No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added a 1997 FZJ80 Land Cruiser to my collection.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
      Added a 1997 FZJ80 Land Cruiser to my collection.

Drool.

I've been reading that the prices are starting to climb for those. Apparently the straight sixes also make a heck of a boost motor.

I'm assuming lift / armor / lockers?

Comment

Always loved those. Japan's answer to the Range Rover.

Comment

Some guys in Russia used that engine in a JZA80 Supra with an AWD drivetrain. The 2JZ is awesome, but I've always thought it was a little small in the displacement department.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
            Drool.

I've been reading that the prices are starting to climb for those. Apparently the straight sixes also make a heck of a boost motor.

I'm assuming lift / armor / lockers?
            Lift and rock sliders will probably happen next. The truck already comes with factory front, center and rear lockers. I was able to get this one for a decent price but it is pretty rough. Mechanically it's perfect but I'll need to redo the upholstery and maybe repaint the exterior at some point.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Always loved those. Japan's answer to the Range Rover.
            You know what they say. If you want to go into the jungle take a Range Rover. If you want to come out of the jungle use a Land Cruiser.
            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

A performance shop near me had one in recently that was brought out here from the Middle East. Made just shy of 700whp, but it was spinning the tires on the dyno.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I had a bunch of shit laying around the house, so I put it up on Facebook marketplace and sold all of it lol.

Was itching for a new guitar but did not want to spend a bunch of money so did some research and stumbled upon the Squier '51.

Basically its a strat body, tele neck, and the pickguard and plate from the '51 precision bass.

Its funky as hell.

My copy came the other day and it plays pretty good for a sub $200 guitar. One of the shafts on the tuning machines was bent so Instead of hassle with UPS, I bought a new one for $7. Should be here any day. After that, new strings(stockies suck) and a little fret adjustment and it should be good.

The pickups are great. One of the knobs is a three way pickup selector switch and the volume has push/pull to split the coils. You can honestly achieve about 5 different tones with this thing.
                Last edited by Ralphie; 03-06-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

haha, this shirt. Which has different material on the inside and is dam comfortable.
                  http://www.lechateau.com/style/jump/...Shirts/340919/

And a Samsung Fitbit 2. Love it! Only thing I wish I could do was modify quick replies via the watch. But love so many other things with it!

Comment

Been a while since I added to the collection. There were others in the GT series there, but despite me being a GT freak they weren't models I had to have. I'm trying not to go too crazy.

I'm self-conscious about walking into a Toys-R-Us for the better selection (these were at a grocery store), but I'm aching to see what they've got.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-09-2017, 01:47 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I got a Hobart MIG 140. Heaps better than that Lincoln 125 I had.

Comment

Bought another Desert Mist Metallic 1994 Vigor GS. Twins!
                        This one has 46k miles and no rust.
                        My current Vigor has 107k miles and tons of rust.

CC2 Vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                          I got a Hobart MIG 140. Heaps better than that Lincoln 125 I had.
                          The 140 boxes are nice, both Hobart and Lincoln.

IMO, the 180 would be the lowest that I would go for a wire feed for car hobby stuff. Yeah it might be 215/220v but for ease of use and range of stuff that it can do. It is well worth the extra cost of adding a 220v circuit and plug to your garage. Guess it all depends on where your electrical panel is though. Mine is in an unfinished utility room right next to my garage. Cost me materials and a case of beer.

Now I have my eye on a Lincoln Precision TIGŪ 225, bit pricey but I have used one over the past week and I like how it runs for HF aluminum.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

A pair of iPhone 7s. Ballin'! Ok, they were buy one get one free, and the silver one is my wife's. I miss the size of my old iPhone 4 (my latest 5S was already too big), but this 7 is pretty darn nice. Can't complain about 128gb, either! My very first home computer had a "massive" 4gb hard drive. My phone now has 32x that!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                              The 140 boxes are nice, both Hobart and Lincoln.

IMO, the 180 would be the lowest that I would go for a wire feed for car hobby stuff. Yeah it might be 215/220v but for ease of use and range of stuff that it can do. It is well worth the extra cost of adding a 220v circuit and plug to your garage. Guess it all depends on where your electrical panel is though. Mine is in an unfinished utility room right next to my garage. Cost me materials and a case of beer.

Now I have my eye on a Lincoln Precision TIGŪ 225, bit pricey but I have used one over the past week and I like how it runs for HF aluminum.

They make an aluminum spool gun for the 140. I want to try my hand at TIG. I don't have a garage sadly. Im making a drift trike right now with a 6.5hp Predator.

Comment

Still locating new OEM items these are fender well trim pieces for the CB7. From what I know they were the last new set of 4 available.

Also managed to find a replacement set of OEM fog lights for the 00EXV6 (sourced from Japan). Forgot they have glass lenses but unfortunately still vulnerable to rock chips that's why I purchased these.

The original OEMs on the 93SE have held up very well with no chips or cracks but these not so much. I'm guessing the glass thickness is thinner (cost cutting)?

Before I install these I'm trying to think of way to protect them. I may try to fabricate something slip-on made from clear or black vinyl. Ironically the wife works for a local tech company that sells and services 3D printers but doubt I could get access to model something custom which is too bad. This is when I miss the working at Intel and had suppliers who would do just about anything for me... oh well. May look into online resources to see what's out there and if it's cost effective.

My Collection:
                                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
                                X