Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bisimoto F22ax header group buy in special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never experienced or heard of anyone getting ripped off by Bisimoto Engineering. I would have not helped promote this in the beginning, if I had known such a thing...EVER!! I helped get it started, but B.E. is responsible for communication now.

Sometimes it takes them a while, they do not have many employees and are a small specialized shop, but quality is great. I have personally visited the facility and met them in person during a CA trip. All you can do is be patient. Otherwise pay full price and have one made now with retail prices, Burns SS components, etc. Remember this is a promotional group buy.

Quit acting like spoiled brats with a sense of entitlement, it sickens me. I paid more than this group buy for mine and waited longer!!

I waited over 1 year for my Bisimoto F22ax street header and have the 1st production unit. Never once did I give them grief. I made my project plans accordingly, remained on stock F22a4 exhaust until received. This is called adaptation, being organized and mature about the situation. You want this product, wait for it or find another, simple as that. Do stay in touch with them, it does take them time to respond. Sometimes they don't, I have encountered that and have mentioned to them for improvement a few times. That is a valid complaint.

In addition, all of you that complain have no idea of the deal being offered to you. Have any of you done the research on quality performance header production and retail prices? 'Bisi is doing this because he is an F-series enthusiast himself and is wanted to offer this quality product to other enthusiasts, he told me face-to-face. That is the reason he offers F-series components. I did not want to mention, but I feel it is appropriate now. He personally told me and questioned the attitude and financial stability of the F-series market. He wants to do well for you all, however from a business standpoint he is eating costs. Couple this with your poor attitudes and why should he be involved. Did you know he is becoming more involved in the Euro tuner scene, they have more financial stability and better attitudes? Do you realize he can just give our market up and move on (after he completes his commitments). Honestly, I would not be surprised and for selfish reasons would not want him to. However, I realize that for him to sustain his business, it makes sense to. Considering him a friend, I would promote it. Now take into consideration how many other F-series businesses undergo the same situation? Consider their clients and if their attitudes are similar to that of this forum? Wonder how long these businesses will stick around?

Question and correct your attitudes or seriously consider the "bright" future of Ebay only products for the F-series market.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

VERY well said man. one thing to add to that is that bisi isnt just getting a stack of straight exhaust tubing in a crate, he is getting a ton of pre-bent sections with various radii and internal diameters with which to make our headers (i say our because i ordered an h22 header). those take a long time to make and a large amount of space in a shipping container. when you extrapolate that out to the amount required to make 60 headers (both group buys together), that is huge amount of tubing that has to be bent, packed, shipped, sorted, cut, and finally welded onto the new header.

also, there is an old saying that works for any kind of service/product, but especially here. "good, fast, cheap. pick any 2." there is no denying that this header is good, and we are getting several hundred dollars knocked off the price, so there is the "cheap". therefore, the "fast" was not a factor for this group buy.

I am personally more than willing to wait for an amazing product such as this. i saw a couple headers at IA and inspected them as closely as i could without the owner thinking i was going to jack his shit. i must say i was VERY pleased with the quality of the fabrication

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

all i want is a monthly update. that's not toooo much to ask for is it?

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
          all i want is a monthly update. that's not toooo much to ask for is it?
          Suli, I stated that in paragraph # 4. Dually noted and I have mentioned a few times to them. Perhaps a reason for their employee turn-over, trying to obtain quality employees. In fact, I just sent another email to them regarding this topic and the involved forum member's concern for this.

However, there is a fine line between asking them to "babysit this thread" and establishing a cadence of updates. They are a business.

Anything else?
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-26-2010, 04:13 PM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If the updates consisted of nothing more than "not ready yet!" it would simply spawn a million questions from people thinking they have an audience with Bisi or his staff at that time.

Honestly, if progress is still in the same place as it was as of the last update, so be it.

Yes, it HAS been a very long time. I completely understand people being anxious.
            However, keep in mind that Bisi had to organize a very large group buy for these headers (as well as the H22 headers, and I wouldn't doubt if he has some B and D series header group buys going on as well.) The price offered, while still steep by our standards, is absolutely UNHEARD OF for a header of this quality. There have been similar-quality H22 headers available since I've had my H22... SMSP, Mugen, HyTech... all are priced over $1000, and have been for as long as I've been aware of their existance. The F22 doesn't have those options, so he's basically creating a market, rather than tapping into an existing one.

Bisi has offered his amazing piece for half of that traditional "high end header" cost, but in order to do so, he needed to take a page from the book written by the cheapie header designers. Buy material in bulk, as cheaply as possible (Bisi wouldn't buy cheap quality, but I'm sure the cost is the reason why he sourced it from outside the US), make many pieces at once, and apply the savings created by dealing in bulk. That's why he needed money up front, to fund the project.

