Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating my next car (to replace the Fit.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that's not the case for me!

Honestly, my CB7 has been the most comfortable long-distance ride out of any car I've owned. The Fit is probably 2nd. Oddly enough, the Cadillac is not terribly comfortable!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Wow... I thought that was an old Z at first glance!
      That one was just a photoshop as you can probably tell, but they do make those hard tops. They're made so they are a part of the trunk, and the price tag is like $2,000 new. Not likely if it were me as I can get the car for $1,500, but it sure does look cool!

Comment

I hope that's not the case for me!

Honestly, my CB7 has been the most comfortable long-distance ride out of any car I've owned. The Fit is probably 2nd. Oddly enough, the Cadillac is not terribly comfortable!
        I think it's just me honestly.

The CB7 is very comfortable on long distances. It's quite surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          That one was just a photoshop as you can probably tell, but they do make those hard tops. They're made so they are a part of the trunk, and the price tag is like $2,000 new. Not likely if it were me as I can get the car for $1,500, but it sure does look cool!
          I think that's what I'd be looking at for an S2000 hard top! There's a top like that for the S2000 also, though I don't like it much on there.

Honestly, though... I'll be perfectly happy with a regular OEM hard top for a Miata

Comment

Oddly enough, the Cadillac is not terribly comfortable!
            Didn't Caddy start tuning at the Nurburgring with the first CTS-V? That'll do it.

Autokonexion Fastback hardtop & fender flares...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/05/...t-mazda-miata/

Makes it look like a mini TVR to my eye, but I like it. And, how did I forget about this:

http://enthusiastapparel.com/collect...ays-the-answer

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-28-2015, 10:50 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

If not too late, my recommendation for your next car would be to get a 3rd gen Prelude.

Seriously, second to none in intrinsic qualities (vision, driving position, agility, ease of steering, ergonomics etc).

Cannot stress enough how great these cars are.

Besides you can still upgrade it to with the H22.

It has that classic super car bonnet with a depressed centre, Ferrari or NSX looks (depending if it is the face lifted model or not) which is just Classic Super car design, impressions and silhouette.
              Rides:

Accord
              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I do like the 3rd gen Prelude... but I don't want another fixed-roof FWD Honda, nor do I really want another project car (though an old Miata will be a project to some extent, even if I buy one that was babied.)

If I were to get an older FWD Honda, I think I'd probably go with a Del Sol, honestly. I'm not really considering it, but it comes much closer to what I'm actually looking for than any other Honda save for the NSX-T and S2000. And the Beat, of course. If I could snag a Beat, I totally would! I don't care that it can't get out of its own way!

Comment

A beat? 40cuin 3 banger. That had me rolling for a second, just get the Miata sir, hahaha. I actually was looking at del sols on Craigslist and found abominations like this : http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4949325720.html

Why the hell would one put a damn ek front end on an eg based car? The eg civic front end looks good, but God damn kill that shit with fire.

Comment

I clicked the link and thought "what's wrong with that?"... until I saw the front.

Anyway, I'd totally rock a Beat! I have a fast car. I don't particularly need this new one to be fast. Just lightweight, open-topped, and sporty. The Beat may be a little short on the sporty side... but it has the rest covered!
                    The Miata still seems to be the best option. I've taken my time to digest everything and weigh each option carefully, and while I like MANY of the cars suggested, the Miata has everything I want, while remaining one of the cheapest and simplest options.

Comment

I have decided, if things work out for me, that when my wife is up for a new car, she will trade my Altima in and I will take her 09 CRV.

Then, when it is my turn to pick up a new car, as long as the CRV is still problem free and running good, I think I will just hold onto it(AWD, storage) and pick up an S2k for a weekend/track car.

I am DYING to mod something, but I also just want something to take out and hit the twisty's(and as DEEV can attest, Central NJ and definitely the pine barrens has em)

So the adult responsible thing to do would to be to pickup an S2k. All the fun I could ever want, in a package that is reliable and predictable.

So Deev-

FUCKING BUY THIS RIGHT NOW SINCE I CANT LMAO
                      http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...96576638&Log=0

I know I said the Miata was a good idea, and I still would back that.

But Scott sold me on it HAHAHAHA
                      Last edited by Ralphie; 04-10-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

That S2k is beautiful!

I'm still going Miata, largely because of the price now. I can get a Miata that's in OK condition for $3500 or so. Until I get a garage, I've decided there's just no point in getting a really nice car, since it'll be sitting out in the elements all the time anyway! Plus, I'm going back to school, which is taking a chunk of money out of pocket. So Miata it is!

S2000 might happen in the future, though. If I decide I want more power, it'd be cheaper to buy an S2000 than to upgrade a Miata to perform like one.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post

Why the hell would one put a damn ek front end on an eg based car? The eg civic front end looks good, but God damn kill that shit with fire.
                          In the early 2000's that was the thing to do. I can't tell you how many EK fronted Del Sols I saw over the years. I saw EG hatches with EK fronts, Integra front ends, etc etc. I actually have seen a Del Sol with an EK front that looked almost OEM.

Actually, here's a similar car.

There was a CD wagon running around my college campus with a 98-02 nose that again almost looked OEM.

Heck, this is a few towns over from me.

Obviously the level of execution has a lot to do with how it looks in the end.

Comment

I always kinda liked the CB front on the CA hatch.

Comment

I always kinda liked the CB front on the CA hatch.
                              I forget if we ever ended up going to Town Spa for dinner when you were up, but that car is sitting in the bodyshop next door. I remember pointing it out to you once, but I forget why we were in that area.

Comment

I don't think so. I actually don't even recall you pointing it out! Then again, I'm getting senile in my old age...

Comment

Working...
                                X