Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npor
    Sweet. Do you have any exterior pictures? I know there's a few in the first post, but none with the wheels on.

Also, are you going to eventually put up some videos? I'd really like to hear how this car idles.
    Right now the car from outside looks same as the lowered photo on first post in this thread. Come spring 2008, I'll slap on the Rota Slips/Toyo T1R tires and perhaps have some of the exterior appearance mods installed (5th gen Accord front lip, satin black front grill with lower-right Accord emblem), etc. I should take photos of the updated rear end with Prothane rear lower arm bushings as well and 3" mandrel exhaust.

I just don't see photos now being worthwhile.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn
      baddest shit ever. hows the idle. is it loud and noticable. does it cam real bad or do you have it idled so that it sounds like a smooth idle. cause that is alot of lift and quite a bit of duration. its gotta be loapy. god the f22 is just a sexy motor to me. i love the sound of a single cam, its so distinctive.
      Needs 1300 rpm to stay idling, however seems smoother at 1500 rpm. We'll see where idle will be set on final tune, as it is running richer than it would be on final tune because of the conservative tuning for engine break-in approach. As the rings seal, it will lean out more on this 12:1 CR build.

Anyhow, it does have a nasty deep throaty idle sound that puts my red Accord to shame. It is lopey, but sounds so sweet. When you rev it, has a completely different deeper, louder tone than my red Accord. It feels like a race car being inside the car as you start it and let it rumble/vibrate (especially with a stripped interior and driver seat only). My rear window feels like I'm hitting it with 2-12" subs, . I haven't even seen how this beast sounds at 9000 rpm yet.

Also, just the starter cranking the motor over has a deeper tone to it. My red Accord still cranks with a typical Accord sound. This one at 12:1 compression cranks over with a sound similar to a Toyota Tacoma truck, deeper tone.

Comment

Sweet, I'll be checking this thread regurarly.

Comment

I figure I'll make 200-250 WHP with this setup. I took 250 WHP as the highest I could make, to figure worst case which is like 275 at the crank. So I used the following to come to my conclusion that I believe I need 440 cc/min injectors instead of the 355 cc/min JDM H22 I have installed now and I need it before final dyno tune. The reason my calculations were off regarding the 355 cc/min use, is because I originally did not consider Bisimoto stage 3 camshaft and making a possible 240 WHP according to a conversation with Bisi on my setup.

Using www.rceng.com fuel injector sizing calculator:

275 crank HP
          0.50 BSFC (naturally-aspirated)
          80% duty cycle
          50 psi fuel pressure

= 421 cc/min

440 cc/min injector peak & hold style should suffice and give me some room to play with. I need to narrow down the brand.

Comment

i can't wait to see how much power this thing makes.
            H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
              cisco, I wonder if having the oil passages to the balance shaft being blocked off by the kaizenspeed kit have anything to do with your high oil pressure...
              I've considered that, but bottomline is you have an 80 psi oil relief in your oil pump. Also, 4 professionals all agree and point the the oil relief valve/plunger sticking.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                DSM 450cc blue top injectors...

i got some available ...
                Interesting you say that. I just purchased 4 DSM 450 cc/min black-top injectors today. I've been checking the fitment on a spare stock F22a1 intake manifold. The DSM electrical connector fits my red Accord injector harness, the upper portion works with DSM cushion ring and F22 O-ring. The lower end works best with 2 soft rings per injector for similar to stock injector position and good sealing. The lower ends needs to accomplish two functions: stock-like orientation of squirting end and air-tight seal in the IM bore area for no vacuum leaks.

Note: These DSM injectors will be cleaned and flow tested before install.

EDIT: Selling the DSM 450 cc/min injectors and getting new RC Eng 550 cc/min peak & hold injectors for this setup, plug & play, no wiring modifications or retrofitting of injectors themselves required.
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-21-2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

we need to race Cisco. i wanna see how you stand again my 20 year old car with all its oil leaks lol. seriously tho, you have put more time and effort into this build than anyone i have ever come across. talk to you soon, ill pm you my new cell number
                  1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                  4.0L I-6 2WD
                  293k miles, still running strong.
                  Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

I verified with machine shop today that did my blockwork and as long as the stock F22 crank pulley is balanced, I can replace the UR crank pulley if I see fit. I am leaning towards reinstalling the stock pulley, I will decide at that point in time. I received the oil pump and this week will start the replacement of it, etc.

Comment

Worked my butt off for a few hours after work. I already removed and installed the oil pump, reinstalled the oil pickup, oil pan, downpipe, support brace, lower clutch cover today. I have water pump to replace, the timing belt components to install, reset the Tbelt and lower Tbelt cover, crank pulley and alternator belt to be done. This should be done by tomorrow. I'll refill motor oil and coolant systems, see if everything checks out if I have time. If not, it will be ready for Wednesday for verification.

Anyhow, a knowledgeable friend informed me of the possible incompatibility of the DSM injectors with my Hondata system, so to ensure no problems in spring 2008, I'm considering selling them for new RC 550 cc/min peak & hold injectors. I will be selling off my leftover parts, amongst others to regain some losses here.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-11-2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

GREAT, are you gonna post any more pics?
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                          GREAT, are you gonna post any more pics?
                          Engine bay has not changed in appearance since the final engine install photos I took. I'm just fixing some issues right now by replacing oil pump, etc. Outside photos of car will not be nice due to winter. I'm working hard, don't have time to clean my hands to take photos now.

Next photos will be with the Bisimoto header installed and final dyno tune dyno graphs come spring 2008. Sorry.

NOTE: Click on my "parts for sale" thread in my signature link for awesome parts and great prices.
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Finished oil pump and water pump replacement today. No overheating/coolant system issues, the cooling fans both work fine. I test drove it on the highway even, all is well.

However, the oil pressure is still higher than it should be. This could very well mean the TOGA oil pump was fine to begin with. I am wondering if the Kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator kit could be the cause, but more research needs to be done. Motor has no leaks still and runs well. I just want to fix these issues before they cause more problems.
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Interesting. I didnt think the oil press would be that high deleting both shafts. People said there was a slight bump but I never realized it was so high. Are you sure the gauge is working properly? (pretty sure you checked that already)

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

just a thought because I have been toting with the idea... Some h22 and h23s have piston squirters installed in the girdle/ oil rail thing. Being that the blocks are virtually similar crank wise I think the unit would fit in the f22 and because it has the squirters would lower the oil pressure. As far as crankcase pressure your gonna need to go big with venting... I'm doing the -12 fittings to a catch can.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                                member ride thread
                                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                                X