Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified plans:

I will install stock F22a4 header onto car with everything else ready for initial engine break-in tuning. I'll run like that until Bisimoto F22 header comes in, then get that installed and go for a final tune.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Sounds good. I wonder what baseline numbers the car will put out with the OEM a4 header this should be interesting. Doesnt sound like much left anymore. Do you have a timeframe before your baseline tune? Seems liek you dont have much left anymore other than some minor things.
      The point of the 4000rpm max initial tune is for engine break-in, not for baseline. I would never reach the engine's peak powerband for a proper baseline, not to mention the motor has brand new internals that have not fully sealed yet, obviously not producing optimum power.

Nonetheless, my overall timeframe remains same, I just basically flip-flopped the mid November for initial tune/break-in and between mid November and end of month I should get the Bisimoto header, so end of November I should have it installed and be ready for final tune. That's the plan, it's all dependent on the header though.

FYI: I received the 3" mandrel bends to help create the exhaust system and new TPS yesterday.

Comment

im so excited to see this thing done... I know it doesnt compare to what your feeling though I'm sure!
        Last edited by quakerjoe; 11-08-2007, 03:51 AM.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

i think Cisco is prolonging the build to make us all anxious for it... Im on to you lol J/p i can't wait hope you bring it down for the meet or ill just have to wait to see it at the big EC meet. I call dibs on the first ride if you come to the S.FL meet.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-21-2008, 03:50 PM.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Damnit! youve got me on the edge of my seat!!!! post up some teaser pics for me!
            lol

Comment

History:

The original motor to this car was a complete stock F22a4 that at 180,XXX miles (25,000 after I bought it) lost cylinder #3, no compression. It still was reliable however, just not as powerful obviously. Anyhow, since the block of this original F22a4 is being used for my mother's white 93 LX with the head reconditioned, I managed to get a look at why cyilnder #3 lost compression. One of the exhaust valves in that cylinder burnt and had 2 large holes on the face. The valve stem had carburized oil caked on it. I'm thinking the valve stem leaked on that valve. Yes, I'm rebuilding another F22 on the side, but it's stock and for my mom's car since some of you know that F22a1 motor lost alot of oil from front balance shaft seal walking out because my father thought the previous owner did a proper timing belt job.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-09-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord
                x2 Gotta love developing the big block SOHC Honda

I have spent enough on my engine alone to probably buy 2 CB7 Accords. There is no such thing as a cheep 2.54L SOHC F22 stroker.
                - F22b2 SOHC head & F22bb block
                - 12.2 Compression Ratio (All-Motor Build 27cc pistons)
                - 2540 CC Displacement (90mm Bore 100mm stroke)

The more people that do a build like this SOHC All-Motor Project - White The cheaper parts will become..look at all the Civic and B series stuff that is out there now. More demand is the only way to get more parts for our Accords.

Nice build Honda81
                Nice build you have going on. My goal differs from yours in the sense I wanted to keep mine a true F22ax SOHC base motor to see what it can do. Your project is somewhat of a hybrid because you have a different crank it seems. Sure, it would be nice to sleeve the block and get even more displacement, but I kept things simpler for the sake of this being my first complete engine build and as anyone knows, the more you deviate from the baseline the more problems you can/will run into. After this engine build I will have learned and then I can go even more extreme once I understand the basics.

Comment

Hey didn't mean to ruffle any true build F22 feathers here. Just trying to give props to your build and what people are doing to boost the interest in the SOHC F club. No matter what your goals (as long as there not boosted)

Yes I have bigger (Hybrid) dreams, I went from a 383 stroker up to a 502 cid 78 Camaro down to a 2.2L 96 Accord 4 banger. I think that should explain the reasoning for my "No replacement for displacement" train of thought....

Cheers and good luck with the rest of your build/tuning!
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 11-10-2007, 06:24 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

he's right, the only thing that could possibly help out other than fuel/ignition adjustment is the IACV adjustment but thats in just about every rom editor. Granted i do like the s300.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      You shouldn't have to upgrade to S300 for a better idle dude... That's crap.
                      Specifically, I was suggested by both Bisi and Scott Byars that the S300 is a good idea because this Bisimoto stage 3 camshaft is so aggressive that anything MAP sensor based (i.e. S200) will not be sufficient for decent idle, they said it would idle VERY rough. The S300 has TPS based tuning capability and that is particularly what I was indicating before. My tuner said he can do it and it's up to me to choose, it would just be completely different maps he indicated. My tuner said he could probably get the S200 to idle, but he advised me to go with Bisi's advice since he knows his camshaft best and he has respect for the guy, his products and knowledge.

Comment

Well, made my appointment for engine break-in tuning for Nov. 19th, Monday which I'll be taking off. Time to crack down and finish the little things before then that need to be done. I will be upgrading to Hondata S300 after work today.

Can't wait.

Comment

I am so excited about you getting this thing running. When I read that break in is happening in a couple of weeks a chill went down my spine. This has been a long time coming, but very worth it.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                            woohoo cisco, i went s300 too. just need to break in my motor a well. which method are you going to use?
                            Well, my initial tune is for engine break-in only and they tune to 4000 rpm conservatively (more on rich side so as motor seals, it compensates for lean out). Anyhow part of break-in will be done by tuner, involves starting car, getting it to idle first, while checking for anything odd/leaks. Get it to warm up fully, tune up to 4000 rpm. Then, do some WOT in 3-4th gear up to 4000 rpm max and letting engine coast down, repeat a good few times. I am running regular motor oil in the car for this and will change the motor oil as soon as I get home. I will then run it to 500 miles and change it again using regular oil. I will run it to 3000 miles and change it again to the Torco SR-1 5W-30 synthetic I have waiting for it. The JDM LSD H22 5spd trans is already running Torco MTF.

I can't wait, there are so many new things to experience in this car. More power, better clutch, stiff shifting, new trans w/LSD.

Comment

Ya he said it on the first page :

3" Mandrel-bend Exhaust Piping >> RECEIVED
                              3" Resonators (22" + 15") >> RECEIVED
                              3"" High-flow Catalytic Converter >> RECEIVED
                              3" Magnaflow Stainless-Steel Dual-tip Muffler >> RECEIVED
                              I've bought some individual components from Kteller, but it's not a system that he sells.

mandrel-bend piping - Kteller
                              straight pipes - private source
                              resonators - online private source
                              seamless high-flow catalytic converter - online exhaust component source
                              muffler - Kteller
                              header - Bisimoto

A friend of mine is putting this together for me, bending, welding, cutting, etc. I will be right there helping him out, but he's good at creating them. I need to keep this thing as close to the body as possible, potential trouble area will be near the rear sway bar area. I want the muffler to exhaust out in the stock area like my red. The resonators I'm using are not as bulky as on the red, which is the only part of my exhaust that bottoms out on some shop car racks backing out, speedbumps, steep incline/declines.
                              Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-14-2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Most likely the header will NOT look like that. It might have design elements from it. It dumps right off the header which is one thing. And there is a little more room in that bay with stuff cleared out of the way.
                                Yea, Bisi's street header for F22 will go out the back like stock but allow A/C and P/S system to remain present.

Comment

Working...
                                X