• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay for disco parties

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
    funds for swap:$000.00
    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
    Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
      Oh I didn't have to get out of the house to have fun. Last Friday we had a "Sexy 70's" Party at my house. There was all manner of fun to be had. We stocked the bar, bought strobe lights, a smoke machine, and even a disco ball! We played 70's dance music and rocked out. It was a blast.
      That does sound pretty fun!

Comment

So...In case you guys are wondering what I've been up to...I'm in the process of making teh Boxxy me wifey.

R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
          So...In case you guys are wondering what I've been up to...I'm in the process of making teh Boxxy me wifey.

What's a "boxxy"?

Comment

Okay so I just looked it up, and according to Urban Dictionary it has something to do with hyperactive young girls who inhabit 4chan and are worshiped by men in the same medium.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boxxy

Comment

Disturbing...how about we keep that stuff out of this thread.

How are Nate & Scott doing? What progress has been made lately?
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Kevin project update: Have cylinder head torqued down to the block and IM assy torqued to the head. Looking more like a full engine now. Will do more between today/tomorrow.

Next session will include installing camshafts, torquing caps down, routing Tbelt and adjusting valve lash. Once that is done, easy wrap up from there. Kevin will be bring his car this weekend, have to transfer some parts from that onto this engine (I like to use known-good working parts). Parts like his fuel injectors, fuel rail (USDM version, JDM is different), key engine sensors. Once engine is done, mate the newer tranny to it and all parts inbetween.

Finally, the most tedious part....old engine/tranny removal and installation of the newer stuff. Plus repairing his suspension while in there and fixing some lighting issues.

Keep an eye on Kevin's Member's Ride thread for photo updates I send him.

After all this, I have to make time for my project and wife's Element suspension/brake restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Kevin project update: Have cylinder head torqued down to the block and IM assy torqued to the head. Looking more like a full engine now. Will do more between today/tomorrow.

Next session will include installing camshafts, torquing caps down, routing Tbelt and adjusting valve lash. Once that is done, easy wrap up from there. Kevin will be bring his car this weekend, have to transfer some parts from that onto this engine (I like to use known-good working parts). Parts like his fuel injectors, fuel rail (USDM version, JDM is different), key engine sensors. Once engine is done, mate the newer tranny to it and all parts inbetween.

Finally, the most tedious part....old engine/tranny removal and installation of the newer stuff. Plus repairing his suspension while in there and fixing some lighting issues.

Keep an eye on Kevin's Member's Ride thread for photo updates I send him.

After all this, I have to make time for my project and wife's Element suspension/brake restoration.
                  I can't wait!!!

For this to be done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                    Disturbing...how about we keep that stuff out of this thread.

I'm in class right now uncontrollably laughing and trying to hold it back so everyone stops looking at me.

Comment

Well, the only thing ive done recently is replace the dizzy o-ring. Next week i might replace the oil pan gasket...?

Comment

Nate,

So after oil pan gasket, what other issues do you have to resolve?

Same question for Scott.

I'm curious to know what's involved for everyone to have their cars in good running condition. Maybe when everyone is to that point, then those that have money and time can talk performance mods. I know Brett can't with his life situation, which I respect, got to have your priorities straight!

Comment

I do believe that the only thing that i have left to do is the lower tube seals! And the rear main but its almost time for a new clutch so ill knock um out at the same time. Yeah, so after that im gonna save up to send the cyl. head off for reconditioning

Question, is there a difference between 90-91 coupe and sedan trunk lids?
                          Last edited by nate'sCB7; 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Does anybody know, if you get too many points, and your license gets suspended, does the cop cut it right when he issues you the ticket? Or is it after you pay the fine?

Comment

Nate,

I know that 92-93 coupe & sedan are different in trunk lids due to rear lights being different. The coupes wrap rear lights inward toward license plate area and sedans do not.

However for 90-91...coupe & sedan may be the same. I can check after work, since I have both types, both 91.

In regards to your engine work, I agree do the rear crank/main seal with clutch. I highly suggest upgrading clutch if you plan for any future performance engine upgrades and recommended Competition Clutch stage 1 or 2 depending on mods.

When you do the lower rocker arm O-rings, I would suggest replacing your camshaft seal, if it's leaking. You will also end up adjusting your valve lash at this point, as a result of the repair procedure. Let me know if you have questions.

Definitely use a torque wrench to tighten down the rocker arm assembly screws. It is critical and it is not one of them components to do by hand, even by experienced mechanics.

Comment

I'd like to nominate Kevin for the first ever MM Idiot Award.

Anyone protest?? First curbs, now tickets and worried about racking up points....all before his project is done and with a vehicle that is in need of suspension repair.

At this rate I'm even wondering if we'll have a vehicle to drop this project engine/tranny into.

Comment

Working...
                                X