Of course, each header is tailored to the design of the engine it's going on... so these aren't mass-produced headers. He's creating a massive amount of one-off pieces.

Art takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Art takes time.
              so true!!

Comment

Originally posted by kentucky accord
                te fact that these units arent being made 'in house' is just going to further delay the delivery date.

like ive said a thousand times before, i wish you guys the best but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for any 'group buys' in my future and im not even involved w/ this one.

good luck guys. i expect some sweet results over the next few months...err...uhhh...years.
                It only leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those with unrealistic expectations. I never expected to receive my header within a year so I'm sitting here happy as can be that everything is coming along, slowly but surely. I don't have the money for the retail header and I'm not in a time crunch for it. That's what this GB was designed to accommodate.....builders with low funding and no time crunch and so far it is going just fine.

I'm building a multi-level business currently to support my automotive hobby so I still have a few months before even thinking about purchasing parts, etc for the block this header is going on.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Sorry for the delays guys,

First off thanks to Dev for getting me setup so I can keep you guys posted.

With this in mind, please bare with us as we are trying to get things squared away for you guys asap. We are still aiming to get you guys taken care of as quickly as possible.

We currently have quite a few projects that we are working on and we have your headers at the top of our list. Please keep in mind though that as we have so many to do that we essentially have to expand the normal time frame to accomadate the larger volume of orders.

I understand that you want your unit quickly but if you need it right now feel free to pay the normal $1200 for a regular unit and we can get it to you in an expedited time frame. If not, then just sit back and be patient as we are trying to get your headers out to you asap.

Bearing this in mind, we have gone through some company changes as of recent and I apologize for the lack of a representative to keep you posted. So if you have any questions, concerns, or thoughts please feel free to PM me or to shoot me an email: Randy@Bisimoto.com

I will see if I can get a real time update for you guys by the end of the day.

Cheers
                  -Randy
                  Bisimoto Engineering
                  Randy@Bisimoto.com
                  (888)-922-6686

Comment

Wassup Randy.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

jhondayaaj

Wassup Pare! Lol
                      Bisimoto Engineering
                      Randy@Bisimoto.com
                      (888)-922-6686

Comment

Nothin man. Haven't done the oil change yet. Lol. Too lazy. Maybe this Saturday
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Hey everyone!

Just a heads up, we are expecting piping in between August 16th and 20th. So once we get it in we are going to deliver it to final fabricator. With that in mind, start saving that cash up for the final payment!

With that in mind it will be done before you know it!

Cheers!
                          -Randy
                          Bisimoto Engineering
                          Randy@Bisimoto.com
                          (888)-922-6686

Comment

Originally posted by kentucky accord
                            te fact that these units arent being made 'in house' is just going to further delay the delivery date.

like ive said a thousand times before, i wish you guys the best but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for any 'group buys' in my future and im not even involved w/ this one.

good luck guys. i expect some sweet results over the next few months...err...uhhh...years.
                            Can you please stop posting in this thread. You have no business here. You are only adding posts that do not need to be here. I'm fed up with your negativity. Thanks.

END RANT

Originally posted by randull View Post
                            Hey everyone!

Just a heads up, we are expecting piping in between August 16th and 20th. So once we get it in we are going to deliver it to final fabricator. With that in mind, start saving that cash up for the final payment!

With that in mind it will be done before you know it!

Cheers!
                            -Randy
                            Thanks Randy for the update. I do not mind being the last one to have the header made for. I have the patience, and project time frame to wait for it. I am currently working on some projects for the car. By the way i need to get into contact with you about some parts i need to order. Thanks again randy.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                            '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                            '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

samrjr0044

No prob mang! Shoot me an email today though, I am not in the shop...

...Im stuck at jury duty! ...STEALING WIFI so I can keep you guys informed lol,

but yeah shoot me an email and I will get you taken care of, if anyone else has any questions concerns or thoughts shoot me an email: Randy@Bisimoto.com

Cheers guys!
                              -Randy
                              Bisimoto Engineering
                              Randy@Bisimoto.com
                              (888)-922-6686

Comment

Guys...

Lets all keep it civil here, no need to argue and bicker, we are all here to achieve excellence in our vehicles!

With that being said, its Friday guys its about to be the First of August....

Materials should be here in roughly two weeks! Start saving those pennies!
                                Bisimoto Engineering
                                Randy@Bisimoto.com
                                (888)-922-6686

Comment

Working...
                                X