Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car jumped timing,i think i said that right. but i got a truck and seeing as how i got my motorcyle endorsment this past weekend im on the hunt for a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by highendurance92 View Post
      my car jumped timing,i think i said that right. but i got a truck and seeing as how i got my motorcyle endorsment this past weekend im on the hunt for a bike.
      interference engine? piston to valve contact?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
        Spotted today in Ann Arbor, MI:

Frost White, lowered more than 2 inches, only a very slight amount of rust on back panels, nice rims, large exhaust pipe coming out the back...

I honked at it from behind. The guy was so confused. He was trying to see if he knew me. No idea who he was, but wanted some way to say "Nice cb"
        It wasn't me....besides, you would have known by the sound....eh Brett?

Comment

Hey guys i might have a shot at getting a 92 ex coupe for 500 bucks and its a five speed

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
          91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
          funds for swap:$000.00
          Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
          Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
            Hey guys i might have a shot at getting a 92 ex coupe for 500 bucks and its a five speed
            So your spare F22a6 in future when built up will be a direct swap into that. Easy.

Those come with 4-wheel disc and ABS, make sure all that works and no ABS light is on. Otherwise you're talking expensive repair. Make sure the rear brakes are not seized either, sometimes them caliper bracket slide pins seize up, especially if not driven much.

Make sure electricals work, moonroof, etc.

Suspension and brake stuff you can fix, as long as there is no significant frame damage.

Comment

Boring Traffic made fun!

So I was on my way back from Lansing... and traffic was TERRIBLE!

So I was like GREAT! My trip will be like 2wice as long now... GREAT!

BUT! low and behold a civic crew of 6-8 merged onto the exit ahead of me! So I decided to see if they were cool or not. I pulled up next to the leader and he welcomed me on a little cruise! Not only that but an old fella in a Mini van joined in with us! and he was happily welcomed. hahah! We had a good time for about 45 min's and then they headed off to Holland... A fairly long trip was made short...

Just thought you would enjoy!

Bought From:
              CB7 Sleeper
              illestatus
              HondaFan81

My Ride:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2587592

Comment

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
                So I was on my way back from Lansing... and traffic was TERRIBLE!

So I was like GREAT! My trip will be like 2wice as long now... GREAT!

BUT! low and behold a civic crew of 6-8 merged onto the exit ahead of me! So I decided to see if they were cool or not. I pulled up next to the leader and he welcomed me on a little cruise! Not only that but an old fella in a Mini van joined in with us! and he was happily welcomed. hahah! We had a good time for about 45 min's and then they headed off to Holland... A fairly long trip was made short...

Just thought you would enjoy!
                My first instinct was to "like" this, but I realized that I wasn't on the right website.

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
                  My first instinct was to "like" this, but I realized that I wasn't on the right website.
                  Lol we been off the forum for a whiiile. Haha. If you're on FB Brett, why aren't you friends with me! Look up Kevin Clark!

Oh and guess what guys, my Lexus not only has a super bad ass secuirity system, but it now has lojack. Hahaha you can't even take a wheel off without the alarm going off. You have to do a few little trickz! Now my precious Lindsey will feel safe in my neighborhood. Yay!
                  R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

You all been way to quiet. This mean secret projects going on? What is up!?!?

When we get our 03 Element back from body shop, I'll be installing the new brake parts. Later, the new shocks. It is in shop due to a low speed rear end accident, if you did not catch that news. Basically will have a replacement tailgate (upper & lower), rear bumper assembly and paint.

Afterwards, hopefully more progress on my white project and the goal to drive it before winter.

I've decided to keep a low-profile on other's projects so I can concentrate on my own!.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Decided to stick with Sasha. I have exhausted all Del Sol owners in Michigan and surrounding states... and nothing is worth while. So heres my plan:

1- Keep this engine till its burning 2 quarts every 5,000 miles. After that do an engine swap and a possible manual conversion.

2- Fix my Quarter Panel. I am ripping out that bottom panel below my quarter panel and fixing it as well as the quarter panel itself (the right way this time! with power tools and everything! haha!) Lets hope it doesn't rain...

3- Pick up Kevin's Lip set up for front and rear (if still available). Sorry Cisco... I promised I would buy his. (even though yours is cheaper! lol)

4- Find some rims. (Theres a Surprise there! ) I don't plan on lowering it... Once I find my rims you will understand.

5- Start beefing up this 4 banger! (any suggestions would be much appreciated!)

6- Exhaust

Hows it sound Boys?

Bought From:
                      CB7 Sleeper
                      illestatus
                      HondaFan81

My Ride:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2587592

Comment

Mark,

If you have not invested much on your shell, I would seriously consider looking into a better condition shell WITH manual transaxle. This will save you a lot of time, money and you'll be happier in the end. It will require some time and research, but may pay off. Do not get impatient and settle for less, keep your standards when looking is key. It should have no or very minimal (easily repairable rust) and working manual transaxle. If engine and suspension need some repairs not a big deal, all that can be done.

Use your old car while working on the new. When this new car is driveable, you can sell the old and reimburse yourself some of the expenses.

Maybe you can swap in Kevin's F20A engine (minus A/T) into this shell. It would actually save you time and money to just take Kevin's engine with all maintenance items (fuel filter, radiator hoses, etc) and swap them in. If your better shell car or Sasha/original car has a good radiator, slap that into this car and be good to go.

Even if I considered refreshing you an F22ax engine with reconditioned cylinder head, new engine seals, bearings, piston rings, etc. It will probably cost just as much if not more than buying and swapping Kevin's engine in. Without A/T purchase, he'll probably let it go for $700-750.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-01-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

More info for your Mark....

There are many options you can consider. I naturally think toward the best outcome possible, but sometimes reality needs to set in. Yes, it would be nice to have a rust-free 90-93 Accord with better performance than stock.

However, the reality is many people want more performance and do not have their car long enough (before they are bored or want to move onto something newer). Therefore, one must question themself if it is even worth spending money on perfecting the shell? The real question is, how long to you really plan to have the car?

If this applies to you, it may be better to keep "Sasha" and get the suspension repaired and maybe upgraded. Then, focus on adding some performance. Maybe just buying Kevin's entire setup (engine and A/T) would satisfy you? He's A/T is in great shape.

Personally, I'm not a fan of doing auto-to-manual conversions and rather just purchase a shell with the appropriate setup before I start a project. Perhaps you can find a M/T CB7 and trade Sasha for an even break?

Those are my random ideas. PM me if you need any technical help.

Comment

I do not guarantee immediate availability, but am willing to consider Honda engine refresh/rebuilds for MI Members alone. This applies to engine work alone. I will not remove or install engine/tranny into vehicle, but may provide assistance.

PM me for details, if you are serious and have the finances to back up the project.

I will ask for 100% of part costs up front and labor expense near completion.
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-01-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I may have my 93 sold this weekend, we'll see how it goes.
                              Then im buyin a new ride.......sad to say though, its not a CB7
                              but its 98% rust free!

Comment

Atleast there will be some car diversity in this small crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X