No announcement yet.

KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who wants to know.... the rest of the story..
    Last edited by KeeleDesign; 01-31-2012, 09:50 PM.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
      who wants to know.... the rest of the story..
      me, lol. wtf happend.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
        me, lol. wtf happend.
        x2
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

well it happened... i blew my first motor. my my boost controller hose came off my wastgate on the turbo and i goosed her, unknowing that,, and she spiked up to 40 psi on the stock block,, and shot out 2 rods a piston and the balance shaft 50 feet from my car....she had so much torque it tried to break my neck, i am so glad it didn't come through the car into me.
          it sucks,, and a replacment i have found is between $1200-$1600 that hurts the pocket book.

but.... it's not the end of the world and can be fixed..
          somehow in the whole situation, i haven't even slightly gotten mad..
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Eh, you understand modified cars. I'm sure you aren't foolish enough to expect them to last forever! When it breaks, it sucks... but you know why, you know what to do to try to prevent the same thing from happening in the future... and even though it'll cost you, you can now upgrade It'll be more "your" car now that you're replacing the engine

Are you going to do a stock replacement, or are you going to beef it up a bit?

Comment

thats no good. time to do a wicked build. Use it as an excuse to upgrade like i am lol
              1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
              4.0L I-6 2WD
              293k miles, still running strong.
              Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

I guess this is what makes an eclipse a eclipse. Make great power. But It doesn't last. Sorry to hear man.
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                  I guess this is what makes an eclipse a eclipse. Make great power. But It doesn't last. Sorry to hear man.
                  Actually, that's an extremely inaccurate statement... Not to mention the fact that the failure wasn't due to anything associated with Mitsubishi. A hose fell off the boost controller to the wastegate. He overboosted. Doubling the boost pressure will fry a Mitsubishi engine as easily as it would fry one from Toyota, Subaru, or even Porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Actually, that's an extremely inaccurate statement... Not to mention the fact that the failure wasn't due to anything associated with Mitsubishi. A hose fell off the boost controller to the wastegate. He overboosted. Doubling the boost pressure will fry a Mitsubishi engine as easily as it would fry one from Toyota, Subaru, or even Porsche.
                    I never liked mitsu, seem to breakdown every while.
                    wat?

Comment

Hondas break down every once and a while too...
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                        I never liked mitsu, seem to breakdown every while.
                        goodness...

ok she blew to bits beacuse she had way to much power. Any vehicle will do this. Trust me i love hondas,, but now i am really growing to like the dsm's they are verry strong thought out cars,,, from their break system to their water cooled turbos to the water cooled oil coolers...
                        designed for the soul purpose of being turboed, with a gateway to push double the power on stock parts without failure.i put like almost 5 times the power these motors were designed for.. not on purpose but it happened, and all good things do come to an end..
                        You can bet this time all hoses will have clamps or zipties..
                        rather the hose blew off, of i accidently nudged it off while i was working on my headers,, i am unsure, but it makes no difference.
                        I will have my beater accord running soon,, so the stress of getting my dd put back together is becoming minimal.
                        upgrading engine parts might happen, then it might not. we will see how money is,, i hate blowing tons of money on my cars, and i try not to at all cost,.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Yeah, cars are horrible investments.

You might as well go with a 6 bolt, especially if you're going to build it. The 7 bolt that you had didn't crankwalk no you, but you can't be sure a new one won't! The 6 bolt ones are old though, so rebuilding it at least back to stock specs would be wise.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that! Shit does happen, and it sucks.

If I didn't get my teg, I would have went with a dsm. They have been growing on me as well!
                            R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Don't polish it to a mirror finish... you'll want some roughness in there.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                                Don't polish it to a mirror finish... you'll want some roughness in there.
                                That's for intakes Deev. Too smooth and the gasoline beads up on the walls, which is bad. For the exhaust, you want as smooth as you can get.
                                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X