No announcement yet.

KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSM's are fairly reliable.......especially for a turbocharged engine.

If you're going to get a DSM, be sure to get a 6 bolt 4G63....more robust, and heads flow better.
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

yeah I'm not sure what "happened"...he comes off as a guy who...wants to work on cars but doesn't know anything...but works on them anyway...yet his "working on cars" doesn't include doing basic maintenance...a lot of misdiagnoses...and has A LOT of bad "luck" as a result...so I'm sure it was something they did (or didn't do) to the car.

Ok sorry...back on topic
      Great job on the car KeelesKustome!!
      ____

Comment

Thats just like my friends car he used to have...This is his...he traded it... it even had the evo turbo too! it was hawt!

He traded for this built HB that runs 11.00sec

Last edited by CisForCB7; 01-21-2008, 07:17 AM.
        My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

Originally posted by CisForCB7
          Thats just like my friends car he used to have...This is his...he traded it... it even had the evo turbo too! it was hawt!

images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_46f77f3724e83d158b2f38ce346681ad.jpg[/IMG]

i wish the cb sunroof would go back like that but back on topic i want to see more pics
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
            thats a sunroof, the cb's have moonroofs.

moonroofs are much nicer in theory.

I am down with the flew. so pictures will have to wait... i need to work on it some anyways.
            aww that sucks bro get better aight hah work on what? yeah I know making it's keeles' car right... still clean though.

and tha tred one is baaad too. Don't make me to like keele and ditch the 'cord! lol
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

not ditching it, just moving on to a better setup power plant for that mean turbo ride I've always wanted.

I am still stayin true to my accords, i love em what can i say,, when this one sells I'll begin workin on my other one.
              Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-28-2008, 11:57 PM.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

sucks dude, not sure if you can get it there but see if you can get or have someone get this stuff called 'EmergenC'-packets of 1000mg vitamin C. Will kick all kinds of stuff take one every hour till you kick it then once a day or more if you think you are getting sick, awesome stuff.

hmm like the de-badging idea, honestly though I do like the rear center reflector matching the rest of the lights, it's part of what makes the eclipse the eclipse! But more power to ya!
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

how does the auto tranny hold up to that boost? I was just wondering.
                  my 91 cb7
                  Originally posted by 4doorfury
                  I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. DSM transmissions aren't known to be the greatest things in the world, and that's a LOT of power through an auto AWD system! Have there been any upgrades to it at all, or is it really holding all that through the stock stuff? Any additional trans fluid cooler, or synthetic fluid being used?

Comment

yes.
                      I will be adding and using redline Racing fluids, i will have pics and details as they arrive.
                      As of now it's still all stock.
                      Thanx for bringing my attention to this deev.
                      Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

my brother have blown his 3rd tranny in his auto GS, thank god his Gs-t is a stick because I know with his look he would blow that tranny too if it was auto
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

You're gona have vacuum pulling against vacuum?

My advice to you is to not get a vacuum source from the intake manifold.

Here's something I drew a few weeks ago helping another member out

Its designed with an f22 in mind, but the concept is the same.

Have both valve cover ports on 1 hose, leading to the catch can. The other port on the catch can goes to the intake tube on the turbo.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                            i see what your doing but this will not work for my setup..
                            not as effiecent as i need it!...
                            it will work yes but the f22 and my motor are verry different..
                            I would send you to DSM link where there are 50 pages concerning this topic but you have to have the dsmlink ecu for tuning that you can only buy through them and in doing so gain access to all the people who have also bought it , in their forum they all have great knowledge on how to tune and setup the dsm motors correctly. that includes John shepard ,, and 1,000's more like him
                            no offense but i trust them more than i would a f22 setup.
                            tuning and positive crank pressure have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Why you brought up dsmlink I don't know.

Positive crankcase pressure is positive crankcase pressure. The point is to eliminate it. The DRAWING was designed with the f22 in mind, meaning the valve cover ports are in different locations than the dsm motors. The concept is the same for any turbo application.

You need vacuum to relieve positive crankcase pressure. The best way to go about it would be to get tap into the exhaust, but most people would rather tap into the intake of the turbo. The downside to doing it through the intake of the turbo is that the gases from the oil lower the knock limit of your fuel.

The setup you drew works, but there's so much going on and it's not needed. You're making it way too complicated.

And now that I look at it again, if that PCV is on the back of the block like it is for b and d series, then just vent it to atmosphere and copy the design I posted.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Auto is booboo......are you gonna do a swap?
                              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

werd, check valve/slash cut into exhaust from a baffled valve cover source.

I didnt wanna do that, so i drilled the valve cover, added 2 fittings behind the baffle, ran them to a catch can with some big rubber lines

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                                11.68 @ 127mph
                                417whp/375wtq
                                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                                X