No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamin-X! It is a soft film that absorbs impact. I wouldnt bother with it across my hood or bumper like they say but I think it is excellent for lenses.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Fog-Light-Film-Covers-s/1816.htm

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      Lamin-X! It is a soft film that absorbs impact. I wouldnt bother with it across my hood or bumper like they say but I think it is excellent for lenses.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Fog-Light-Film-Covers-s/1816.htm
      Thanks Mike... unfortunately while these are 12 mil transparent protective film which is significantly thicker than paint protection film (5 mil) they don't seem to offer them for my specific application.

I'll check Monday and see if they sell the material in bulk and perhaps I can cut it myself?
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I'm not 100% but any local automotive shop that deals with vinyl wrap or tinting should be able to set you up with a couple pieces of 12mil clear or smoke for your fogs.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          I'm not 100% but any local automotive shop that deals with vinyl wrap or tinting should be able to set you up with a couple pieces of 12mil clear or smoke for your fogs.

Thanks for that but looking again at Lamin-X site they do sell generic shapes and sizes and it appears my fogs are about 3.5" round which is a size and shape they carry. Since they're closed on weekends I'll verify with them on Monday...
          My Collection:
          93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
          00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
          04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I want to do Lamin-X on my CTS-V's headlights. After I polish them, of course.

Anyway, I just got these in the mail:

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              My very first home computer had a "massive" 4gb hard drive. My phone now has 32x that!
              My first home computer had 128K internal memory - 1984 Apple MacIntosh. I still have it - still works!
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                A performance shop near me had one in recently that was brought out here from the Middle East. Made just shy of 700whp, but it was spinning the tires on the dyno.
                Wait a second... Do you know the Boosted Boiz by chance?!
                That was in one of their videos a month or so ago!!!
                Last edited by GTRON; 04-07-2017, 11:40 PM.
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

^ Not personally, but I've seen enough of my local streets in their videos to believe they live in my town. Been watching them pretty much since they started. It makes me cringe a bit when they cheap out on stuff or cut corners, but generally I enjoy their show. I've been to PFI a few times, and they'll probably end up being the shop I go to for my H tune.

fleetw00d: Ah, the differences between old hardware and the modern day. Nothing's built to last anymore.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

PFI built this thing. the chassis is designed to flex and basically use the car from the A-pillars back as some sort of weird wheelie bar:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

^ Not personally, but I've seen enough of my local streets in their videos to believe they live in my town. Been watching them pretty much since they started. It makes me cringe a bit when they cheap out on stuff or cut corners, but generally I enjoy their show. I've been to PFI a few times, and they'll probably end up being the shop I go to for my H tune.

fleetw00d: Ah, the differences between old hardware and the modern day. Nothing's built to last anymore.
                      That's crazy! haha. What are the odds. I found their channel and have enjoyed some of their stuff. I totally agree though, seems like every time they go street race something blows up. But it's kinda cool to see them boost everything.
                      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

PFI built this thing. the chassis is designed to flex and basically use the car from the A-pillars back as some sort of weird wheelie bar:

What in the world LOL. Looks like they know what they're doing at PFI, haha.

Of course, the next recommended youtube video is boostedboiz.
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

That's probably just your tailored recommendations; for me it lead into IDRC Street Tuner Mayhem at the local Bandimere Speedway drag stip where that Civic sometimes attends.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This isn't CB7 related, but I'm slowly doing some cosmetic things to my 97' LS400.

I found a pretty mint 97' Coach Edition LS400 in the JY the other day and grabbed as much as I could off it: Shift knob, console lid, steering wheel, rear bench seats, rubber intake coupler, new Toyota air filter, and RF knuckle since I had a bad bearing on mine. Unfortunately someone beat me to the mint condition fronts. It was a Minnesota car w/ less than 95k miles on it. It even had a new PS pump and Alternator, but when I went back the next day, the PS pump was gone. I might go back for the driveshaft rubber bushings this weekend since they were also good and mine are cracking.

But anyway, the cool part I found out are that the emblems are actually different as well. They're this Champagne silver color for the front grill and rear trunk, along with the Coach emblem being unique instead of a chrome or the definitely 90s gold chrome.

Luckily there was an old guy across the row taking apart a Jaguar XK8 who had a ton of trim tools and I was able to delicately remove them from the trunk lid without damage. Be careful when removing since all the emblems have two pegs behind them for locating and positioning on the trunk lid.

Here are some pics of the install on my LS:

Wrecked near mint Coach Ed. LS:

Emblems off the car

Armrest in PERFECT shape

Birch wood and leather shift knob...also found in 98-00 LS400s

Also the rear perforated Coach leather seat bottom

Grabbed the 6 disc CD sleeve and cassette with 4 religious CDs in it lol

Getting ready to put them on

Chrome on left, Coach Edition Champagne silver on right, kinda cracked my LEXUS badge upon removal

This residue took about an hour to remove for all the emblems

Getting ready to remove the 3M molding tape I painstakingly cut the night before

New center emblem

Tried it without the Coach Emblem first

Accidentally applied too much heat towards the glue to make it tacky....ugh I'm leaving it on

To give you an idea of how pristine this car was, here is the carpet I almost bought, the driver floorwell area UNDER the mat was completely spot free
                            Last edited by Losiracer2; 04-08-2017, 06:36 AM.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Surprised that Lexus wasnt rotted being from Minnesota lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                                Surprised that Lexus wasnt rotted being from Minnesota lol.
                                This car probably was a "snowbird's" car. Or a car that the people live in Minnesota, but are too chicken to tough out the winter so they drive down in the winter months and live in AZ from October until May.

Probably why it only has 95k on it for being 20 yrs old, and judging by the religious CDs I found, they were most likely old as dirt.

I'm actually thinking about going back and getting all the rear end parts for it: UCA, LCA, strut rod links, etc. Its a baby compared to my near 300k car

member's ride thread
                                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                                91 Accord SE 176k
                                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                                X