This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
    not what im getting but yes they do have diff. gearing.
    F20A DOHC? Even though I'm not in Michigan, thought I'd guess, haha.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
      you win.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Beaver bastard, get out of here!! hahaha

Yea, I just seen your thread and found out your motor. Checked specs on it. I like that it has 9.5 CR and is rev friendly by design. Definitely throw camshafts in it and it'll scream. Neat motor, I'll be interested in a drive to see how that motor feels, never had personal experience. Of course you're going to squeeze the juice too...berry nice yes.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          Beaver , get out of here!! hahaha

Yea, I just seen your thread and found out your motor. Checked specs on it. I like that it has 9.5 CR and is rev friendly by design. Definitely throw camshafts in it and it'll scream. Neat motor, I'll be interested in a drive to see how that motor feels, never had personal experience. Of course you're going to squeeze the juice too...berry nice yes.
          yes sir. i like what i see with this motor. its not as common as the f22b/h23 swap, and its still in the accord family. ill definitely be throwing some cams in it, and getting a chipped p06 tuned to accomadate the nos. maybe even a bisi header-but thats in the far future. i bought my mounts polyurethane filled from fatboy1185. it should be a quick, fun DD. i was actually wondering if you could help me retard the timing for the nos once i get it cisco, since you have the gun and all. ill be going 75-100 shot. its gonna be a fun car when im done.

Comment

yes sir. i like what i see with this motor. its not as common as the f22b/h23 swap, and its still in the accord family. ill definitely be throwing some cams in it, and getting a chipped p06 tuned to accomadate the nos. maybe even a bisi header-but thats in the far future. i bought my mounts polyurethane filled from fatboy1185. it should be a quick, fun DD. i was actually wondering if you could help me retard the timing for the nos once i get it cisco, since you have the gun and all. ill be going 75-100 shot. its gonna be a fun car when im done.
            Your plan sounds good with performance camshafts and nitrous. Definitely get your SRI, bored TB would be nice and a F22a6 or H23 full IM setup. You already have a header a 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust would be nice. Hopefully you already have most of the supportive basic I/H/E mods, I think you did.

Kevin, the ignition timing at distributor should be set to 15 deg BTDC, as stock. You change the ignition timing elsewhere in the RPM range via dyno tuning/engine management. That is the proper way.

A chipped P06 ECU allows you're ECU to be programmable, but does nothing in itself for tuning. You need to have it dyno tuned with your engine performance mods all in place and need to get engine management software of some type.

Engine management software, you can go with Crome, Uberdata, ECtune, etc. Another option is Hondata. Honestly, I would go to your nearest REPUTABLE dyno tuner and go with their suggestion. Ultimately, you want to go with a setup they recommend and they are comfortable with to get the best bang for your buck.

Comment

Your plan sounds good with performance camshafts and nitrous. Definitely get your SRI, bored TB would be nice and a F22a6 or H23 full IM setup. You already have a header a 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust would be nice. Hopefully you already have most of the supportive basic I/H/E mods, I think you did.

Kevin, the ignition timing at distributor should be set to 15 deg BTDC, as stock. You change the ignition timing elsewhere in the RPM range via dyno tuning/engine management. That is the proper way.

A chipped P06 ECU allows you're ECU to be programmable, but does nothing in itself for tuning. You need to have it dyno tuned with your engine performance mods all in place and need to get engine management software of some type.

Engine management software, you can go with Crome, Uberdata, ECtune, etc. Another option is Hondata. Honestly, I would go to your nearest REPUTABLE dyno tuner and go with their suggestion. Ultimately, you want to go with a setup they recommend and they are comfortable with to get the best bang for your buck.
              yea, i have the I/H/E mods. The F20a has an F22b head so it already has the H23 IM. I'll be getting the p06 chipped and basemapped by speedinnovations.com for now. Eventually I'll tune with probably uberdata. I have some friends familier with ecu tuning. I'll most likely street tune it and dyno tune later in the future. I know this isn't all the right way to do it, but it will have to work for the time being. Once the cash starts flowing in in the summertime is when I'll be getting the things all tweaked the right way. It will be decent for what it is.

