Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bisimoto F22ax header group buy in special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
    I'm just suggesting to playing it safe and to give the tuner more adjustability. I know stock components can handle somegood amount of hp, but like I said, just giving the tuner more adjustability.
    Yeah I see what your saying about the other parts. However a larger fuel rail doesn't allow for any actual adjustments itself.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I'm just saying the aem fuel rail because u can put the aem fpr in. I don't like b&m that's why. No biggie mr ghost.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

last time i checked, AEM EMS is not "stock". that alone could account for 10 or more whp.
        '91ex coupe, modified.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

Unless...

Unless they tuned the setup before on aem, and then after on aem as well...

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kentucky accord View Post
            last time i checked, AEM EMS is not "stock". that alone could account for 10 or more whp.
            So I guess he should just run his cam and header without a tune, right? You seem to like grasping at straws.

If I recall correctly, MRX was only able to extract ~2whp out of a stock F22 after extensive tuning, and I have no doubt about his skills.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

wow, I didn't think a ems alone could make such a big difference. I mean, If i had a chipped ecu, then u would say, "oh, it's not stock, that's a chipped ecu. " I guess you're missing my point when I say stock, as in stock internals, stock head minus the camshaft. I know many people who has built a mild lsvtec motor and barely made close to 200. this is like around 192 to the wheels. and this lsvtec had high comp. piston, ctr cams, ported head, the whole nine yards. and it was tuned too. so don't tell me that the ems has something to do with it. I understand where u coming from, but let's b realistic please and open up your eyes. I spent all this money to really show everyone that bisimoto products isn't a joke. like I said, if only you could feel the damn power and torque, you would be impressed on what a camshaft can do and a header and tuning can do from mr. bisi himself.

Comment

A tuned ECU is not stock.

However, it's safe to assume that anyone willing to spend $700 on a header SHOULD be considering some sort of tunable engine management anyway... so it's not like this is something that only a small minority will have.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  A tuned ECU is not stock.

However, it's safe to assume that anyone willing to spend $700 on a header SHOULD be considering some sort of tunable engine management anyway... so it's not like this is something that only a small minority will have.
                  I guess everyone is missing my point when I said on a STOCK MOTOR MINUS THE CAMSHAFT.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                    I guess everyone is missing my point when I said on a STOCK MOTOR MINUS THE CAMSHAFT.
                    I understood you. Of course, someone will say I am biased, because I'm part of the group buy and have a ton of Bisi parts waiting to grace my engine.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                      I understood you. Of course, someone will say I am biased, because I'm part of the group buy and have a ton of Bisi parts waiting to grace my engine.

Comment

i agree with all the replies. i was just making sure it was clear so "joe schmoe" doesnt expect to make the same power w/ a H/I/E and a cam.

idk if you ever make it to the track but i would curious to see what type of MPH you could pull. ive never personally had my car tuned or on a dyno and would like something to compare to.
                        '91ex coupe, modified.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

i agree with all the replies. i was just making sure it was clear so "joe schmoe" doesnt expect to make the same power w/ a H/I/E and a cam.

idk if you ever make it to the track but i would curious to see what type of MPH you could pull. ive never personally had my car tuned or on a dyno and would like something to compare to.
                          If I still have my car in July, I'll run.

Comment

You have a cam, a header, engine management... basically, you're car has everything BUT internals and headwork!

I'm just saying, really... it's not a big deal. I don't think anyone expects to put a header on a bone-stock engine and leave it at that anyway.

At this point, we KNOW it makes power. With bolt-ons and a tune, you'll surpass a healthy H22's peak hp, maybe even a mildly modified one. With high compression internals and quality headwork, you're looking at 200-250whp. Beyond that, and I don't think the F22 would be very fun to drive on the street (though Bisi has shown what the limits are... so far... he's always pushing them!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              At this point, we KNOW it makes power. With bolt-ons and a tune, you'll surpass a healthy H22's peak hp, maybe even a mildly modified one. With high compression internals and quality headwork, you're looking at 200-250whp. Beyond that, and I don't think the F22 would be very fun to drive on the street (though Bisi has shown what the limits are... so far... he's always pushing them!)
                              Seriously????? From what I've seen put down. 165whp would be @ the very low end of a beat and abused stock H22A. Aren't the H22 more along the lines of putting down high 170's low 180's stock? This build still has another $1k in internal block work and $1k in head work to reach even a mildly build H22 status @ 200-225whp.
                              Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-21-2010, 10:50 PM.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Well, my brother made 186 hp with basic bolt ons and a tune. This is with a jdm h22.

Comment

Working...
                                X