Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I went out and tried using your suggested settings. Here is the result. 1/10second f3.5 ISO 200. I tried using a faster shutter speed but the image was too dark. I am pleased with the results of this setting. Unedited pic other than license plate n such.

Gotta say I feel relieved. Thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciate it. I guess I was on the right path and then I began over thinking things.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

If you did that at 1/10th of a second wide open at 3.5, and didn't use a tripod ...
      I shit myself! Pretty damn steady there ... you damn youngins these days.
      You could have gone to 300 there .. I woulda gone to atleast 400.
      The XTi can handle it. After all, these aren't images that you're gonna use for any publicational work,
      it's the internet for crying outloud. Overthinking, and trying to make something built by man
      ummm, hasn't really worked out so hot in the past.

My mentor (sinsei) use to say, "there are 3 things in photography, people, places, and things.
      Combine all 3 together, and you'll have done your job."

Of course he was talking about wedding photography .. but it applies to everything else IMHO.
      It's like our 4rth gen. accords. I don't have to know about chevy's, fords, or even gremlins!
      All I need knowledge of is .. any 90-93 accord. I'm set, as long as I only buy 90/93 accords.
      Too many people try to get too technical with a DSLR today. And the crazy thing is ..
      It's all fawkin pretty much automated now .. it does it FOR you: auto focus! (check)
      auto zoom .. check! auto exposure .. aye ya yaiiii, you wanna get technical lol?
      Get a medium format camera like my old Pentax 6x7, with no meter, and shoot film
      that you have NO way of "chimping" at the picture right after you took it a second ago.
      Nope. You gotta wait a week before the lab in another state sends it all back to you LMAO!

The "keepers" that I get with digital are farrr less then what I got with film.
      Film makes you *selective* .. there's none of this: spray n pray mentallity.

People aren't forced to think outside the box today. They're not *conditioned* the way were.
      When I grew up, it's what made you .. diverse. How dare you step outside the box!

People look at my work on MM and say that my "technique" is older looking.
      I say it's my "style" .. and I'm not changing it because the times have changed.
      I'll buy and use with the current *medium* (DSLR) to get the job done PROPERLY, but I won't ever change my .. "style" ..

Find a niche grasshoppa .. do what no one else is doing, and you'll get noticed, fast!
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 05-04-2013, 07:49 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Tripod - not for this pic. The camera was set atop a 4 ft ladder. I don't have that steady of a hand. I have been shooting in manual. Auto Focus and Auto White Balance are in play however at the moment. I will soon begin experimenting with custom white balance to learn that aspect.

I appreciate your years of experience. I never plan on going pro such as yourself. However I would like to know what I'm doing and how I obtained my results. I should really take a class or two, but time is limited and I so is money. I want to get to the point where I realize exactly how limited my current set up is and justify buying a nice lens or two in the future. There is no point for me to spend without really realizing the capabilities I have here before me. I guess "My Style" will come out by itself I have always assumed.

I will be heading to SF in a bit to capture some more pics. Thanks again.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post

I will be heading to SF in a bit to capture some more pics. Thanks again.
          Awesome! Great stuff to shoot there! We look foward to the pics.
          And yeah, wheww .. a ladder does come in handy .. alot! lol! For alotta different reasons too!

Keep learning. That's what I love about it, the learning part .. it never ends.

Comment

Yes dude! That's what's up. Keep on practicing, and you'll see its really learning

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post

Keep learning. That's what I love about it, the learning part .. it never ends.
              the only way photography will ever be worth it.. if u knew everything it would grow boring very quickly.

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

a few photos i shot today with the 24L at 1.4 just for the hell of it. i wouldnt recommend shooting that wide open most of the time haha.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                  the only way photography will ever be worth it.. if u knew everything it would grow boring very quickly.
                  ehh, true with most of what life has to offer, I suppose.
                  i wouldnt recommend shooting that wide open most of the time haha.
                  hahaa too funny .. that is a pretty shallow DOF .. nice lens tho man.

Comment

Nice shot...Jeez, I love her Z

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

a Sea Lion in Newport, Oregon shot with a Nikon l120 @ 30 feet.

Last edited by KpoweredCB7; 05-06-2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                        Nice shot...Jeez, I love her Z
                        generally my favorite car at all the local events. its so amazing in person. paint is like 10 feet deep.

The Chronicles.

Comment

His 370z isn't too shabby either

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Picked up another yongnuo 560 and some yongnuo wireless triggers.

Loving it so far.

I also adapted a Tamron 85-210 that was mean't for a Olympus.

Its ok, little soft for my liking, but its rather old and adapted.

Will make a good tripod mounted zoom lens.

Good backup etc.

Ill post some of my "testing" shots with the new triggers when I get a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Ill post some of my "testing" shots with the new triggers when I get a minute.
                              Dudez! It's been almost 6 hours .. waaasssss uuuup!

Hahaha, hope you're havin fun with those slaves .. great bang for the buck.

Comment

As promised, here are some shots.

The Nifty 50mm, f9 1/200 - Had a flash camera left at about 1/2 power and at an angle...and then I had a hot shoe mounted flash at full power straight on but softened. I need more batteries so I can throw in my 3rd flash LOL.

This is the Tamron for Oly 85-210.. This was just a single flash in a PITCH BLACK ROOM. The flash is behind the guitar obv and It was set on 1/2 power Iirc. 1/200 f4.5

This is another from the 85-210 Tamron for Olympus that is adapted. Its a cool zoom. I like the colors.

This is my new 55-250. This was 250mm, f5.6 and 1/160.

Enjoy!
                                Last edited by Ralphie; 05-13-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X