Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating my next car (to replace the Fit.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about cb7 with an h22 5-speed and sunroof .

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Out of the three I would most certainly go with the s2000 even an ap1 it in my opinion is the top contender of them all in every way power, handling, reliability, looks, and a drivers car that with confidence can just maintain and continue to beat on without worry.

I've drove a miata even rode in a 260 whp boosted 1st gen and while it was awesome, stock wasn't my cup of tea I didn't like the way the engine felt it felt disconnected though they handle well it left me asking for more.

It's not our money or choice, but I highly suggest you drive all three. I even like a 1st gen mr2 yes 80s styling and all over a 1st gen miata you can luck up and find a sc 1st gen mr2 here and there but I had fun in a non sc one.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yeah, driving each contender is going to be the final deciding factor. I like getting feedback an opinions, though. And some of the other suggestions were very good. Even if I'm not considering other options, it's nice to put things into perspective. Ruling out the other things suggested was actually very helpful in making me more confident that one of these three is what I want!

I do love the MR2 in all years. The 1st and 2nd generations are awesome... and the 2nd generation is arguably the perfect low-cost MR sports car. However, it's VERY difficult to find one around here that's in good condition. Most are rusted, and many have been modified carelessly. I also wouldn't want to settle for one that wasn't turbo. It would just drive me nuts! Plus... while t-tops are cool, I think I want a real convertible.

The S2000 is most definitely the best overall performer. It is clearly in a totally different league than the Miata or MR2. The funny thing about the S2000 is that the 240hp is both a draw AND a deterrent. I'll be replacing my underpowered little Fit, and oddly enough, that car has taught me the fun of driving a slow car fast.
        Driving fast in a slow car is like being REALLY good at tee ball. You may not be doing anything impressive, but you're having a blast doing something simple... without having to work too hard for it!
        My CTS-V has taught me that fast cars are awesome... for about 2 seconds. Then you're breaking the law. I do truly love that car, but it's TOO fast.
        The S2000 is somewhere in between, I think. Definitely deserving of a test drive.

At the moment, I'm fascinated by two particular Miatas:
        1995 Miata M

1997 Miata M

I want the M cars because they're most likely to be collector's items. The plan would be to keep it bone stock. Restoration only. They also offer all the bells and whistles, like a torsen LSD, leather interior (the peanut butter brown is the only non-black/gray interior I actually like...), and there seem to be a number of them that are very well maintained for sale under $5000.

That $5000 price point is a big one as well. I've come to realize that my Fit is likely not going to get me more than $3000, and I may be taking a big pay cut when I find another job... so perhaps my $15,000 goal is a bit lofty. Especially since I'm also saving for a new house and a wedding!

Comment

The dark green one takes the cake for me. I don't think much restoration will be needed there, just keep it in the shade as best you can on sunny days. The S2000 is WAYYY more car in so many ways, seems like most of us agree on that, but you can't argue against a simple, affordable, practical, fun car for when you want to have something fun that will give you back what you put into it. It needs to be loved and you will love it.

Just make sure you fit, Deev; you seem pretty tall .
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Personally. Id go s2000. The miata just screams for a v8 swap. For me the s2000 is perfect as is and only needs slight tweaking with OEM mods.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Mike I understand you want and like that car but are you concerned for your safety as far as impact protection-wise? I mean sure the s2k is no serious contender but the miata is a bit small and getting hit in that well...the last thing we need on the forums is another slow-singing flower-bringing doing burn-outs in memory of session :knock on wood: ya-dig?

Comment

Wait, did a member of this forum die in the past, like from before I discovered this place a year ago?

sorry
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

you should just fix the brake line on the CTS-V then buy an S2k and outfit it with a supercharger....either comptech or kraftwerks. Done deal.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                    Wait, did a member of this forum die in the past, like from before I discovered this place a year ago?

sorry
                    Multiple members have passed away over the years. Most recently HybridKyle I believe. But he was on a bike if I remember correctly. Not sure of any members passing away due to a Miata or extremely lightweight car.
                    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

We've lost three members in the past, that I'm aware of. All tragic. Only one was automotive-related.

You have a point about safety, Mike. The NA Miata is going to be the worst of them, I'm sure. The S2000 and NC Miata, being the newest designs (and the largest cars), are likely the safest.
                      I don't plan on crashing it, though. And I won't be driving 400 miles a day like I do in the Fit! I'm going to be like the old people that drive Miatas, rather than the kids that want a race car. When I'm enjoying the car's handling ability, I plan on doing so within the speed limit, on clear roads. In a car that small and low to the ground, I'll feel like I'm flying at 35mph

IF I go with the Miata, that is. I'm leaning strongly that way right now, but nothing is set in stone. Still not out of my old job, so the Fit is still in play.

Comment

I am going to sell you on the Miata thing when I have time and can post from home.

My dude has had two now(first one was white and sick as hell but he was rear ended)

Sold it and now has a black one and its damn nice.

So I can highly recommend the Miata.

Comment

I'll take you test driving with me, Ralph

Comment

I am down with that.

It's hard sneaking out of the house with the baby haha but it's been too long.

Does your band have a fb page?

I need a way to track shows so I can see when there will be one I can attend. I need practice shooting bands in low light(not that I ever get the chance to do it, but I like keeping my skills moist HAHA)

Comment

Yeah. www.facebook.com/comradesaway. I just went to the band page to make sure I had the address right, and it said "invite friends" with your name at the top.
                              Also comradesaway.bandcamp.com

We have a show coming up in May in Atlantic City. It's the Elephants for Autism Music Festival. 3 days long. We play on Saturday, May 16th at 4pm.
                              https://www.facebook.com/events/364468087055007

Comment

Just get the sk2......
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X