KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I'll look stupid!

Most people DO think it's RWD... mainly because that would make more sense. A 3600lb car with 240hp and 280lb-ft stock is not very well suited to a FWD drivetrain! If the car was RWD, I would really love it. For now... I consider it my beater.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Were the cars that got 30mpg AWD or FWD? FWD I could definitely see, as MRX managed to get about 32mpg with his turbo F22 (driving mainly out of boost). I know most AWD cars get lousy gas mileage in stock form, let alone when they're making double the horsepower! I suppose tuning can help a good deal in that area, though. Still, the STi, which weighs only a little more than the AWD DSMs, makes 300hp, and is AWD turbo, only gets about 19-21mpg! .)
      yeah, they are identical to my setup, awd 1000 cc injectors evo3 and so on.. making around 400 whp at 30 mpg when not WOT. so lets pray i can master my tuning abilities.. We are going out today to perform an all day road tuning session.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

carbon creation makes this vis style c/f hood that i will be getting in the future

bad news to you deev and to all, mostly to me..

The redline atf has done something majorly wrong to my tranny... this is not good at all. it's overheating and now slipping. I am far from impressed.. now i have to buy $88 worth of AMSoil and flush the tranny and hope it's still salvageable... i dunno... i am frustrated by all means..

if i cannot get it to relive i have anotherone someone on a forum is gona sell me for $250 plus shipping..
        if i have to do this i will be purchasing these iteams from this site.
        tranny parts site

A/T boost controller..
        Vary shift firmness instantly with the turn of a dial! The A/T Boost Controller works by intercepting the signal between the TCU and transmission, thereby giving the driver the ability to select the shift quality that is appropriate for the given driving conditions. This 3 inch X 4 inch black box can be mounted in the cockpit or under the hood and provides the user with four different levels of shift feel. The A/T Boost Controller works in conjunction with a shift kit, a performance transmission or as a stand alone unit with no other modifications.

Price: $175

IPT Custom High-Stall Torque Converter For Mitsubishi / DSM. All years and models.

Increase performance and reduce ET by .5 to 1 full second over a stock converter. IPT is able to custom modify your converter to suit the characteristics of your vehicle. We now have converters in stock waiting to be configured and shipped out on a core exchange basis- no more downtime, no more waiting! Normal order to shipping time is less than 48 hours.

Price: $475

*NEW ITEM- CLICK HERE!!* IPT Reworked Valve Body w/ Translab Shift Kit (95-99 AWD and FWD Turbo and 90-99 V6 applications)

IPT now offers fully reconditioned valve bodies with a Translab performance shift kit, our improved design manual valve, and fully tested electronics installed. These valve bodies are available on a core exchange basis and are ready to install. Pan gasket and filter included.

Price: $495

LubeGard Additive (Black Bottle)

Reduces operating temperature, allowing transmissions to perform more efficiently
        Increases thermal & oxidative stability of ATF for stop & go driving, heavy loads & towing
        Reduces transmission wear, extends fluid & transmission life
        Maximizes over all transmission performance
        Helps reduce comeback & warranty problems for shops & mechanics
        Insures proper & smooth shifts
        Prevents clutch chatter & torque converter shudder
        Eliminates objectionable noise (squawks) during shifts
        Keeps valves free. Frees stuck valves in valve bodies
        Prevents hung governors
        Modifies harsh shifts & makes them quicker in duration
        Can be used with all ATFs: OEM, Synthetic or Mineral Oil Based
        Contains LXE (synthetic esters & synthetics)

Price: $12

and as of now i have a larger tranny cooler on it's way.

I know this stuff is pricey and i really don't wanna let go of all that money,, but the only good part is for the most part the tranny will be alot stronger and last for a verry long time. shifting how i always wanted it to.
        needless to say this is not what i wanted and i am pissed at redline right now. 1 of 2 things happend,, they sent me the wrong stuff or.... a freak nature accident a snake or some animal crawled up in my tranny and did this....
        i dunno i have alot of thinking to do.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

update:
          flushed the tranny again, and replaced with amsoil and so far everything is fine, we'll see after a 2 week trial period.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
            update:
            flushed the tranny again, and replaced with amsoil and so far everything is fine, we'll see after a 2 week trial period.
            This is great news. I hope all goes well.
            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

wow...sucks to hear man...I haven't heard anything bad about redline

hope it's just a fluke, have you contacted redline?

*note* googling...now...

*edit*
              didn't find anything but I didn't search very long.
              Last edited by bcjammerx; 03-02-2008, 04:37 PM.
              ____

Comment

yeah guys it sucked but day 2 still running fine.. crazzyness...
                I'm gona drive this normal for a while while building my other accord up, click here for car thread, *new*

and then when i have my other car up and running i'll have a second car to rely on to really start pushing this to it's limits, without worrying if it's gona blow.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

this big intercooler is causing heat problems that i am working on right now.

tonight i removed the cruise control and have to get a non cruise throttle cable for her. i cut the front bumper more open and hacked the reinforce ment so now the entire intercooler is getting air, as is alot more stuff.

this weekend i will be removing all the egr and evap canister and stuff... the cel will be thrown but i'll tell the comp not to search for it AND RECALIBRATE ANYTHING IF NESICARRY sorry bout the caps...

I have been blacking alot of stuff out. and have her running really strong, I'm gona be racing a buddy of mine who just got a wrx sti. this weekend we're gona go at it.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

just got to searching the website my boss bought the parts for this car,, quick link to slowboy racing the intercooler was $900 the dnp header was $600 thats crazzy... no tellin how much really was invested..
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

there have been a few guys on SQC that used redline, the 5spd guys had good luck with it, the auto guys not so much
                      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                      4.0L I-6 2WD
                      293k miles, still running strong.
                      Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

dude, it's like it didn't have the right consistancy for my tranny... a buddy of mine with an audi s4 highly modified, used it in his 6 spd and didn't like it either, and it smelt burnt when replaced... i was unaware of all this or i wouldn't ever have bought it.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

tonight just got done removing all the egr valve and charcole canister, etc.. all the emissions stuff... walked out and bam we had 8 inches of snow and ice... so i went to the local hang out plaza for 21/2 hrs doing donuts and flying around taking turns with all the trucks out their... i was the only car out all night, and i was getting places others couldn't even attempt lol... it was fun but the cops told us to stop..., i even went home got my wife and went back out. lol
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

yup 75 degrees 2 days ago and then last night heres my car about 20 min after i got back from going crazzy around town in the snow. and my igloo i built.

Last edited by KeeleDesign; 01-31-2012, 09:47 PM.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

make my snow pics look like a joke! lol
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome

knew it was gonna happen eventually. that sucks. dsm<honda

Comment

Working...
                                X