No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, nice, I have lots of family in PA, they're around Pittsburgh in a town called Erwin.

Are they illeagal because of barrel length? I read once that minimum length for barrels up there is around 20in vs. our 16 for rifles.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Nah, we have short barreled rifles and shotguns. They're banned because they're scary looking. AR's are restricted so you can't take them anywhere but to a gun smith or certified range. Tavors and mini-14's are non-restricted so you can take them anywhere.

dumb.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
        here's my new russian lady. Haven't found a whole lot about it other than I think it's an ex-dragoon, it has the rarer laminate stock and it has stamps ALL OVER IT. Seriously there's an arsenal stamp on almost every part. All numbers match too btw, except the bayonet of course.

Way better shape than mine.

Comment

yeah it's pretty nice. I'll probably leave it alone for the most part, I found a couple of the stamps and proofs online and it has some history to it. I'm going to polish the bolt a little tonight. Hopefully it'll get a bit smoother, kinda rough now.

An m44 just went up for sale in a city next to me. Guy wants $400 with a spam can of ammo, to bad i'm broke.
          Last edited by bassrock234; 12-28-2014, 10:49 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
            yeah it's pretty nice. I'll probably leave it alone for the most part, I found a couple of the stamps and proofs online and it has some history to it. I'm going to polish the bolt a little tonight. Hopefully it'll get a bit smoother, kinda rough now.

An m44 just went up for sale in a city next to me. Guy wants $400 with a spam can of ammo, to bad i'm broke.

Why so expensive? M44's should go for 50-60 more than a regular mosin.
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Whats the history on the stamps? Sounds interesting.

My Ishapore 2A1 has a few stamps on it I need to look up.

Comment

Prices run a bit high around here usually. A spam can runs around $130 I think. He's including the bayonet but nothing else. Still a little high. I paid $400 for the sks I had, it was a norinco but nothing special and no bayonet.

The stamps I found a lot on 7.62x54r.net. There a bunch of pictures of known stamps with a description there. Mine is stamped MO on the barrel which means it was issued to Russian defense ministry security forces. Not military but close, think of it like our secret service. It also has a 00 stamp which I found is an accuracy verification. Not quite sure if that means it's more accurate than others or if it's something all similar mosins had. There's also what I think are polish stamps on it which may be when it was updated with new sights.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMarks.htm

That's where I found many of the marks on mine. There's another section for stock markings and others as well.
                Last edited by bassrock234; 12-29-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Guess it's time to stock up on .223/5.56...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...mon-ar-15-ammo

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...afety-n1957622

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post

I have a litte over 1k rounds of 556. I dont know if this will happen but you know the prices are going up bc of this attempt.

Comment

Well I was considering getting an HK pattern 5.56/.223 rifle again after I get the BMW driving, but looks like I will have to hold off.
                      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

They're only going after the green tip 556. M855 I think. I'm sure prices on it will skyrocket but regular ole 223/556 will probably stay about the same as it is now (not that it's cheap to shoot anyway).

But since they're going after these so called "AP" rounds I guess I need to stock up on some silver tip 7.62x54r.

Comment

I wonder if they sell green tip projectiles... That'd be a cheaper option to stock up on.
                          My Car
                          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I bet you can. I've seen some local reloaders talking about them.

On the subject of cored rounds I got a few plastic core 7.62x39 the other day. I had no idea such a thing existed but it's a steel jacket with a plastic core. A "less lethal" round I guess?

Comment

I have heard crazier. I had these hollow core 7.62x54r that had very little kick but were $0.05 a round so why not.
                              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Hey bassrock, I just recognized your sig.

I was googling for self help earlier and came across your ride thread on another site. I went through every single page and then BAM! It just really caught me off guard. I feel your pain.
                                Originally posted by cb7dazz
                                And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                ...for example

Comment

Working...
                                X