Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
    I'm always weary of posting serial numbers so I always try to cut them out or take the pics from farther away to make them un-readable.

Brass knuckles? You must mean those two brass colored belt buckles. Are they illeagal everywhere? I had no idea.
    Yeah illegal everywhere pretty sure. If you ever see them they'll almost always be sold as "paperweights" or belt buckles.

The Facebook group

Comment

Originally posted by ninethreecoupe View Post
      Yeah illegal everywhere pretty sure. If you ever see them they'll almost always be sold as "paperweights" or belt buckles.
      I'm pretty sure they are as well. I can see why.

EDIT... This is where I got mine from. The style I have is Renegade. In gold because that's all they had when I ordered.

http://www.brass-knuckles-shop.com/
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-20-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Figured I would get the Long Branch No 4 MK I .303 out for you guys. Cleaned it up a bit first as I'm embarrassed as to the dust on some if my firearms. This one has a lot of sentimental value to me. It has had some work done over the years. The barrel is shortened for one.

It shoots straight as can be and just as reliable. I love this rifle.

Comment

That is a nice rifle you got there. I have always wondered if engine enamel would do well for refinishing the metal.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
            That is a nice rifle you got there. I have always wondered if engine enamel would do well for refinishing the metal.
            Apparently not well after a long time. I think my father did that when he was younger than I am now (24). He's turning 50 in March.

Comment

I would hate to be hit with one of these things.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ultimate-bullet/

Comment

I read somewhere that those rounds were not as effective as once thought when they first came out. Not to mention the ridiculous price. Around $50 a box iirc.

My arm brace came today for the m92

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I read somewhere that those rounds were not as effective as once thought when they first came out. Not to mention the ridiculous price. Around $50 a box iirc.

My arm brace came today for the m92

Hell yes, I need one now and like four AR ones.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

It's better than I expected. Gives a good lop for me. You can get extension tubes also if it's not long enough. Only problem now is my holographic sits so damn high I can't get a good cheek weld. It would be perfect for iron sights but my rear is missing and I haven't been able to find a replacement.

Looking into a primary arms micro dot or something similar to replace the crappy holographic.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Not to mention you would have some explaining to do if you got caught with them. Not that they are illegal but stuff like that just looks bad on the owner. I would bet that would be painful as hell to be shot with though. Being shot period would hurt but having one of those removed would be worse I'd imagine. The more you moved with it still in the wound the more you would bleed I would guess.

I know the US Marshals who ride in airliners have some wild rounds as well that are designed not to puncture the walls of the aircraft thus killing everyone on board. No idea what they look like but I know they exist.

EDIT... Air Marshals. That's what they are called. Couldn't think of it until now.
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-01-2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Probably something like a pre-fragmented round. I have some in .40. I've heard a lot of special agencies are carrying .357sig now. Looks like an interesting round, I'd like to try one out one day.

I've heard the argument before " oh you have so and so rounds and this an that on your pistol you must have been just looking to shoot someone" but that would be hard to argue in court IMO. You buy rounds like that and performance pieces for firearms to maximize effectiveness and minimize collateral damage. I carry Barnes tac xp in my .40 everyday. It's a super deep hollow point and they expand very well. I would really hate for the day to come where I need to defend myself, and my round goes in and out and hits an innocent bystander.

I do wonder about feeding reliability of those rip rounds. I imagine they would be ok on a fully ramped barrel. But on say a 1911 style where the ramp is split between the frame and barrel, you would think the little points might get caught up in the space.
                        Last edited by bassrock234; 11-01-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Probably something like a pre-fragmented round. I have some in .40.

I've heard the argument before " oh you have so and so rounds and this an that on your pistol you must have been just looking to shoot someone" but that would be hard to argue in court IMO. You buy rounds like that and performance pieces for firearms to maximize effectiveness and minimize collateral damage. I carry Barnes tac xp in my .40 everyday. It's a super deep hollow point and they expand very well. I would really hate for the day to come where I need to defend myself, and my round goes in and out and hits an innocent bystander.
                          I have heard the same. I think it's bullshit as well but anymore even though it's crap and we all know it I still wouldn't trust it not to be used against me in court.

What an attorney stated about that very round:

As my experience testifying in court cases has shown me, the LAST thing you want to carry in your gun is any ammunition that can be demonized by a prosecutor. And if I were a A.S.A, I would like nothing more than be able to show the jury a picture of the defendant's ammunition that looks like a Klingon Warship (not to mention the comments on the website calling the bullet "devastating"). Be smart - carry standard defensive hollow-points labeled as "Personal Protection" or "Self-Defense" from major manufacturers, ideally as similar to what police carry as possible. Having "sinister" ammo doesn't necessarily guarantee a conviction, but it does give credence to the prosecutor's likely contention that the defendant was not a "faultless victim," but instead a predator, just hoping to get a chance to try out his "needlessly deadly" ammunition. Be smart.

I also use hollow points for the same reason. With proper placement it will stop in the person it hits and not hit any innocent bystanders.

Comment

Have any of you guys heard/seen the "civil defense" rounds from Liberty Ammo? I have a box of the 78gr +p for my 1911. They seem like they pack a mean punch but I don't know how I can fully trust a bullet that light with that deep of a cavity to get deep penetration. Seems like it's designed to fragment more than anything.

Comment

It's better than I expected. Gives a good lop for me. You can get extension tubes also if it's not long enough. Only problem now is my holographic sits so damn high I can't get a good cheek weld. It would be perfect for iron sights but my rear is missing and I haven't been able to find a replacement.

Looking into a primary arms micro dot or something similar to replace the crappy holographic.
                              I can vouch for the primary arms red dots, they are legit for the price. The bushnell ones are also good if you can find them for around 70 bucks.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                                Have any of you guys heard/seen the "civil defense" rounds from Liberty Ammo? I have a box of the 78gr +p for my 1911. They seem like they pack a mean punch but I don't know how I can fully trust a bullet that light with that deep of a cavity to get deep penetration. Seems like it's designed to fragment more than anything.
                                I have seen them but know nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X