Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Toyota Pickup SR5 (4x4 V6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats crazy money for some oem parts on this car...

At least you manage to do everything yourself! I expect nothing but the best! hehe

Comment

treat the rust? lol most of what you see there is already bondo :P im going to give it a good washing before i mount them, but nope, definitely not going to be fixing the rust before covering over it. itll stay hidden for at least a few years... by then ill be looking for a new bed anyway (since its rusty in other spots too) it doesnt need to look perfect, but these flares will definitely hide some of the major visible flaws :P

i finished getting the brakes/axles/hubs/etc all apart. i now need:

2 new drums
      2 new wheel cylinders
      4 new brake shoes
      2 new brake lines
      1 wheel bearing
      4 u-bolts (had to cut mine off)
      2 bumpstops

stupid crap all broke during removal and like i said i had to cut the U bolts off (that was fun) so ill have to start lookign for all that stuff online.

at the very least, im finally done taking it apart (its taken me weeks) now i can start focuing on reassembling it ! ill have to take pictures of all my parts together before i install all of them.

i just cant wait to start driving it again... theres so many places i wish i could go, but i cant, by limit of my current vehicle and tire size

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

last night i got the gas tank installed.

heres all the parts:

heres the pump mounted to the new bracket:

and it assembled. nice and clean compared to how horribly rusty the old one was...

and like i said i finished completely disassembling the rear suspension minus the leaf springs. you can see the shiny new tank in there...

tonight i ordered all of the parts that i need to finish putting this rear axle back together, which includes: everything listed above (new brake drums, shoes, cylinders, lines, hardware kit, 2x wheel bearings, U-bolts, and bumpstops) as well as a new set of 24 lug nuts, and a 4 piece set of new Chrome center caps for my wheels (to match the lugs :P) i will get pictures of that when it all gets here.

...and all i was planning to do was just replacing the $50 axle housing. riiiiiiiight...
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-24-2011, 04:44 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

you do it right. That's for sure.

Now get bigger tires for the flares.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            Was that Justin? What a fucking guido!
            x2

Mike this truck is awesome. I love how you just "flared" over the rust. Fuck fixing it, lol. I like the clear lenses and those wheels make it look tough.

My uncle used to have an old Toyota truck like this. Damn near the same color too. Took HELLA good care of it too.

I think the next step, IMO, ditch that decal. While it does stand out and all that, it just looks....I dunno. It doesnt look it belongs.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

You crack me up Mike with all your projects. It's like you live to work on cars in your past time. Good job, I have always liked these trucks and the Tacomas. I never found them to accelerate quickly either, but they have very strong and stiff suspension and are very torquey for off-roading.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Nice looking truck. I have always liked the toyota pickups. Sucks to see the rust though... being from FL, I hardly know what that stuff is

I am just waiting to see some nice muddy pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by aero View Post
                  Nice looking truck. I have always liked the toyota pickups. Sucks to see the rust though... being from FL, I hardly know what that stuff is

I am just waiting to see some nice muddy pics though.
                  thanks brandon. to be honest i dont mind the rust so much, sure it makes for a pain in disassembling but all the more reason to just replace everything brand new :P

i finished putting it together friday after work. took it out into these muddy trail fields and got it COVERED in mud!!! it was at night in the middle of a crazy lightning storm, so i couldnt get any good pictures. when i was done i took it to the carwash to get it all cleaned off so i can install the fender flares against clean fenders. i actually have the front 2 installed, about to go outside right now and finish the backs.

and then im going BACK TO THOSE TRAILS lol they are mud & stone paths through the woods around a flooded reservoir... trails clearly designed for ATVs because i was dragging tree branches across the sides of the truck :X thats part of the reason i dont care about the rust/beat body... i plan to beat it more.

oh and the muffler fell off back there! lol i tossed it into the woods.... time to track down a new catback.

expect pics tonight or tomorrow!

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

oh and the muffler fell off back there! lol i tossed it into the woods.... time to track down a new catback.
                    hahaha
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

so i said i would post pictures. 56k good luck, but heres a bunch.

fresh brake parts

ready to install

hmmmmm i definitely need something to serve as an upper u-bolt centering plate. I only have 1 original bumpstop.......

so here are the bumpstops i ended up using. the one on the right is the original part (which i only have 1 of) so i got a pair of stock Tundra bumpstops (free!) heres a comparison:

they are ALMOST the same overall dimensions just a different end shape, but the Tundra has a 3.5" rear axle while my pickup has a 3", so i had to fold the ends up to fit snugly on the u-bolts...

rear brakes installed...

new line

good to go! you can also see the new gas tank.

i also got the bushwacker fender flares installed, they sit nice and flush and snugly on all corners and they hide all of the rust that i was hoping for. really cleans up the exterior!

before

after!

they stick out just enough

i also installed the new centercaps (that for some reason say EAGLE ALLOYS even though the picture showed a blank cap...) and new lugnuts. really make the wheels look a lot cleaner than they are...

before

after
                      Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

and then i took the truck out into this local area that has miles of empty land as you see that has a bunch of ATV and dirt bike trails and stuff, its really awesome. thats where my muffler fell off, once i got the fender flares installed i went back out there to take pictures.

on the way in...

you can see the small bump strip on the left for dirt bikers, i passed a family, a guy and 3 young kids.

oops

cool...

dammit!!!

gone...

oops

it got kind of dirty...

...so i gave it a bath. after going through dozens of these (and getting severely lost) enough water finally got in to make the truck stall out. i opened up the distributor cap & airbox and went and explored on foot (ie, tried to find the way out) and then ended up losing where the truck was!!!!!!! it was quite an adventure, its a very long story though... finally found my way back to the truck (following my tracks in the mud) and by then everything was dried out enough and it started right up. by then it was getting dark so i drove back home.

even after driving in tons of those puddles/pools and also in the rain, still kinda muddy...

it took those trails like a champ, unfortunately i dont have any pictures of the better parts that i was driving through, as they were getting more and more difficult with more interesting terrain, with numerous rocks and deep/tight trails. unfortunately the pictures above really diminish their appearance but by the time they were getting much more fun, i had no more power steering (leak? well see) and i was more interested in navigation than taking pictures, and i had no copilot. next time!!!
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

I hate you. That is all.

Hate hate hate.

Ps. I wonder if your pump just overheated.

Comment

must be nice to be able to just go off road at anytime. i know its fun my friend took me out in his huge 2500 chevy one day and muddin was a fun adventure
                            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

that truck is awesome man ... ive allways wanted one....

any new updates?
                              Blake.
                              1994 Accord Part out!
                              Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

this is awesome man, i love your truck. i also got a 4x4 tacoma as a daily, its a 99 standard cab short bed with the 4cyl and auto, and i love it. its no CB, but its awesome for a completely different reason. as soon as i pay my parents back for it, i'll be doing some stuff to it so it can take some good trails, but til then it has to stay stock

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                                X