Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my F22 turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theone

ive been talking to a guy of HMT who chips ecu for 80bux
    pfffft...if u supply the ecu i'll do it for $30-$40 depending on shipping back to u
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

SHIT!!!!

SWEET!

will do, now all i have to do is save for a 50buc ecu...... lol.
      damn economy.....

but i should have one sometime this month, ill let u kno when im ready to send it

thanks
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

I plan on doing my own socketing and chipping... Well, maybe with a little help from Mikey. There are DIYs around on the net, if you care to learn (and take the risk in doing it).

I plan on rigging my ECU up with a Romulator and turning it into a standalone. I know it can be done, I just need to learn how to do it! I'll also be the only one I know of using a PM6 ECU on the A20A engine (I can't afford to boost the H, and I don't have an F anymore... A it is! )

Comment

ive read the thread from front 2 back, and i have 2 agree with sparkle...you need to dynotune. only way i see you getting away with your current setup is if you get a gui based program that will show you your powerband in realtime and allow you to make adjustment in realtime.(try full authority systems) trust me the tuning on individual motors can differ alot! otherwise dont expect to get real power out of your f22.
          but dont beleive me, i've only been studying motors since i was 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycist
            ive read the thread from front 2 back, and i have 2 agree with sparkle...you need to dynotune. only way i see you getting away with your current setup is if you get a gui based program that will show you your powerband in realtime and allow you to make adjustment in realtime.(try full authority systems) trust me the tuning on individual motors can differ alot! otherwise dont expect to get real power out of your f22.
            I think dynotunning is over rated for street/dailt driven cars. I think a wideband 02 + street tunning will yield just as good results. No dyno can emulate street driving conditions better than actually driving on the street.

I dont know how your background is on tunning hondas..but we use a program called "UberData" which allows you to do basicly anything a standalone unit can do. the software can datalog for you, OR you can use the datalogging software that comes with the wideband 02 sensor. If you want REAL TIME tunning, you can buy a romulator and "Tune on the fly". oh yah...and this software is all free.

I dont know where sparkle got the idea that i have no plans to tune the car. Im just not dyno tunning the car because i dont believe in it. My new ECU should come in fairly soon and i will be able to tune it from there with a wideband 02 sensor. He seems to think i havnt done my homework and i dont understand the importance of tunning the car...im just having some difficulties right now and havnt had the time or money to street tune it yet since the ECU i had got ruined.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Yo WTF! have i told you about using my name. Yes a dyno can emulate the driving conditions out in the street. It provides safety for people driving around you, your gonna want to push the car to its limits to find out everything about it.

At the same time sure you can dyno it on the street but everyones is watchin cops too. And there isnt much you can say oh sorry officer i wasnt racing with this computer logged into my car with the nice shiny intercooler in the front if he bags you dont say nothing just get out the car get into his backseat dont forget the handcuffs and get ready for a nice ride down to the cell. Noone said you didnt do your homework its just the neglect thats been pushed onto the engine. I rather put it on a roller than turn down one street come back around slow down for some idiot hence interfering with my tune. I want no kind of interference I want everything to be perfect on my shit.

Comment

will the insanity never end? The only reason a dyno is worthwhile to us is to see where we can and can't add more timing. THATS ALL. We could care less about making MAAAAX POOOOOWER YO. The reason a dyno isn't nearly as accurate as our widebands is because of the way the dyno's do the wideband. This is also the reason why a dyno can not simulate daily driving conditions...follow along boys. Our widebands are positioned about a foot or 2 away from where the turbo is on the exhaust. At that position the exhaust gases are still hot and have plenty of velocity. Well when u go ur precious dyno guess what they do. They stick a sniffer up ur ass (tailpipe) and call it a wideband. If u look at most anyones a/f graph on a dyno compared to their datalogging software. Their screens will show a flat a/f ratio and the dyno will be all over the place. Hell look at Accord SIR's dyno for proof. Dyno a/f's are commonly inaccurate because of the sensor location. So how is that compadible with "real world conditions." Another thing the dyno can't really simulate is the drastic changes in temperature like when its a hot sunny day and all of a sudden it starts pouring. We already know that colder air is dense and creates more potential power to be made when compensated with fuel. But what if ur a/f's were set to hold a 12.4:1 on a 72 degree day? What happens when temperatures dramatically start changing? These are things i've logged and have adjusted and accounted for so i don't know how exactly a dyno can even come close to what R33 and I are doing. Please tell me how a dyno will help me and i'm not talking about max power. R33 and I along with others are much more concerned about reliable MODEST power. My advice is...just sit back and let us work our magic. Dyno's are becoming mainly for bragging rights.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Noone wasnt talking about MAXIMUM POWA YO! Im talkin about gettin the most out of it and at the same time not having to put other shit at risk like other drivers on the road. someone will have to data lod it while your drving. You adjust it on the dyno then you see what kinda power your pushin to make adjustments on the streets. And as far as temperature you can put the machin outside there are outside dynoes you know not most of em are on the inside.

If its a hotsunny day and start pourin YO! the car should have been tuned on a dyno before you have it tuned. And if its snowin outside you may have to correct some adjustments unless you wanna do that in the snow yo thats why it goes on a dyno If you want reliable modest power you should have gotten a h22.

Comment

I can't take it anymore! lol my words don't sink in. Our dataloggers record. Rarely ever am i actually looking at the datalogger when i'm tuning...but i'm done...can't take it anymore...R33 u handle it cause...damn

Comment

I understand what your sayin but noone is talkin about hp here its the most out of your engine doin the thing safely. Not oh i just want to get it running right. I mean did you get the turbo just to hear swooshing noises or did you get it for performance comon people. ANte up! Dish out the dough for your cars remember when you cheap out shit hits the fan

Comment

You're really talking about two different things. Yes, dynos can measure A/F and stuff like that, but what they seem to be best (and most widely used for) is manipulating the powerband (and measuring it somewhat accurately). With Uberdata, Hondata, or whatever programming tool you want to use, you can manipule fuel maps more accurately like MRX said, but you can't accurately measure the powerband... you can only use the butt dyno, which isn't necessarily accurate.

Dynos allow for cam timing adjustments. That, IMO, is the advantage they have over simply street-tuning a car. A street tune is valuable, and for a car that is just driven for fun, it's all you need. You can safely street-tune a car if you know what you are doing (and I have 100% confidence that Eric and Antoine know what they are doing... I've seen and heard about all the research put into their work.)

Dyno = race and bragging rights. Pros can tune your car for you if you are clueless.
                        Street-tune = cheap, good enough for a poor hobbiest. You need to do your homework so you don't blow your engine.

Both are good, depending on what you want.

Comment

AMEN To that.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x

I can't take it anymore! lol my words don't sink in. Our dataloggers record. Rarely ever am i actually looking at the datalogger when i'm tuning...but i'm done...can't take it anymore...R33 u handle it cause...damn
                            im assuming your talking about sparkle..sorry im not handling anything anymore i cant see what he is typing lol.

Deever your right, the one thing a dyno has on a widband/street tunning is ignition. though there are tools you can get to tune ignition on the street...its just a lot more convienient and probably cheaper to do it on a dyno. but again..thats only if you want MAXX HORSEE POWWWEEER YYYOO!!!!!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

BOOM! clunk,clunk,PSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhpffft!

Comment

hey accordr33 if i use the stock o2 housing on mine would it hit or touch around the compresor or power steering shit?cuz i got a LX and the o2 sensor is on top not by the flex pipes. aite thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X