Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating my next car (to replace the Fit.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFTs are quite heavy, though. You'd think that added unsprung weight (especially on today's larger wheels, putting the weight even further from the hub) would be even worse for fuel economy than a donut!

My CTS-V has a full spare. Not a donut. Not a steel wheel. A 5th Italian-made Speedline wheel At least they got that part right!

Comment

The 1st TT it's very good car with a good engine !

In a germans cars you have BMW e93.
      With the 3.0 turbo it's amazing ! : Angry:

But the price ?

The SLK g2 always actual design.

(AMG series)

my favorite car actualy :
      2.0 turbo 275HP or v6 3.8...

Comment

I like the Genesis, but it seemed to fall flat in many comparison tests. Apparently it was better on paper than in real life! I'm hoping Hyundai releases a significantly better car to follow it (as it is, the Genesis Coupe was a HUGE improvement over the Tiburon that it replaced!)

I love German cars, and I've actually considered an older M3 or SLK (new is WAY too expensive for me at the moment...) Even the TT is interesting, though it would have to be AWD (FWD and based on the New Beetle is just unacceptable!) European cars, especially premium German brands, are a major risk. Repair prices are pretty crazy!

Comment

I agree before the restiling but after there many points of progress !

http://www.vroom.be/fr/essai-auto/hy...enes-de-combat

Google translate is my friend. : P

Comment

The strange thing is that when I'm drunk, I can actually understand more French than I should be able to!
            Not really sure how they're comparing the Genesis to the BRZ, given the significant weight difference. The BRZ is certainly underpowered, but the Genesis is far heavier. It's basically doing what the S2000 did, only with an extra 400+ lbs! It's a valiant first effort, and definitely not a bad looking car, but it missed the mark, IMO. For the price, or less, the Nissan 350Z is probably a better option. Neither is particularly appealing to me, however.

My primary goal for this car is for a 2 seat, open top, rear-wheel-drive car. Power isn't as important, as I have over 400hp in my Cadillac CTS-V.

I've been considering older MR2s now as well... just in case I can't find my Miata.

Comment

Ligth ? ... is right.: D

Comment

Definitely! Far too expensive, sadly.

The Lotus Elise was my original plan, but the prices seem to have stabilized higher than I'm willing or able to comfortably afford. They seem to be holding steady at $25,000 or more. I was hoping to find one for about $15,000 (Toyota engines in them... high mileage isn't that much of an issue!)

Comment

Anybody remember the k1 attack based off of our chassis?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The Porsche Boxster S it's a good option for 15'000$ !

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ter+s&_sacat=0

Comment

^ German = expensive maintenance. He's put down that option already.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      Anybody remember the k1 attack based off of our chassis?
                      Saw one in person @ Denver Concours 2013

Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The K1 Attack is still FWD, isn't it? It looks cool, and I like that it's based on the CB... but I dunno. I do plan on getting a kit car in the future, but it'll likely be a Factory Five 33 Hotrod

I had considered the Boxster, actually. Great little cars, but they come with Porsche repair bills. And they're quite heavy. I think if it were between a Boxster and an S2000, it would be S2000 hands down. Even though I do like the prestige and performance history that comes with a Porsche!

I'm also considering a 996 (WAY in the future...) That won't be for quite some time, however. I'd pick a 996 because they're the unloved 911. Still cool and capable, but shunned by purists, and outclassed by newer models. That means they're relatively cheap compared to other 911 models!

Comment

I think I'd look at the 964 before I looked at the 996. I know the 996 has the IMS issue, which is well known and the fixes are also well known.

It always bothered me that the 911 and Boxster basically shared front end sheetmetal during that generation. I recall most of the auto mags during that era saying it was difficult to justify going up from the Boxster to the 911. The 911 was better, but it wasn't the price differential better.

Comment

Even today, there doesn't seem to be much difference in performance. They probably keep the power at a certain level to keep the Boxster/Cayman in the 911's shadow. If I had the money for a new 911... I'd see the Cayman next to it at the dealer and buy that instead, simply because it looks better and I could never leave a car stock anyway.

The problem with owning a Porsche, though, is that I would imagine it being a world of "you get a Boxster because you can't afford a 911," "you get a Carrera because you can't afford a Turbo," "Turbo instead of a GT3," and so on. I imagine an infinitely elitist kind of ownership.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The new Cayman GTS and Boxster Spyder are juste fantastics !

"you get a Boxster because you can't afford a 911"
                              It's less right now, Porsche has build a pretty product range .

Comment

And a classic car for 16.000$ ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=141637879796

Comment

Working...
                                X