Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and if I was to sell the lip, I'd probably try to get $75-$100? When I take it off in spring to assess the damage, I'll make my decision. I may just keep it, and piece together the rest of the lip kit.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Meet ideas need to be discussed. Do it here.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150237

Thanks guys.

Comment

check this thread out

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137735

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
        91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
        funds for swap:$000.00
        Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
        Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post

seen it, it's so gross, but so interesting at the same time.

Comment

hey guys do you think a 70mm H series throttle body with Hseries skunk2 intake is over kill?

Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33

Comment

Dude that is muffed up!

Comment

hey guys do you think a 70mm H series throttle body with Hseries skunk2 intake is over kill?
                Yea a little. I'd focus on bringing your car back to stock performance wise and cosmetic wise before doing modifications.

If you were gonna start modding, definitely start with suspension. Don't worry about anything else. Suspension, braking, and other drive-ability issues are what should be addressed first with any car IMO. It's a safety thing.

Are you talking Skunk2 intake manifold? Or Skunk2 intake.

Since you already have an intake, just stick with that. An expensive one isn't going to give you much of a gain over the cheap one you have. That's why I went with the ebay SR intake.

As for the intake manifold, if you're really considering it. I dont think an intake manifold like this is going to give you much of a gain for the price on a stock engine. I'd go with the H23 intake manifold. Best gain for the price to my knowledge.

I'd go with an H23 IM with the 70mm H series throttle body if you want to get into it. I'd say that's your best bet.
                Last edited by CB7 Sleeper; 12-17-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

New Tires

So, guys, yesterday for the first time ever, I got a whole set of 4 brand new tires. Also for the first time, my car drives in a straight line. I can NOT believe it! It's amazing!

Also, with the purchase of my tires and new rims and tires for my fiance's vehicle, I'm completely broke. I have about 100 dollars of credit left on one of my two credit cards, and I expect to have a negative balance in my bank account by the end of January. I'm pretty scared. It wasn't really this purchase that put me over the edge, but rather several years of not saving. Not like I could save, anyway. I bought a house this year (tax credit's going to save me in April), and had to spend way more on the CB than I thought (new springs, struts, stock exhaust, tires ~ $1500)

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
                    So, guys, yesterday for the first time ever, I got a whole set of 4 brand new tires. Also for the first time, my car drives in a straight line. I can NOT believe it! It's amazing!

Also, with the purchase of my tires and new rims and tires for my fiance's vehicle, I'm completely broke. I have about 100 dollars of credit left on one of my two credit cards, and I expect to have a negative balance in my bank account by the end of January. I'm pretty scared. It wasn't really this purchase that put me over the edge, but rather several years of not saving. Not like I could save, anyway. I bought a house this year (tax credit's going to save me in April), and had to spend way more on the CB than I thought (new springs, struts, stock exhaust, tires ~ $1500)
                    Ouch! I feel for ya man. That stuff is killer, but at least your car is driving straight now.

Now you've got a house too. That's good, when you getting married?

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
                      (new springs, struts, stock exhaust, tires ~ $1500)
                      Did you get OEM Replacement shocks/springs or aftermarket? Was the ENTIRE exhaust replaced or just bits'n'pieces?

That tax credit is gonna put a BIG smile on your face! My mom just got her's yesterday for $8200. And thats a nice chuck of change! lol

Comment

yeah for new stuff to put into the cb7

and i was kinda kidding on the intake manifold i will just stick with a portmatched tb and im from the h23 but i do want the skunk2 70mm tb

but yeah the susp. will come first

Comment

Brett, happy to hear your car is driving straight and it was your tires. I know your were wondering why the heck it was not driving straight after all the time, money put into your suspension restoration.

He's basically restored his suspension, new front and rear brakes. Also, he does have new exhaust from cat. converter back, retaining stock header. It's a stock replacement exhaust system.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Dang, you guys having a long chit-chat without me and I was trying to get you all to post up!!
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-18-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                              Brett, happy to hear your car is driving straight and it was your tires. I know your were wondering why the heck it was not driving straight after all the time, money put into your suspension restoration.

He's basically restored his suspension, new front and rear brakes. Also, he does have new exhaust from cat. converter back, retaining stock header. It's a stock replacement exhaust system.
                              Yeah so in the last year, I've replaced my entire exhaust from TAS (except Megan header), including buying a new O2 sensor. I've replaced my springs with H&R OE Sport, struts with KYB-GR2's, all strut towers with brand new OEM hardware, replaced all four tires (Fuzion HRi), replaced both lower ball joints and one upper control arm (OEM), both driveshafts (TAS), both axle seals (TAS), spark plug tube seals, and valve cover gasket.

What's next? I had hoped there'd be nothing, but there's either an oil leak or burn, as well as a trans fluid leak. Neither of which I have the time or money to throw at it. So I'm going to keep topping it off.

Comment

Brett,

That is what sucks about older cars. Yes, these CB7s are amazing and reliable. However, so much so that you STILL see so many on the road and they tend to have 200K+ miles easy. Naturally, when someone owns these cars at this age in our environment, it becomes due for suspension restoration and other components wear out. Each is different, but there are commonalities that need replacing.

If you know how to do it yourself, you can save money and have a reliable car. Still it costs money for the replacement parts. Money always become and issue and you have to prioritize safety items first, then preventative to keep the core/important components working, later the less important annoyances.

It all depends at what cycle you catch these cars and become their owners. The less on the "TO DO" list the better. Sometimes if it is a beater DD, you just need to draw the line and keep the core/important components working for reliability and safety. Have the car hold you over being paid off, cheap insurance and good gas mileage. Then get a newer car. Each his own purpose.

Anyhow, once you pinpoint that tranny leak and motor oil leak...you can move in a repair direction and get an idea on what's involved. It could be minor or major....I hope minor, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X