This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
    How much should I expect to spend on a proper install?
    This custom 2.5" exhaust system includes:

2.5" piping before high-flow Catco converter, 18" Magnaflow resonator and OBX dual-tip SS muffler.

I would have exhaust shop weld flange on piping before converter, that will mate to your header properly. This way it is removeable at this point. This joint may require a reducer (2.5" pipe down to whatever).

It sounds more complicated than it is, exhaust shops or mechanic shop with welder will not have a problem. Once joint at header is completed, the rest will hang up via exhaust hangers like stock. Rubber hangers are still on this system.

This system sounds mean deep & mean, idling or WOT. It will allow engine to breathe better mid-high RPMs. There is some surface rust, but no holes or exhaust leaks.

Even with shop expense to install, this is a huge bargain and you'll end up saving overall. No brainer. These components were all bought new originally and entire exhaust was custom fit for CB7.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-28-2010, 09:48 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Check it out...
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...69#post2545969

What do you guys think?
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
        Check it out...
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...69#post2545969

What do you guys think?
        Well I think you're going to do what you want to do, seeing as project cars seem to consume your thinking.

But I guess it's worth a shot, though, to tell you what I think: save your money! Save as long as you can. Build up a good savings because fun life does NOT end when you get out into the working world. There's still plenty of value for recreational cash!

There's always going to be that next appealing cool car. If you pass this up, you'll find the Supra or 944 or Audi or CB7 or whatever that attracts attention a month down the road. If you can resist spending money now, you can count on that cheap project car, whatever the next offering may be, to always be available for you if you go to look for it.

Comment

I agree with Brett, save. That car will cause you more problems than any CB7 and cost way more to repair. You have proven to get around without your car, if you can do that longer and save, it would be better. It will also keep you out of trouble. I hate to say it, but you're your own worst enemy man. Make sound decisions, not impulsive ones and really think things through.

Once you're ready and really need a car, I think your Civic or Integra choices were more practical, reliable and not as expensive to repair. Swapping that already paid for engine/tranny combo would be nice and convenient. If not practical, then sell it and use that money for repairs on the replacement car.

I know you're an enthusiast, but these aren't matchbox collector cars you're buying, it's real-world, real problems and real money man.

Man, I keep thinking that if you had that CB7 still, you could be saving a lot of money for your future. That's why I put forth all that time and effort, to making it reliable as these cars can reward you with that, with a little TLC. I really think it all happened as a sign for you to slow down. It's like you're an addict with withdrawls man....you can't stay away. lol.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I Am In Need Of Calipers!

ok guys...

I need calipers... preferably Front Passengers Side... I wrote this here to see if anybody in Michigan has some on hand. I need 1 for sure Front Passengers Side. but preferably a match that are in good working order so i don't have wear on one side rather than the other...

Kevin and I ripped one off his car and sadly its not the one I need until I can get this braking problem done and over with i can't move on with my car.... "Safety First!"

Bought From:
            CB7 Sleeper
            illestatus
            HondaFan81

My Ride:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2587592

Comment

ok guys...

I need calipers... preferably Front Passengers Side... I wrote this here to see if anybody in Michigan has some on hand. I need 1 for sure Front Passengers Side. but preferably a match that are in good working order so i don't have wear on one side rather than the other...

Kevin and I ripped one off his car and sadly its not the one I need until I can get this braking problem done and over with i can't move on with my car.... "Safety First!"
              hey when i do my wagon swap your more than welcome to my calipers since i wont need them any more

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
              91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
              funds for swap:$000.00
              Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
              Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                It's like you're an addict with withdrawls man....you can't stay away. lol.
                That pretty much sums it up!

I decided against the Audi after the responses I got. I'm just gonna save for now and browse craigslist. I'd like to find a nice Acura Legend, preferably a coupe and it has to be a 3.2 V6.

Oh, and oddly enough, my license hasn't been taken away yet... It's been a couple weeks and no letter from the state yet? So, I'm a little curious about that one. They're supposed to mail me something and I'll have to mail my Drivers License/Restriction Paper back. Very odd...
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

ok guys...

I happen to have a parts car sitting in my yard!
                  WORKing nissin calipers
                  you can have both of them for $65

Comment

Hey Cisco when would be a good time to pick up the engine and to any one else i have a shaved valve cover i want to get rid of he any one needs one in in the process of finishing nates

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                    funds for swap:$000.00
                    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                    Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                      I happen to have a parts car sitting in my yard!
                      WORKing nissin calipers
                      you can have both of them for $65
                      Let me Check and see, I might have fixed the problem. I will have to see with some test driving time.

Hold on to them for me!

Bought From:
                      CB7 Sleeper
                      illestatus
                      HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Kevin,

Legend as an option, very nice. That or Civic and Integra are solid choices.

Scott,

Engine pick up information in your PM inbox.

Mark,

Good look on brake fix, definitely safety first.

Comment

Kevin,
                          sorry its taken so long for me to get back to you about the brakes. I do still need them but i ran into some problems and had to buy a new bass cab. so now im broke.....again. But i will let you know when i have the money again.

Comment

Its a sad sad day...

Sasha Started Spitting out Blue and Black Smoke... You know what that means...

Time to start looking for another ride... This ones a bit to rusted out to install new heart...

Bought From:
                            CB7 Sleeper
                            illestatus
                            HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Sasha Started Spitting out Blue and Black Smoke... You know what that means...

Time to start looking for another ride... This ones a bit to rusted out to install new heart...
                              Im selling my 10th ann edition, if you're interested
                              I plan on driving the family car until i come across a better CB

Comment

Spotted in Ann Arbor

Spotted today in Ann Arbor, MI:

Frost White, lowered more than 2 inches, only a very slight amount of rust on back panels, nice rims, large exhaust pipe coming out the back...

I honked at it from behind. The guy was so confused. He was trying to see if he knew me. No idea who he was, but wanted some way to say "Nice cb"

Comment

Working...
                                X