        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I've been reading over your member's ride thread. I'm just now swapping in an h22a and I'm running into the seemingly endless series of problems you endured. haha Its kinda discouraging as of now.

BUT I'm glad to see you H is up and running. Your battle with that swap is good motivation for me to keep working.

Aside from the swap, your car looks great. I love that rear fog light. I'm looking forward to seeing the EuroR mani and s2k tb in there!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                            I've been reading over your member's ride thread. I'm just now swapping in an h22a and I'm running into the seemingly endless series of problems you endured. haha Its kinda discouraging as of now.

BUT I'm glad to see you H is up and running. Your battle with that swap is good motivation for me to keep working.

Aside from the swap, your car looks great. I love that rear fog light. I'm looking forward to seeing the EuroR mani and s2k tb in there!

THANKS MAN!!

i definately know how discouraging it can get. dont let it get to you, because in the end its WELL worth it. what issues are you running into? if you have any problems and need some help, let me know...maybe i can help or give you an idea of how to overcome the issue.

**ive actually been meaning to finish my DIY/swap documentation of my H22 +5spd swap, hopefully ill finish it up soon**

best of luck to you and your car!! just take ur time and do it right the first time!!

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                              congrats sean, I haven't checked back here in a while and damn, I'm glad I did. that header is hot too. right now I'm wishing I was still moving out there so I could see it in person

thanks zach!

im not too impressed with the Greddy header, but oh well..too late now.

how is your car doin? ill have to stop by ur MR thread and take a look! hope all is well.

Sean

Comment

Right on man, good to see she's done finished, I see the ps pump and cruise are really really close to each other, having any issues with that?

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

Working...
                                X