Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
    So for all the Smith & Wesson SD-VE owners... Apex Tactical is now making a trigger kit like the one for the M&P series pistol. It's not available yet but they are sending a handful out this week for beta testing. Im gonna be one of the testers so ill post my thoughts and feelings on it as soon as i get a few rounds through it. They estimate the kit will reduce the trigger pull about 1/2lb over their current spring kit so trigger pull will be roughly 6lbs.
    fack that awesome. i've been thinking my trigger has been on the heavy side.

as for my next purchase. i think i might buy me another SD40VE, but a black model. keep the black one with a light for home and the one with the silver slide as my EDC. then i'll buy a shotgun. or i'll buy the shotgun then the SD. lol. IDK!!!

Comment

My sd40ve is currently fully modified. Its got the Apex spring kit, traction grips, galloway stainless steel guide rod, truglo m&p sights, and a polished barrel. One of these days Im gonna do a little file work on the sear to shorten the reset but only after i get the new trigger kit installed and see if it changes it at all. This gun shoots like a dream already so any improvements i make are only gonna make it that much better.

Comment

My sd40ve is currently fully modified. Its got the Apex spring kit, traction grips, galloway stainless steel guide rod, truglo m&p sights, and a polished barrel. One of these days Im gonna do a little file work on the sear to shorten the reset but only after i get the new trigger kit installed and see if it changes it at all. This gun shoots like a dream already so any improvements i make are only gonna make it that much better.
        i have yet to delve into my SD. im not a gunsmith. bout all i know how to do is take it apart to clean it. lol. thats about it. ill take it to a shop for work. haha.

Comment

Honestly... There's like 2 pins that hold the trigger and sear assemblies together... And 1 pin in the slide for the extractor and sear block. If you can work on a Honda then you can work on a SD.

Comment

Honestly... There's like 2 pins that hold the trigger and sear assemblies together... And 1 pin in the slide for the extractor and sear block. If you can work on a Honda then you can work on a SD.
            lol. well ill look at some youtube vids to see how to do it. it would be nice to have a lighter trigger pull tho.

Comment

Apex has a video on their website showing how to install the spring kit... They completely tear the pistol down just to do it

Comment

not sure it's a super awesome idea to lighten a trigger on a firearm with no manual safety.
                My Car
                FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

The factory trigger pull is 8-9lbs... With the spring kit i currently have and the trigger kit ill be testing... The pull will be reduced to 5-5 1/2lbs which is still plenty stiff. The biggest job of the trigger kit is to reduce pre-travel and over travel. The guy who got my old m&p (which has no manual safety) has the apex spring and trigger kits installed on it which reduce pull to roughly 3 1/2lbs and after shooting it Im pretty confident that the 5lb pull ill have now will be perfect

Comment

Finally came through! About sevenish months? Cant wait to shoot it.

H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Awesome man. What caliber?

Comment

9mm fo sho

Comment

Put about 200 rounds through my Sig P238 today. That's a lot of loading when all I have is a 6 and 7 round mags. Trying to get the gun broken in still. So fair no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                            Put about 200 rounds through my Sig P238 today. That's a lot of loading when all I have is a 6 and 7 round mags. Trying to get the gun broken in still. So fair no problems.
                            I heard those are nice shooting, I should save and buy a p225 or 6.

Comment

so went to the range today. having fun. shot about 100 rounds thru my SD. had an issue. the rod just forward above the trigger started to come out. wtf?

shot a 9mm. OMG i want a 9mm now. lol. shot the Glock 17. fack. 18 round mag. might look into getting the XD-9 tho...nice feel. better feel than my SD for sure. nice weight. nice grip. grip feels more secure in my hands than the SD.

dont get me wrong. i still like my SD. but the XD does look nice....and its black. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                                so went to the range today. having fun. shot about 100 rounds thru my SD. had an issue. the rod just forward above the trigger started to come out. wtf?

shot a 9mm. OMG i want a 9mm now. lol. shot the Glock 17. fack. 18 round mag. might look into getting the XD-9 tho...nice feel. better feel than my SD for sure. nice weight. nice grip. grip feels more secure in my hands than the SD.

dont get me wrong. i still like my SD. but the XD does look nice....and its black. lol.
                                Are you referring to the pin that holds the trigger assembly together? Also... I might be getting a new apex spring kit as part of that product testing. If your interested we could maybe discuss a price.

Comment

Working...
                                X