Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.. Nice to meet you Drew. Sad to hear the news... =[ Veronica's Heart is in great condition!

as for everyone else... I have found a new love... and her name is Sasha.

Bought From:
    CB7 Sleeper
    illestatus
    HondaFan81

My Ride:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2587592

Comment

ya no worries ill figure something out. good to actually start talking to all you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
        Sounds like somebody could use an F20A DOHC swap...engine, tranny, everything still in a CB shell...$1500...

Me and Mark were out ripping parts off my car and swapping a lot over on to his today. I'm sunburned, there was a lot of sweat, some alligator tears, and even a good amount of blood.

He took:
        Window Visors
        Rear drivers door
        SRI
        Drivers front caliper
        Polished face white letter clock
        Pioneer deck
        Grill w/ Mugen emblem
        Red "H" badge for rear

Mark also called dibs on the front lip, so that's sold.

Another friend took my 17" rims as well.

I've also sold my amber corners to a member on here and those are gone.

The car is going, slowly but surely.
        Not the mention the stereo and the cute little breather.

Bought From:
        CB7 Sleeper
        illestatus
        HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Originally posted by highendurance92 View Post
          ya no worries ill figure something out. good to actually start talking to all you guys.
          Its good to hear from ya, too. That 30 posts can be a pain. haha

but it helps weed out the weak. lol

Bought From:
          CB7 Sleeper
          illestatus
          HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

ya. im trying to find a cb but when it comes down to it i need a truck.

Comment

Drew, I know what you mean about a truck. I've had the need for one a few times with these car projects, but it's not practical for my commuter car.

Being I'm a HondaFan, I was thinking Ridgeline and did significant research on it, then the impracticality hit me. I put significant HWY miles and truck MPG kills. My wife already has a 4WD Element, it gets 23.5 MPG with HWY miles at best. Ridgeline is 17 CITY/22-23 MPG HWY as well, but you start hauling or towing and it drops from there. It is rated at 5000 lbs towing/1100 lbs hauling and at those maxes, I've heard of MPG dropping down to 9-10 MPG on related forums.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Ya gas is always a killer. It all really depends on what comes up be it a cb or a truck. i hate civics unless its one of them wagonvans!

Some stuff i noticed on my motor is it sounds backwords like airs coming out the manifold and coming in the exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
                  Well.. Nice to meet you Drew. Sad to hear the news... =[ Veronica's Heart is in great condition!

as for everyone else... I have found a new love... and her name is Sasha.
                  Veronica's heart is in AMAZING condition! You definitely love Sasha with that new intake don't you Mark!

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
                  Not the mention the stereo and the cute little breather.
                  Oh shiooot, I meant JVC deck, not Pioneer deck. And that cute little breather I did leave out.
                  R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                    Nice to hear something good is coming of it Kevin.

Yes, it would be nice if someone could put that completely refreshed engine/tranny swap to use. Would be such a waste not to. I want to see it live on.
                    If I don't sell the engine/transmission combo, I'll buy a Civic and put my motor in it. Bisimoto H2D/F2D Kits FTW!!! Then I'll sell the transmission.
                    Last edited by CB7 Sleeper; 05-24-2010, 02:02 PM.
                    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Okay ive got kinda awesome news. my dads considering an h series swap for me im just not sure if i wanna go 22 or 23 any opionons for the best na potential?

Comment

Assuming you go with a good condition, low mileage motor swap I'd go H22.

It has more compression, VTEC which is nice if you upgrade camshafts and still want DD driveability. Plus, if you get an H22 tranny to mate with it, that will enhance the package. Don't bother mating the F-series tranny to it. With the H22, you have more NA potential without need to get into stock block.

With either swap, plan on spending atleast $400 in misc. OEM replacement parts to prepare it for long term use before install.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-25-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Hey Kevin its looking like i can afford to pick up the engine and disc swap misc

and another question what will i need to do and get for the wagon rotor caliper setup? any suggestions would be nice seeing how i cant search the forum on my phone.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                          91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                          funds for swap:$000.00
                          Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                          Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Scott & Kevin, don't forget to coordinate with me on the F22a6 engine pickup, still at my place. What vehicle do you plan on using to get it?

If any of you on west-side (Nate, Mark, Scott) are interested in the 2.5" exhaust system I have, $40 and it's yours! Perhaps you can coordinate with Scott to have him bring it with engine?

Scott, if you are referring to a 90-97 wagon front brake setup (1" larger rotors), you need following:

Note: Wagon front brake setup remains hub-over-rotor (HOR). Assuming you have good hubs & wheel bearings, you will have to separate the components and reuse which will take some effort.

- wagon calipers
                            - wagon brake pads
                            - wagon caliper brackets
                            - wagon rotors

- hub & wheel bearing are same between 90-97 coupes, sedans & wagons

Comment

zonda's name is Ean, updated his info on MI Members first page. He is interested in our next meet as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post

If any of you on west-side (Nate, Mark, Scott) are interested in the 2.5" exhaust system I have, $40 and it's yours! Perhaps you can coordinate with Scott to have him bring it with engine?
                                [/COLOR]
                                How much should I expect to spend on a proper install?

Bought From:
                                CB7 Sleeper
                                illestatus
                                HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Working...
                                X