Boston Marathon bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Actually, now that I read further... they know for sure who he is. I hadn't heard that they confirmed it yet, nor that they killed his brother (I haven't read the last page or so of this thread... I just read up on Ralphie's link just now)

What idiots. They set off the bombs, then they robbed a 7-11? How dumb could you get? Amateurs.

A shame... a boxer with what seems to be some skill, and a 2nd year medical student. 2 more potentially promising lives wasted.
    IMO, they dont fit the bill of a bomber or a killer. Boxer, eh maybe.
    So makes me wonder what really is going on. Cant wait to read this story.

Comment

Honestly, the med student is more likely to be a bomber than the boxer. Intelligence and education are more dangerous than raw aggression.
      Something tells me the stupid moves were the boxer's doing. Notice that the med student is the one alive and on the run still.

Comment

Definitely idiots.

I really fucking hope they don't kill him. I really want to know the motive behind the bombing.

They may be able to scavenge info from emails/computers/diaries but who knows.

Yea, basically a lot of shit happened last night.

If you click my link, it'll have the most up to date info.

Comment

Honestly, the med student is more likely to be a bomber than the boxer. Intelligence and education are more dangerous than raw aggression.
          Something tells me the stupid moves were the boxer's doing. Notice that the med student is the one alive and on the run still.
          Lol. Maybe he just got tired of Med school, Im sure thats stressful, depressing, and likley to drive you insane. Decided to make a name for himself, bombed a marathon during a training exercise. His brother was in on it, knew they were leaving soon. Decided to do something big, robbed a 7/11 and got killed doing it/after it. Is that how this story is going to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Definitely idiots.

I really fucking hope they don't kill him. I really want to know the motive behind the bombing.

They may be able to scavenge info from emails/computers/diaries but who knows.

Yea, basically a lot of shit happened last night.

If you click my link, it'll have the most up to date info.
            Agreed. It would also be good to catch him to find out if there was anyone else involved. They may have just been the trigger men. The guys who did the on-site detonation. They may not be the masterminds, or the bomb builders.

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
            Lol. Maybe he just got tired of Med school, Im sure thats stressful, depressing, and likley to drive you insane. Decided to make a name for himself, bombed a marathon during a training exercise. His brother was in on it, knew they were leaving soon. Decided to do something big, robbed a 7/11 and got killed doing it/after it. Is that how this story is going to go?
            You never know... it's sad. Sometimes people just snap.
            The bad thing is, they're from Chechnya. Chechnya is primarily Muslim. This seems to me to be an isolated incident. Not an act of Muslim extremist terrorism. Yet that is how people are going to view it.
            (think about it... if there was a message behind this bombing, someone would've stepped forward to claim responsibility.)

Comment

The bad thing is, they're from Chechnya. Chechnya is primarily Muslim. This seems to me to be an isolated incident. Not an act of Muslim extremist terrorism. Yet that is how people are going to view it.
              (think about it... if there was a message behind this bombing, someone would've stepped forward to claim responsibility.)
              Thats the last thing we need. There is a % of the population who think Muslims are right hand of satin and need to be shot on the spot. So, this is not helping their image at all. But you cant blame a whole group of people because two idiots just snapped. Its also really close to Russia. Which I know Russia doesnt want to start shit with us.

Comment

Chechnya is full of crazy extreme people. So is Armenia.

A lifetime ago, when I made less desireable decisions with my life I learned quickly just how serious people from this part of the world are.

I don't mean to stereotype, but the conflict/problems in Chechnya have been CRAZY. One time the terrorists there held an entire movie theatre hostage, and hundreds of people were killed.

Another time they held some 300+ people hostage and killed everyone. Something like 165 children were murdered. Read up on it. The extremeists from there are banana's.

Being that they were in the middle east after 9-11 and then migrated to America-who knows what they are/were up to. Could very well be sleeper cell or lone wolf scenario. I mean, we didn't catch them prior to this happening, so what if that is why they did what they did.

Med school student, no way he's a terrorist.

Lol, yeah right. Maybe they were productive people so that authorities wouldn't pay attention, and that approach worked. 10 years later, BOOM.

Who knows. I hope they get this guy alive and torture some damn answers out of him.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...error-18996029

Story talking about Chechnya/that region and terrorism.
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Gawker found his Tweeter acct.
                    Taken from the day of the bombing.

