No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen solid "strut bars" for the RSX should be on their way today . The guy even threw a price at me that was a lot less than I was prepared to pay.

*ED. - my own photo:

The front's a normal strut tower bar, while the rear is more like a low C-pillar brace (I can do a cleaner install than this shot I found on Google, lol)...

I should still be able to fit my mountain bike back there without it sticking up obnoxiously high, too! Winning all over.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-07-2017, 03:49 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

New Daily: 2003 Honda Civic LX

I needed a new daily vehicle. I usually drive my 2005 Toyota Corolla daily but I just purchased this..only $6,500.00, originally from California, two owners, & only 40,000 miles. I love how stock it is haha. Hub caps & all!

Keep Pushing..

Comment

Here's my latest purchase and maybe the last thing I buy for a while.

It's a 2015 F-150 King Ranch. It has every single available option for this trim level aside from the 36-gallon gas tank. I got back to the house pretty late from the dealer, so I don't have any nice pictures. I'll post more tomorrow.

It's an EcoBoost twin turbo V6, and I'm seriously thinking about modifying it. At least an exhaust.

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've ridden in a newer Explorer and F-150, both EcoBoost models. I was genuinely surprised by how nice they are inside. The engine was pretty stout, too, of course.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Very nice!

I like what Ford is doing with the EB motors. That must have been close to a 60-70K truck new, huh?

Congrats on the purchase and I hope you get many years of use from it!

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              I've ridden in a newer Explorer and F-150, both EcoBoost models. I was genuinely surprised by how nice they are inside. The engine was pretty stout, too, of course.
              You're not kidding. We purchased this over a 2016 MDX. The MDX feels just a hair nicer on the inside with all of its gadgets, but not enough to outweigh the benefits of having a truck. My point is, this thing is nearly as "techy" on the inside as a newer MDX!

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
              Very nice!

I like what Ford is doing with the EB motors. That must have been close to a 60-70K truck new, huh?

Congrats on the purchase and I hope you get many years of use from it!
              Thanks! I hope to as well! They're redesigning the fronts for 2018, so we'll see what that does to the prices for the 2017s. Those have a 10-speed automatic, and it would be the only reason I would look for a different one.

The sticker on this one was $64K when it was new, but that's nowhere near what I paid for it. I didn't get the steal of the century, but I paid under what the rest of the comparable trucks were going for in DFW this weekend.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I remember a while back chessboxer reappeared and talked about his current Taurus SHO. Apparently he's putting down over 400whp with a few simple mods (it may just have been an ECU reflash... I need to see if I can find where he said it.) Those Ecoboost engines can make a boatload of power with just a little work. I still find it weird to replace a V8 in a pickup truck with a turbo V6, but whatever. Power is power.

Comment

^ Do you watch Fast N' Loud at all? They stuck one of those EcoBoost engines in a Pantera and built it up a bit. It was one of the most bad-ass swaps I've ever seen!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Never heard of it. That's pretty rad! Seems blasphemous in a Pantera, but I'm going to look for it anyway!

Speaking of blasphemy, I saw a Toyota I6 (1JZ or 2JZ) with a giant single turbo in the bay of a late 90s Mustang (the rounded body, after the boxy fox). Saw it at a car show yesterday. I'd have taken a picture, but the douchey kid owner and his friends were sitting on the fenders. I didn't feel like interacting. Still... it was an interesting thing to see!

Comment

I knew there are 2J swap kits available for the Fox Body, so I suppose it's not surprising if they were made for the SN95, too.

Note the TRD decal on the trunk:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/07/2jz_mustan/

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Nice! Now I guess it was less impressive, since there's a kit for it (I'm honestly amazed there is...) Granted, it was a cool surprise to walk by a car and see a JZ under the hood! (it had a Lexus valve cover... I know the N/A 2JZ is no good for boost, so I'm curious to know what exactly was done... yet not curious enough to interact with the kid.)

Comment

Back Yard Special front bumper for my 4 door integra.
                          ODBWeldingWerks
                          Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                            Wait a second... Do you know the Boosted Boiz by chance?!
                            Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            ^ Not personally, but I've seen enough of my local streets in their videos to believe they live in my town.
                            Uh... I just found out where they live. I missed a street I was supposed to turn on to get home from the next town over, and took a back way through some neighborhoods. Drove right by their house. They're about half a mile from me, if that. Their friend's new Nissan, with the NA SR20, stood out pretty well parked on the street. Small world; I've driven down that road so many times these past couple years.
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-01-2017, 07:27 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

New Toys!

Last week I picked up a couple of Seadoos off of a buddy of mine. They both "ran" but were not solid nor rideable. Paid $800 for the pair and the trailer, as well as a tube and knee board that came with them.

The uncovered one is a 95 Bombardier GTS, with a 590??cc 2 stroke. The covered one is a 98 GTI with a 780cc 2 stroke. The 98 had some electrical gremlins that I fixed for about 20 bucks and 5 mins of voltage testing, and 10-15 mins of wiring and soldering. The 95 would run but I found (by accident) that the motor was loose in the cradle, turns out 3 of the 4 bolts holding it to the cradle were gone.... a couple hours later and we got 4 bolts in it again! haha. Waiting for some warmer weather and then we get to go play in the water!

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Damn Ralphie. That's a shame. Those are the big problems to look out for. Pretty much the top 3! At least you found out before you bought it. That could've sucked.
                                Yea, thankfully we did find it before. We're still in the running though.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                                So dumb! Sorry to hear, sir. My friend (remember Dave with the CD5? he came to a couple meets) just went through a similar experience - found a beautiful little house, recently renovated and landscaped. After paying $600+ for the inspection they discovered multiple foundation cracks, tons of mold, and basically ALL ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING WAS LEFT NOT CONNECTED. Seriously, the house was entirely a "fascade" with literal garbage behind it. That $600 was money well spent in saving you years and thousands of future problems! Just super shitty when you get stuck with a miss. Onto the next one? Hopefully youll find one that's even a better match for you
                                Thank you! I don't recall Dave, but its a frustrating experience to say the least.

Some good news though. There is NO mold. The inspector put it in his report and verbally told me during the inspection but he has to to err on the side of caution. Turned out to be just discoloration of the wood, but we had a Mold company come out and they certified it as no existing mold anywhere in the house.

Had an electrician come out and check the electrical system and half the house is wired properly according to code for aluminum wiring. The other half is not, and there were some minor issues he said were not a big deal. She will most likely fix them.

They already fixed the leak in the garage area. We just have to make sure they provide the paperwork for it with whatever warranty from the contractor.

As far as treating for the termites/carpenter ants, she has to have a company come out and do that and she said she will do it.

Waiting to hear back from her to finalize that she will comit to fixing everything before we agree to pay a structural engineer to check those foundation cracks.

If the cracks are not devastating, then we will have it repaired by her and move forward. If it is too much of an issue, or she cannot or will not fix them, then we will walk.

So we're still in it!

Guess we'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X