This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
    yea ill definately check it out. ill get it apart and post pics if i get it. i know ill do things like timing belt, water pump, etc. might as well throw some aftermarket stuff in it while its outta the cb. im thinking turbo cams, valves, springs, pistons and rods. We'll see what kindof cash flow i got comin in this winter. i may need a beater because i just threw the stock wheels on and shes sittin on the ground.
    PM'd you, crazy long but informational.

I get excited about projects, even for others if you can't tell. I'd like to see you get this implemented and driveable soon man. I think option # 1 for you is most realistic, especially considering you have an automatic. It does limit you. Are you getting an H23 auto with this deal?
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-19-2009, 10:34 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
      PM'd you, crazy long but informational.

I get excited about projects, even for others if you can't tell. I'd like to see you get this implemented and driveable soon man. I think option # 1 for you is most realistic, especially considering you have an automatic. It does limit you. Are you getting an H23 auto with this deal?
      im waiting fo this guy to email me back again, dont know if its a manual or not. but if it is, 5 speed swap ftw? lol. if the details on motor condition and such are a little scary, ill def get an h22 swap for a few hundred more.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

im waiting fo this guy to email me back again, dont know if its a manual or not. but if it is, 5 speed swap ftw? lol. if the details on motor condition and such are a little scary, ill def get an h22 swap for a few hundred more.
        Bear in mind the H23 is 9.8 compression ratio, more boost friendly and will be great off boost as well. Yea, I would always go through the motor internally before installing. The only time I don't, just do external checks is when I KNOW the buyer (trusted person) and they have personal history of the motor.

Comment

alrite, ill def ask as many questions i can before the purchase. and see if he'll let me take a few things apart first

Comment

alrite, ill def ask as many questions i can before the purchase. and see if he'll let me take a few things apart first
            If you intend to refresh the motor (new piston rings, engine bearings), then I would just make sure it spins freely. Key areas to inspect are crankshaft journals and camshaft journals for scoring, etc. Also, any if there any holes in the block, tranny, head, etc. (crazy stuff like that). If the cylinder bores still have the factory honing marks, that is a good indication.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
              If you intend to refresh the motor (new piston rings, engine bearings), then I would just make sure it spins freely. Key areas to inspect are crankshaft journals and camshaft journals for scoring, etc. Also, any if there any holes in the block, tranny, head, etc. (crazy stuff like that). If the cylinder bores still have the factory honing marks, that is a good indication.
              alrite thanks

Comment

shit u shouldve came and brought that nasty ek hatch. lol
                i dont kno about that. the hatch sits lower than the cb. last time i was up there in the summer there was a pretty rough stretch of 69 & 96.

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                yeah man if you would like to come to a meet your more than welcome

we just want to get a crew around that could help each other out
                you guys will have to let me kno when the next meet is. I'll keep snoopin around in here too watchin for dates. i'm sure there wont be much til spring rolls around tho.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

hey the mirrors look fantastic i love the two tone with my shit brown and the seattle silver i might actually keep that in mind for a paint job

oh and guess what my CB7 is now a 10th Anniversery lol

thanks cisco i will get new pics tomorrow

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                  91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                  funds for swap:$000.00
                  Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                  Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

and me for helping you put them on!!!!

like you said if i wouldnt have come over you wouldnt of had the drive to do it.

now we just gotta git that door on! so i can take the latch outta the old door to fix my door!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post

like you said if i wouldnt have come over you wouldnt of had the drive to do it.

now we just gotta git that door on! so i can take the latch outta the old door to fix my door!!!
                      Yeah that's going to be a job!

Comment

i love how you changed your sig scott. lol. thats funny. its ok though, if i had a family like you i wouldnt have the money i have to pay for all this. lol. i do work a whole lot though.

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                          hey the mirrors look fantastic i love the two tone with my shit brown and the seattle silver i might actually keep that in mind for a paint job

oh and guess what my CB7 is now a 10th Anniversery lol

thanks cisco i will get new pics tomorrow
                          No prob bro, glad I could help.

BTW, the power side mirrors were from a 91 Accord SE sedan with "solaris silver" exterior. I agree, this color is very nice when clean.

The "seattle silver" is more of a light gold color.

Yea, that's right the 10th anniversary emblem still on there eh...hahaha. Did you get the wiring and trunk cable all working too on trunk lid?
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-20-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I talked to Scott about the door, either remove the wiring harness in the new door and fish the old through it

OR

Do a VERY good job, solid soldering with heatshrink and electrical taping over it to protect...if splicing the wires together. You DO NOT want to have problems later, electrical problems SUCK! There is a lot of crap control through that large wire harness in the front driver door.

Remember to take a wood block/hammer and beat out that lower dent in door, it didn't look like it cracked the paint. It'll look very decent if you do, happy for ya!

Comment

i checked to see if everything was in good working order, and thank go that it is. i dont have a soldering iron to re-connect evrything. i told him we can just fish everything tho like we did with the trunk! itll be a long process but i like doing things the hard way! lol

Comment

i checked to see if everything was in good working order, and thank go that it is. i dont have a soldering iron to re-connect evrything. i told him we can just fish everything tho like we did with the trunk! itll be a long process but i like doing things the hard way! lol
                                Honestly, I would do the same, as that is the most reliable. I assume your current door wiring harness all works, if not, can be easily repaired in original form.

Great job on the trunk, way to go! I'm really happy for you guys and you should get your outside door handle fixed as a side benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X