Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my F22 turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k..sounds good. I got a mechanical boost gauge, and while I don't have boost yet, it will still measure vacuum. also, how do I straighten the stupid plastic hose that came with the gauge? where can I route it?

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
      well, i guess knowing that I don't need the pump, it's another thing I can hold off on, I will get it later..but, once I do get it in, will I need to change any settings, like with the safc, or what? Also, what fprshould I get? I found a b&m one at area 51 for 65 bucks..not sure if it comes with a gauge or not. Also, how do I keep the map sensor from seeing that there is boost? since, it doesn't know what to do when there is boost present, ya know?

-A. Swift
      you dont need a new FPR either...unless you want one of course. The map sensor is taken care of by the AFC. Its a fairly complicated concept...but basicly the AFC intercepts the map sensor voltage and raises (or lowers?, i forget) it according to the settings the AFC has. when the voltage changes, the ECU uses a different point on the fuel map and sends more fuel because it THINKS the vaccume is in a different spot than it really is.

when the map sensor senses boost, the AFC interupts, and changes the voltage to trick the ECU into thinking there is no positive pressure....i know thats a horrible explination sorry lol

there is a better explination on the "engine management FAQ" on www.homemadeturbo.com

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
        k..sounds good. I got a mechanical boost gauge, and while I don't have boost yet, it will still measure vacuum. also, how do I straighten the stupid plastic hose that came with the gauge? where can I route it?

-A. Swift
        i never straightened mine out. its not a big deal. but you can run it through the firewall just like any audio wires...the make sure there are no kinks in it

Comment

saweet! so, wut happens when the map sensor detects fuel, and the afc doesn't do anything for it? My friend had made some contraption for his boosted h22, and so I dunno if i'd hafta do the same..thats more money I am saving..also, how much psi are you running, and how do you set it?

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

got that pic yet? I THINK I know the alien thing y u are talkin about, but I am not 100% sure..

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137

Comment

also, how am I supposed to use a t fitting to fit the thine white stiff hose the gauge came with? I think I need a pic of the t-fitting looks like? There are MANY different kinds out there..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

Comment

*sorry if i missed this somewhere*

but may i ask how much all this ran you? i'm thinkin about a turbo and your pics FINALLY let me figure how a turbo works....

SOLD!

Comment

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

Comment

swifty - ill have a pic by tommorow, sorry for the delay.

i.c. - Iv spent about $1200 on the setup all together, every little thing included. and thats with having to buy 2 intercoolers lol

On another note, i mentioned it in MRXs tunning thread but i might as well mention it here too. My car is officially run by uberdata. MRXs map works great on the DSM setup, a little rich but thats because of his crazy T3/T4 CFMs so when i borrow my buddies wideband i can tune it to my car specificly.

only problem with the map that i have found is the Vaccume problem. F22s when in full vaccume produce upwards of -25 in/hg of vaccume, where i guess most civics stop before 24 in/hg so at that low vaccume it becomes very lean. I tried to play with the map scalars the other night in uberdata but like MRX i didnt get very far, there weird to modify. i think im gonna post up a thread on the uberdata support forum and see what those guys say about it.

Comment

hey accordr33 if i use civic 93-95 sohc vtec injector seals for the 450cc would it work and fit? aite thanks

Comment

um...why not just use the seals that are on your accord right now? they fit fine if you drill the centers out. i have no idea if the civic ones will fit or not. i guess they would but i dont know for sure.

if you dremel out the inside of the accord ones they will fit, but you will also have to drill the insides of the civic ones out too

Comment

hey Accord r33 and midnite....

how many degrees do i have to retard timing per boost (10psi)
                          or.....will the uberdata handle that, or do i have to still manually do it with the distributor...thanks.
                          NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

you have to tell uberdata to retard the timming. i think the map im using which is midnite's has it set to .9 degrees per lb of boost which is pretty conservative.

Comment

SWEET!!!

i shall have the same...

thanks man, one less thing to worry about
                              NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

hey theo whats with the rake in that pic in your sig?
                                R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                                My members ride page
                                Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Working...
                                X