Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeW
    replied
    I dont think you'll blow the motor. Joe didnt have his streetworthy but a week or 2(maybe a month) before it was gone. Not his fault, but i digress. Id like to see you get it going and it be around for a while.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    Jayson, i dont wanna jinx it so, knock on wood, but i hope your car doesnt go down the same path as QuakerJoe's. That thing sat and didnt go very far and when he finally got it together it wasnt very long before it was gone. Ive seen your car once, in person, and if i remember correctly it wasnt exactly in the best of shape. Id like to see it again, hopefully in it's prime.
    haha, yeah you're right it wasnt in the greatest of shape at that meet, but in all honesty that was a rare occurrance. it's only had a few hiccups like that in it's reliability and it sucks that it happened for a meet. it was just a coolant leak anyway, but it was little shit like that with that motor that made me pull it in the first place.

like you said though, i am very worried about getting all of this done then something happening to it like blowing the motor the first week i have it done or hit one of the hundreds (quite literally, not an exaggeration) of deer i see a month or something. this is why it won't be a daily driver. well, that and no power steering or a/c but i did that to myself!

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Jayson, i dont wanna jinx it so, knock on wood, but i hope your car doesnt go down the same path as QuakerJoe's. That thing sat and didnt go very far and when he finally got it together it wasnt very long before it was gone. Ive seen your car once, in person, and if i remember correctly it wasnt exactly in the best of shape. Id like to see it again, hopefully in it's prime.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    just got in my fog harness, and the pistons, rods, rings, header, injectors, and some other parts are on their way. still waiting on most of the seals/gaskets and stuff like the spark plug wire cover, but it's coming together. i cant wait to start building a pile of parts in my room!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    ok, time to start ordering shit for my car! i just got some money for my birthday as well as money i've been saving since before christmas.
    i just bought a fog harness, and i will be buying type-S pistons and rods as well as a bisimoto intake manifold gasket tomorrow! next up is a bunck of seals/gaskets and ARP head studs to re-build the motor. i'm hoping to have it all in the next 2 weeks so i can have it in time for spring break when i'm hoping to get this thing mostly done!

stay tuned, i have some tricks up my sleeve that you are going to want to see!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
    you have an awesome garage!
    thanks man, i feel blessed whenever i stop and think about what i have. and when i think about helping adam (mndude07) with his 5-lug swap in his dinky-ass 1-car garage. we couldnt even open the doors all the way or pull the car more than half-way in!

i have pretty much taken over that side of the shop, everything else is kinda just stored in the surrounding area. i should thank my parents more for letting me have that space so i can work on my car and other projects. they let me be since they know i am learning a lot and having a great time when i'm out there working on it. its also a good alternative to sitting in the living room eating and watching TV!

Leave a comment:

• Night Wolf
    replied
    you have an awesome garage!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    i finally have some updated pictures for you guys!

and some of my shop:

yes, those are iceicle christmas lights lol. mom put those up when we had a party in there a couple years ago and we just never took them down. in the bottom left of the picture is the beginning of a new work bench im making for myself. this is only less than half of the building, through the right door in the upper left is a smaller room where mom keeps her gardening stuff and the left door goes into another space about the same size as the one my cars in. that side has a dirt floor and has 2 horse stalls, a hay loft, and more random storage.

Leave a comment:

• Bcozzi71
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    ill blue house the headlights the color of ur car sickness
    blahhhh noooo

but car is looking good cant wait to see it done

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    ill blue house the headlights the color of ur car sickness

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    Add one piece headlights and color-matched mirrors to that and it'll look sick.
    like this? (kindof a shitty photoshop-ing, but you get the idea0

Leave a comment:

• mndude07
    replied
    Add one piece headlights and color-matched mirrors to that and it'll look sick.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    i did a quick additional photoshop of an old photoshopped pic to see how my wheels would look with gunmetal centers and body-matched lips:

i kinda fucking love it
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 11-03-2009, 11:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    Yeah, I was asking what you're doing to it right now but I already read it! I wish I had a Legend lip!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    Oh OK. What are you doing on the car though?
    what do you mean? have you not seen any of the pics in the last 4 pages of this thread or my sig? or are you asking what am i doing to it right now? at the moment i'm just planning, doing research into the engine build, sourcing parts to buy when i have money, buying the few parts i can afford, and dreaming. i'm going home this weekend, and i'm going to get the whole engine bay sealed with some cheap spray paint. its not ready for paint yet, but i dont want the bare metal that is there to rust and ruin a whole summer's worth of work on the engine bay. i'll also probably install the 95legend coupe lip that i got last weekend on the bumper that is sitting on top of my bank of shelves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X