Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Shes home now...did I mention I had him paint my 92 sedan trunk also?

Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    It comes home tomorrow!

My painter sent me this:

Leave a comment:

• hondamanf22
    replied
    Cools, was wondering what happened to your bay. Looks really good

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Just went to check out my car at the bodyshop...primer!

Also started breaking my wiring harness down to rebuild it into a mil-spec:
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied

The block is painted and looks AMAZING! Now to start bolting some shiny parts to it...

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    So.
    Much.
    Work.
    Ahead.

BUT...it'll all be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Went to kyle's last week to check on the CB, its coming along quite nicely!

Also started working on some of the detail pieces, I bought some semi-gloss black engine paint that I am very pleased with the finish of. I will be using it on several pieces throughout the bay, the biggest piece of which is the engine block and tranny themselves.

I cleaned up the block in more ways than one. It was VERY dirty and took several days to clean. I also saw a couple nasty seams of casting flash and unnecessary extrusions that were sharp and not very good to look at. About an hour with a dremel and some small files and the block looks way better. Above is the main ugliness I did not like.

And gone!

This is where I finished for the day, with the block primed with 2 coats of primer.

Stay tuned for more!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Finally, an update!!!!

my painter has gotten around to my car and sent me a picture of the progress on my engine bay:

He is putting one of his guys on it full time, so I should be getting it back pretty soon!

Leave a comment:

• CB7H22Los
    replied
    not bad im loving all the lil parts your getting! reminds me of when i was getting everything for my cb! can't wait to see it put together

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Wish I had more to update, but I've just been picking up more parts.
    Got some Wicked Tuning rear upper control arms from tnwagon
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
    man i feel sorry for you. a rule of thump is just cause the price is cheap doesnt mean its worth it. Paint work is a very touchie subject. Sometimes people want to pay for work and sometimes they dont. Im not saying you at all. But i hope you get what im saying.
    I understand completely. At the time I had a really crappy job and my best friend works for the painter when he needs help, so he said he can get it done for me. I went against my better judgment and had him do it. I thought it was so cheap because he had very little to do other than spray it (just some finish sanding in a couple fiddly places I didn't want to mess with anymore, I'm sure you know how that is!), but he just sprayed it without finishing any of that up. It was even the wrong laurel blue, not enough silver in it.

Leave a comment:

• oneoffaccord
    replied
    man i feel sorry for you. a rule of thump is just cause the price is cheap doesnt mean its worth it. Paint work is a very touchie subject. Sometimes people want to pay for work and sometimes they dont. Im not saying you at all. But i hope you get what im saying.

Leave a comment:

• brsteinbach
    replied
    I think a video would be awesome. Glad you were given a side to be able to work on your car with out being cold or have to deal with the weather.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
    All the more reason to keep my CB >.< I can't wait to see work done!!!! I been itchin to see you CB for 2 years now...
    Thanks man, haha I've been itching to see it done for nearly 3 years now! When are you going to be back stateside? I'll try to have it drivable and come visit you.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
    whats wrong with the bay? i really cant tell by the pics? I think next time u paint the bay you should take out both subframes for a better look
    I made the mistake of taking it to a guy that isn't known for the best work just because he was going to do it for cheap. When he "finished" it, I saw that he hadn't sanded anywhere I'd asked him to finish up for me (I did the majority of the bodywork, just took it to him to finish and paint), there was a giant greasy thumbprint on top of the passenger side motor mount-very obvious-and worst of all, didn't even paint the backside of the shock towers. Not anything close to a professional job. It looks good in pictures, and might have been good enough for someone just wanting it to look good on the internet, but I want it to be pretty damn perfect, so I took it to the best painter in town, and a friend of mine. He's charging me 4 times as much, but its worth it to have it done right after 2 years of hard work. I just kinda wish he wasn't as busy with more lucrative insurance work so he could finish it up. I'm unemployed at the moment though, so he can take his time and let me save up my pennies so I can pay him lol
    Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
    I wish it was my shop.
    Yeah man, I feel really blessed. Its my parents shop, but other than keeping horses and our tractor in the other half (through the door in the picture, same size room, dirt floor), they don't use it and let me have full reign over the concrete side. To the right of the picture is an adjoining room that my mom keeps her gardening stuff in and to the left is the wood loft where we keep extra/scrap plywood and boards. Camping stuff, bikes, and other random crap is below the loft. I kinda want to make a gopro video and give a tour.

Leave a comment:

• HappyGilmore
    replied
    All the more reason to keep my CB >.< I can't wait to see work done!!!! I been itchin to see you CB for 2 years now...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X