Comment

yea, i have the I/H/E mods. The F20a has an F22b head so it already has the H23 IM. I'll be getting the p06 chipped and basemapped by speedinnovations.com for now. Eventually I'll tune with probably uberdata. I have some friends familier with ecu tuning. I'll most likely street tune it and dyno tune later in the future. I know this isn't all the right way to do it, but it will have to work for the time being. Once the cash starts flowing in in the summertime is when I'll be getting the things all tweaked the right way. It will be decent for what it is.
                Yes, I'm aware of your swap motor head/IM combo. I did not know you were getting the IM too. Good deal.

I assume you will go through this motor and replace external engine seals, timing belt, water pump, leave balance shaft belt off. Check Tbelt tensioner pulley for smooth rotation, if not replace or reuse better condition one of your F22ax. I'd also replace all coolant hoses on the IM and IM gaskets or use grey silicone.

You don't want to install this motor swap and have stupid issues like coolant or vacuum hose leaks.

Adjust your valve lash, while in there inspect the valvetrain for anything abnormal or excessive wear. I'd lube the valvetrain area and rotate it before starting engine.

Remember to remove the ECU 10 amp fuse (underhood fuse box), then crank the motor (it will get no fuel or ignition) until you see the oil pressure light go off on the instrument panel. Then, reinstall 10 amp fuse and start engine. This will prime your motor with oil before engine start, otherwise you will run it dry and damage.
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-19-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

FYI...

Look at the "technical" section, I posted up a thread y'all might be interested in following. A job for my bro I'm working on, it'll give you some engine refresh insight.

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of your swap motor head/IM combo. I did not know you were getting the IM too. Good deal.

I assume you will go through this motor and replace external engine seals, timing belt, water pump, leave balance shaft belt off. Check Tbelt tensioner pulley for smooth rotation, if not replace or reuse better condition one of your F22ax. I'd also replace all coolant hoses on the IM and IM gaskets or use grey silicone.

You don't want to install this motor swap and have stupid issues like coolant or vacuum hose leaks.

Adjust your valve lash, while in there inspect the valvetrain for anything abnormal or excessive wear. I'd lube the valvetrain area and rotate it before starting engine.

Remember to remove the ECU 10 amp fuse (underhood fuse box), then crank the motor (it will get no fuel or ignition) until you see the oil pressure light go off on the instrument panel. Then, reinstall 10 amp fuse and start engine. This will prime your motor with oil before engine start, otherwise you will run it dry and damage.
                    ok thanks

Comment

FYI...

Look at the "technical" section, I posted up a thread y'all might be interested in following. A job for my bro I'm working on, it'll give you some engine refresh insight.
                      Cisco, you've been PM'd

Comment

I look forward to this spring for more meets. I'm interested in seeing everyone's progress. Also, more time for us to iron out issues and get everyone's cars running strong.

The way I look at it, some of us have cars that the body is not in the best shape. However, if we can get the engines running strong and cars handling well, that is what makes it fun to drive. It'll be cool to get to that point.

Comment

Kevin, email sent with details.

Comment

Kevin, email sent with details.
                            got it

Comment

Man, the work I'm doing on my bro's car is the most involved repair work I've done to date. I know what to do, just so tedious. Finally got the piston/rod assy removed last night and removed rings off pistons. Going to clean the piston ringlands and tops off tonight. Then, I'll measure the new ring end gaps in the cylinders and install them onto pistons, if all good. I have to reserve a full day for the ball-hone job, probably after Thanksgiving.

Comment

If anyone is looking to swap a reconditioned cylinder head or go turbo, look into this for sale thread - ARP F22/H23 head studs $60.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=148498

Comment

Working...
                                X