Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aww_shiet
    throwing up oil? yo thas just sweat from all the horse power! lol

hmm... who did the swap? did you have them do a leakdown before it was installed?

lol, yeah sweat from the horsePOWA! riight. ill just ignore it and keep telling myself thats what is....

i did the swap with the helping hands of a couple friends/members. i originally thought it was the oil passages on the outer corners of the HG leaking since it was collecting on the two corners on the drivers side (front/rear) and didnt seem to be coming from anywhere else. i cleaned all the oil with brakleen and watched closely for a few days. nothing really was coming back, except instead of on the corners near where the head/block meet it was all down the backside of the lower timing cover.

anyhow long story of cleaning/running/scratching head /cleaning/inspecting so on and so forth, it was a combination of a ripped valve cover gasket **weird i know**, and little leaky oil pump gasket. its all replaced now. now if it starts leaking anywhere else ill be PISSED! vitrually every seal is NOW replaced with brand new OEM seals!!!

enough of that mess though.....

Originally posted by Clean-CB7
    dam ur swap is deff inspirational but heartbreaking at the same time lol. if u run into this many problems and u bought ur H22 built?? i can only imagine how many problems im gunna run into since i have to BUILD mine (its in pieces) .. i also have to do the 5spd swap and have all the parts but from what i hear its not that complicated
    honestly, i replaced all major gaskets and what not from the start. its just been a series of bad luck. my first swap in the car *the ol JDM F22A* had NO problems and ran like a champ.

my H22 isnt "built" but i DO plan on adding some nice upgrades..both bolt ons and internally. just enough to keep me satisfied, although im pretty satisfied currently. despite all the bad luck/mishaps its a VERY clean engine inside and out, and VERY healthy!

Sean

-----------------------------------------------------
    Since it really hasnt been running, until this afternoon. i had a chance to FINALLY take out my JDM outer tail lights and buff them with the powerball and plastic polish! spent some time on them, but i need to work them some more to get a couple deeper scratches out.

Can you see the difference???

maybe with FLASH??? my trunk is definately confused.
    setup from left to right is JDM--USDM--EDM--JDM

thats all for now. thanks for looking. lol
    Last edited by SMseagren83; 07-04-2007, 12:13 AM.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Woahh EDM inner with fog insert?! PIMP!! Hahaha that's awesome bro

So, did you figure out the leak on the motor yet? I wrote a list of possible seals and gaskets when I replied on my MR thread, not sure if you read it tho..

Well, hope the car will be up and running soon!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
        SWEET!!! Integrated Fog FTW!!!!

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

So, did you figure out the leak on the motor yet? I wrote a list of possible seals and gaskets when I replied on my MR thread, not sure if you read it tho..

Well, hope the car will be up and running soon!

Ronald

hahaha that EDM tail light w/integrated fog isnt ALL that pimp.

i did figure the leak out. my v/c gasket had a rip in it right inbetween where the two cams are. so oil was going down in there and leaking down the block to the bottom of the timing cover.

my oil pump gasket * the little funny looking one* had a small leak as well. ALL gaskets/seals have now been replaced on the motor, except one haha. leak has not come back......yet.

Originally posted by Tnwagn
          SWEET!!! Integrated Fog FTW!!!!
          LOL, its funny cuz its pretty noticeable just standing/driving behind the car but people hardly notice that its there. its not until i post a upclose-in-your-face picture of it, that people seem to catch it.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

verrrry nice, I like...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Dude, your ride is looking hawt.
              I am lovin the photo update.
              Go team Brown!

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

just read thorhg the thread nice work. Your car is so clean how do you keep your engine bay that clean...low mileage lol? also that greddy header looks so nice in the bay, how much did you pay?

also, those honda of america emblems, are they from a motorcycle?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                  verrrry nice, I like...
                  thank you, sir!

Originally posted by hondaracer33
                  Dude, your ride is looking hawt.
                  I am lovin the photo update.
                  Go team Brown!
                  haha, thank you much! its always "under construction".