@J_tsar
                    Ain't no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people
                    7:04 PM - 15 Apr 2013

http://gawker.com/5995065/is-this-th...witter-account

Comment

Exactly what I'm talking about. The day we discover the origin of the bombers, some asshole journalist goes and digs up evidence on how Chechnya is a "terrorist breeding ground". You have to get to page 2 for the blatant ties to Islam, though.
                      At least he said "There was no immediate information of their links, if any, to any insurgent group."... but everything else in the article suggests otherwise.

This MAY have Muslim terrorist ties, but nothing about it suggests so at the moment. For people to start pointing fingers at an entire nation, an entire culture, an entire religion, based on the origin of these two men is a sign of pure ignorance, spawned by irresponsible journalism.
                      Why? Because when a bomb goes off these days, Americans want to point to the first guy praying to the East.

Chechnya may have its problems... and maybe more than most... but that doesn't mean we're a target. Creative journalism could make the midwestern American militia groups out to be a sign that we're amassing an army in secret to go invade... I dunno... whoever they want to say we're invading. Canada? Yeah, we're preparing to invade Canada.

Comment

I dunno.
                        Im having a hard time believing that this kid killed a bunch of people.
                        From everything I am reading, he liked blunts and money. Hell he even owned a older C Class Mercedes.
                        If it was him, I want to hear it from him. Because right now, I see no reason why he would kill a bunch of people.
                        Somethings not adding up in my mind.

Comment

He was at the scene, as we saw in photos. He did rob a 7-11, while his brother fired shots at cops with a bomb strapped to his chest. The kid did drive off in a stolen CRV.
                          So yeah, he's not exactly the picture of innocence.

Also, I was thinking... "second year med student"... not at 19. 19, even "pre-med" is essentially doing the same level of education you'd get at a community college. All the bullshit reading, writing, math, and science classes that all the other kids are taking. 'med student' my ass.

Comment

He was at the scene, as we saw in photos. He did rob a 7-11, while his brother fired shots at cops with a bomb strapped to his chest. The kid did drive off in a stolen CRV.
                            So yeah, he's not exactly the picture of innocence.
                            Havent read any of that yet lol.
                            Im going to sit here and read for the next hour or so. I dont have cable or internet at home at the moment. I am getting all of our bills in line so we can get the cars fixed, and internet turned back on. My gf just started working again. So, Im going to just read...

Comment

Exactly what I'm talking about. The day we discover the origin of the bombers, some asshole journalist goes and digs up evidence on how Chechnya is a "terrorist breeding ground". You have to get to page 2 for the blatant ties to Islam, though.
                              At least he said "There was no immediate information of their links, if any, to any insurgent group."... but everything else in the article suggests otherwise.

This MAY have Muslim terrorist ties, but nothing about it suggests so at the moment. For people to start pointing fingers at an entire nation, an entire culture, an entire religion, based on the origin of these two men is a sign of pure ignorance, spawned by irresponsible journalism.
                              Why? Because when a bomb goes off these days, Americans want to point to the first guy praying to the East.

Chechnya may have its problems... and maybe more than most... but that doesn't mean we're a target. Creative journalism could make the midwestern American militia groups out to be a sign that we're amassing an army in secret to go invade... I dunno... whoever they want to say we're invading. Canada? Yeah, we're preparing to invade Canada.

Yeah I don't think we are ready for Obama to go to the scene and declare war on Chechnya or anything like Bush did.

I'm just saying that people in America have no idea how fucking crazy people are over there. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were tied in. I also wouldn't be surprised if they acted alone and are just "crazy" people from Chechnya.

The attack and ensuing behavior is pretty much on par with the kind of crazy that happens over there daily. Probably not related to some other group wanting to attack America, but at this point who knows.

The elements are there. That much is true.

The thing is, we have foiled basically every attack that has been plotted for a while now. This one is different.

Maybe its because at first glance, these guys did a good job of "fitting in" and waited long enough that nobody was looking anymore. I think if there really are "Lone wolfs" in America, this is the year that they are going to become active. We are getting ready to leave the conflict in the Middle east, and they feel like they won.

Stuff like this, if it is related, is to show us that 12 years later nothing has changed.

Comment

Things change... but all people don't.

You can go into the deep south of the US, and find people that would be far more suited to life in the 1830s.

It's very possible that they were influenced by the craziness of Chechnya. Most likely the older brother more than the younger. The younger was pursuing a very "american" lifestyle. The older brother's identity was one based on violence. Acceptable, organized violence... but violence. Not an academic, but a fighter. A fighter from a violent land can have some very violent ideals.
                                Hell, the dude may have been at a bar the night before and simply had an argument with someone about the marathon, and decided "I'm going to blow you up!" Who knows.

Hopefully if we catch this little weenie, we'll find out!

Comment

Working...
                                X