Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating my next car (to replace the Fit.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though the blue del sol is a great example, the ek fenders just don't line up with the eg body lines. And I'm not putting down front end swaps, just the one I posted

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Though the blue del sol is a great example, the ek fenders just don't line up with the eg body lines. And I'm not putting down front end swaps, just the one I posted
      Totally don't disagree with you, there are very few that I've seen that I liked, just responding to your who would do this...it was actually a pretty big crazy what doesn't feel like too long ago (though...it probably actually is. :facepalm

...the realization I've been on this board for over 10 years, and only 3 of it did I actually own an Accord.

Comment

It's crazy how time flies eh?

And I missed the good years too

Well the Miata is great!

I've always had a sweet spot for the S2k. Ever since I saw one in person at the dealership where my dad worked. The top was down and it was just gorgeous.

Then I actually attended the unveiling of the CR model at the NY Auto show in 2007.

Honda doesn't always get it right, and they do some things that make NO sense.

But lawd when they get it right, it's just great.

Comment

I dug up the photos from 2007-

Excuse my shitty photography skills and horrible WB.

Comment

I saw a young guy in a CR at Wawa a couple years ago!

Now THAT'S the S2000 to have, given the rarity of it. Of course, it looks so "boy racer" I prefer the look of the base model!

I read a magazine article about the CR when it came out, and they immediately put it up against 300+hp turbo cars. It made the poor S2000 look SO slow! It's sad, because it's an extremely capable car. It's just not going to be as fast as an Evo.

Comment

HA!

I have never seen one in person besides that floor model.

Id much rather have the base models. It was most weight reduction and enhanced steering/suspension.

One of the things they did to reduce weight was ex the spare. All there is is a tire inflation kit with a pump and fill bottle.

If you experience a blow out, you have to get towed, whereas with every other S2k you can just pop a spare on and go home.

If you really need weight reduced in an S2k, id suspect youd be stripping it good and would not be to concerned with blowouts as youd be at the track.

Comment

For a car that isn't a daily driver, I don't really see not having a spare as overly detrimental.

I don't have a spare in the STi since I'm not running an OEM tire size anymore. In all reality, with the sensitivity of the AWD system, running a spare that is the correct size with tires that have been worn due to normal driving can be damaging to the components. I'd rather have AAA tow my car to my house and then deal with the tire situation on my own time/terms. I don't want to have to make a snap decision on replacing tires.

Heck, while I have the correct spare tire for the Tacoma for my spring-fall tires, I don't have the right size for the winter. That being said, I can limp home if I had a flat by putting the larger tire on the front end, but I'm not typically that far from home in the winter anyways.

Comment

I suppose that's true.

I guess I was thinking in my terms. Id be running OEM size on one if I had it.

Id rather just swap a spare then hope that tire sealer is going to work. There is a size limit on the tire puncture. My luck it would be an 1/8 too big and Id be fucking stranded haha.

Comment

Oh, absolutely.

That's why a AAA membership is worth its weight in gold sometimes.

Comment

I've driven around in the Fit with two full spares AND a donut!

Lina's Mini didn't come with a spare. Because of the supercharger, they relocated the battery to the back, where the spare would be. I get it for the S2000 CR, as that's not a car most people would buy as their sole method of transportation. But a Mini? Seems weird not to have a spare!

Comment

You should go ahead and get the Miata. When you eventually move on to an S2000 you'll appreciate it a lot more. There's always that clean S2000 for sale out in San Diego that you can pick up!
                        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          I've driven around in the Fit with two full spares AND a donut!

Lina's Mini didn't come with a spare. Because of the supercharger, they relocated the battery to the back, where the spare would be. I get it for the S2000 CR, as that's not a car most people would buy as their sole method of transportation. But a Mini? Seems weird not to have a spare!
                          I don't think any BMWs come with spares these days. Easy way for the manufacturer to save money without the consumer seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                            You should go ahead and get the Miata. When you eventually move on to an S2000 you'll appreciate it a lot more. There's always that clean S2000 for sale out in San Diego that you can pick up!
                            Indeed! I can't believe Jed is selling it for so little. Sure, it's not perfect... but I've seen higher mileage cars out my way going for as much as $15,000!

The S2000 is on a totally different level than the Miata. Bigger, heavier, thirstier, more expensive in practically every way. It's most certainly more of a premium car (and if it weren't for the throwback to the original Honda roadsters, it'd likely have worn an Acura badge in the US.) The Miata suits my needs best, I think. The S2000 may indeed be a worthwhile upgrade in the future.
                            Or an Elise. Or a 4C.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            I don't think any BMWs come with spares these days. Easy way for the manufacturer to save money without the consumer seeing it.
                            Makes sense. "Factory says I don't need a spare!" "The car comes with run-flats!" (the Mini came with run-flats... best way to kill the performance of an underpowered sporty car than to put heavy-ass run-flats on it!)

Comment

What do you guys think about the old Mercedes Benz SL roadsters?
                              This style, here:

This isn't so much a legitimate consideration, as it's a major deviation from what I'm looking for. It's heavy, it's automatic (not sure if any came manual... I'm only now researching them out of curiosity), and they're likely expensive to fix.
                              Still, they're classy looking cars, and they're made in the days when Mercedes Benz still made rock-solid vehicles, not the timebombs that they produce now.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? Again, not really a consideration, as I'm pretty much set on the Miata at this point (especially for my current sub-$5000 budget that I'm setting for myself.) This is more to satisfy curiosity than anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Indeed! I can't believe Jed is selling it for so little. Sure, it's not perfect... but I've seen higher mileage cars out my way going for as much as $15,000!

The S2000 is on a totally different level than the Miata. Bigger, heavier, thirstier, more expensive in practically every way. It's most certainly more of a premium car (and if it weren't for the throwback to the original Honda roadsters, it'd likely have worn an Acura badge in the US.) The Miata suits my needs best, I think. The S2000 may indeed be a worthwhile upgrade in the future.
                                Or an Elise. Or a 4C.

Makes sense. "Factory says I don't need a spare!" "The car comes with run-flats!" (the Mini came with run-flats... best way to kill the performance of an underpowered sporty car than to put heavy-ass run-flats on it!)
                                It's not quite what it seems. It saves weight too, which is becoming more important for MPG (especially since so many German buyers opted for a full size spare). And even though I hate them, the RFTs do work. They are just super expensive and ride like shit.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X