Originally posted by starchland
                  just read thorhg the thread nice work. Your car is so clean how do you keep your engine bay that clean...low mileage lol? also that greddy header looks so nice in the bay, how much did you pay?

also, those honda of america emblems, are they from a motorcycle?
                  thanks for the kind words man.

my chassis actually has 220k-ish miles on it. the swap is only a few months old and when everything was out i went over the entire bay using various chemicals to clean it up. i try to clean the bay up every time i wash the car.

the Greddy header was fairly expensive for what it does. i paid 380 for it i believe.

the HOA 'eagle' emblems are off a couple diff cars. i have a few diff sets, one from a CD chassis one from a CB9. i dont thnk any are from a motorcycle.

Comment

So?! No more leak now? Everything's running good and strong? So you'll be driving up here to meet up with us Vancouver guys?!

I can't believe you have both the G-square and Chargespeed grilles....Baller

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

So?! No more leak now? Everything's running good and strong? So you'll be driving up here to meet up with us Vancouver guys?!

I can't believe you have both the G-square and Chargespeed grilles....Baller

Ronald

yup, no more leaks....yet!

she is running pretty strong, in fact i just put in fresh 10w30 and new Honda MTF fluid, since i just hit 1000k miles since the swap.

yeah i should be good to go for a future Vancouver meet. lol

haha, im not sure if ill be keeping BOTH grills, yet. still waiting on one to be finished at the body shop as a side job. who knows i change my mind fairly often

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                        yup, no more leaks....yet!

she is running pretty strong, in fact i just put in fresh 10w30 and new Honda MTF fluid, since i just hit 1000k miles since the swap.

yeah i should be good to go for a future Vancouver meet. lol

haha, im not sure if ill be keeping BOTH grills, yet. still waiting on one to be finished at the body shop as a side job. who knows i change my mind fairly often
                        hehe Dang, hitting that million mile mark with the h22?

hmm, maybe you should change that head gasket and use it as an excuse to swap on the euro r intake mani as well... I wanna see that intake manifold on there!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                          hehe Dang, hitting that million mile mark with the h22?

hmm, maybe you should change that head gasket and use it as an excuse to swap on the euro r intake mani as well... I wanna see that intake manifold on there!
                          lmao! nice catch there. whoops.

the headgasket doesnt need to be changed nor am i leaking ANY oil anymore. engine is running healthy and compression is outstanding!

the euroR intake manifold will be installed very soon. ive just been finishing a few key things with my car. plus i had to find/fix that oil leak. so plans are back on track!

my buddy (blackice) beat me to the euroR install. he says it made a pretty BIG difference with midrange-high end power. the S2K TB probably helps a bit too.

i should go snap some pics of the progress ive made this past week. this page has no pics.

how are you enjoying your H22 swap??

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83

my buddy (blackice) beat me to the euroR install. he says it made a pretty BIG difference with midrange-high end power. the S2K TB probably helps a bit too.

Sean
                            haha that's gonna make vtec even more addicting. Should be awesome. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your IM?

My h22a is going fine but I'm pulling it out today to stuff the F back in. I gotta get the car smogged by august 1st, so I might as well smog it with the F and drop an m2b4 in once I put the h22a back in.

Good to hear that the head gasket isn't leaking anymore! PIX PLX

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                              haha that's gonna make vtec even more addicting. Should be awesome. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your IM?

My h22a is going fine but I'm pulling it out today to stuff the F back in. I gotta get the car smogged by august 1st, so I might as well smog it with the F and drop an m2b4 in once I put the h22a back in.

Good to hear that the head gasket isn't leaking anymore! PIX PLX

i honestly sourced a damn good deal on mine. i think $208 shipped was my total. thats just the start though...my custom IACV plate/EGR plate/fuel rail adapter/S2k TB add quite a bit to the total price. lmao.

should be fun when all said and done here soon.

i cant believe you're going through the work to yank it back out just for a smog test. hardcore man!

---------------------------------------------------------------
                              LAME PIC UPDATE--> batteries are charging so pics of actual car progress will have to wait til tomorrow or monday when i can take more pics.

**what does your oil cap say??** just cuz

Comment

Nice ride man
                                wat?

Comment

Working...
                                X