This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
    yeah i figured thats what would happen, what about non vtec dohc?
    First, I wanted to clarify, VTEC with upgraded camshafts can be done, no problem and there is a lot of aftermarket support. Another thing to consider is, a few people on this forum with H22 VTEC aftermarket camshafts and valvetrain have had issues with premature valvetrain wear. That would concern me and I would look into upgrading rocker arms to Endyn or similar. Of course, that means more money. A cheaper option would be to get Type S camshafts and valvetrain as that is OEM goodness/quality.

Non-VTEC DOHC, just like our F22ax, but you have independent intake and exhaust camshafts. You can change camshaft timing independently from one another some advantages and some disadvantages. Ultimately, you'll have to keep one setting fixed and be happy with that, it doesn't change dynamically/as engine runs.

Honestly, most will come down to the tune in most cases and how well your parts work together.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

do you know any one with an h22 around here, i really want to see and feel the difference between N/A f22Ax and an H22 N/A.?.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
      91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
      funds for swap:$000.00
      Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
      Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

A couple Ohio CB7 members have H22 swaps. Maybe we'll meet up with them next year.

Comment

so i want to get a tap and dye set incase i need to replace any more studs any one have any reccomendations?

Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33

Comment

Scott,

I would concentrate on a metric set, if it is to be used for Honda vehicles. Get one from 6mm up to 14mm I'd say, that should take care of most/all situations.

Be aware that some metric fasteners on our vehicles like tranny housing screws are very fine, more fine than the industry standard. These have to be special ordered.

Comment

well thanks for the info, i see what i can find.

has any one seen my "will dis fit muh seebeeseven" thread you'll get a kick out of it

Comment

well thanks for the info, i see what i can find.

has any one seen my "will dis fit muh seebeeseven" thread you'll get a kick out of it
                link please? or at least tell me what section it is. BTW everybody this is Kevin (PAZZWORD JDM).

Cisco, I decided to tell them just to avoid some confusion later on. I'm not so worried about my stalker anymore. lol

MY SWAP IS COMING SOON! WOOT WOT! All details will be revealed in a thread at a later date. Spring looks promising.

Anything new with you guys? Nate, Scott, Brett?
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Pazzword JDM seems interested, linked him back to this thread, silly rabbit couldn't find it.
                  Cisco I just found this and I LOL'd.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                    link please? or at least tell me what section it is.
                    OMG I'm a retard Scott, it's YOUR thread. I didn't read your post closely enough.

I was asking for a link so I could save myself the search. Lol, damn my laziness.

Comment

hey kev can i borrow your lip so i can make me one

Comment

You don't want mine man, it's broken.

Slid into a curb, I might be getting the Xenon Mild kit though, if I do I'll let you make a mold or whatever so you can make one fo sho.

Comment

how broken is it?

is it fixable?

i would buy it if so

this spring i should be able to do minor body work and rust repair
                          Last edited by megarock15; 12-16-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

how broken is it?

is it fixable?

i would buy it if so
                            I'll post a pic when I get the chance. The snow makes me a little hesitant to even go outside and touch it right now. I do not like the snow, lol. It's scraped pretty bad, a little bent, and broken in one corner. If I manage to make it work I'll probably keep it, but if not, I'll let you know. How much would you want to pay?

EDIT: It's still attached to the car, kind of.

Comment

idk how much do want for it i was going to try and fab up a decent lip like yours with fiberglass or get one off ebay

does any one know were i can get some oem fogs?

is that a cb lip or a cd lip

oh and i just saw a wagon around town first one i have ever seen in BC

and whats the difference between a sedan and a coupe trunklid
                              Last edited by megarock15; 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

idk how much do want for it i was going to try and fab up a decent lip like yours with fiberglass or get one off ebay

does any one know were i can get some oem fogs?

is that a cb lip or a cd lip

oh and i just saw a wagon around town first one i have ever seen in BC

and whats the difference between a sedan and a coupe trunklid
                                It's a CB lip, but good luck trying to find another one. It took me forever to find this one. Every store online was out of stock, and finally this one popped up on ebay.

The CD lipis way more common, and it will work if you want to grab one off ebay or something.

For the OEM fogs, they pop up on ebay every now and again, I'd look there first.

Don't know the difference between the trunk lids though, I think it's the tail lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X