Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The G-Man
    This is just the initial start-up and break in. I do not think he will have any numbers today.
    Correct Gary, no dyno #'s today, the tuner got the car idling somewhat (still finicky) and tuned it up to 4000 rpm partial and WOT up to same rpm. He was conservative, on the richer side as the motor breaks in. However, all went well today, could not have asked for better. No coolant, motor oil, tranny or P/S fluid of any kind. I am going to purge out coolant again, now that motor runs to make sure all air is out of system, to see if that helps idling some. He set idle to 1300 rpm through Hondata (like my red, the idle screw, etc did not help on that cam, neither this more aggressive). The stock F22a4 header is on for now, I am waiting on Bisimoto F22 header still, but this header is mated to 3" exhaust system that is tucked up very nicely, I think it has more ground clearance than my red actually. The red resonator is bulky (magnaflow 22") and I got two resonators (15" and 22") that are not bulky and far better. This car has a nice deep tone, high flow seamless cat as well. Oil pressure is good, 80 psi at 1500 rpm (guess that TOGA high-volume pump is working well), Walbro fuel pump primes/runs well. The fuel pressue on the 355 cc/min actual flow JDM H22 injectors is 50 psi for now. Everything later will change once Bisimoto header is received and full tuning done more than likely to 9000 rpm. The tuner says there is a chance I may need RC 440 cc/min injectors, but I don't need them for break in yet, so perhaps later if I need to. There is a chance I may not he said because of no VTEC. I'll talk to dyno tuner again before I return for final tune to get 440 or not. Electrical system works, charges well. My steering is easier than just removing the P/S belt like I did red, this car I lowered the capacity of the P/S system and removed P/S pump and all lines, it did help, easier to turn then red. I also had the car aligned right after I left dyno shop, so suspension is in check, my rear toe was out because of them rear lower arm prothane poly bushing kit I installed. Man, I forgot how well this car handles, amazing, like a go-kart. This motor even not revving past 4000 rpm already has way more torque according to my butt dyno than the red and any Accord I've been in N/A. Clutch is working great, this car has some low end pull, so I think my overall powerband is going to be significantly better than my red's 4-7K rpm band.

I'm so happy right now guys, I'm like a kid in a candy store. However, you should have seen me pacing back and forth like a nervous first-time father at the hospital, before the dyno tuner started up my motor for the first time. I knew things rotated smooth, everything was in check, but still...you wonder, "What if?". I can't believe things went so smooth, no CELs either!

Aight, I want to change oil & filter after putting like 20-25 miles on it (just drove it from dyno shop to alignment shop, then home). Then, rebleed coolant system. I'll run a total of 500 miles and again change oil & filter then at 1000 mile mark I'll switch to synthetic.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

FYI: I did not get any photos for this initial session. I'll get some photos when I return from MN Thanksgiving trip of the engine and more when I get final tuned of it on the dyno, perhaps a movie of it doing a pull.

I'm so happy though, so happy, my first motor build a success!

Comment

Im so happy for you, this is freaking awesome. so long have i been waiting to see this thing run.... you do great work cisco and i envy you for that. Congratulations man.

Comment

glad to hear its running
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Sounds great, I can't wait to see some numbers!!!
            97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
            IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

awesome dude! its been a long time coming. congratulations on your new engine... happy birthday so to speak. heh...

hold on to your butts

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                He set idle to 1300 rpm through Hondata (like my red, the idle screw, etc did not help on that cam, neither this more aggressive).
                This I don't understand, mostly with your red project.

I got my 272 setup to idle flawlessly at 900RPM.

Anyways, congrats Cisco. Can't wait for the numbers.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  This I don't understand, mostly with your red project.

I got my 272 setup to idle flawlessly at 900RPM.

Anyways, congrats Cisco. Can't wait for the numbers.
                  I have a ported head on my red Accord as well, perhaps that is a difference and vacuum IAB control H23 intake manifold on red.

Anyhow, my white one does not idle flawlessly yet, but I just found out that neither fans work, I even jumped the wire-end of the connectors for both fans and neither kicked on. I'll have to investigate the fans and wiring later, don't have time now.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    It runs. The best documented motor build or car build I should say on CB7tuner runs. 'Tis a very good day.
                    Many thanks to all you and your compliments, they've picked me up when I was down/frustrated at times and kept me motivated. Much appreciated.

Anyhow, took the car up and down a highway near by, did some WOT from about 2500-4000 rpm in both 3rd and 4th gear. This car idles like a race car, handles like a race car, I feel like I'm driving one, I'm in love all over again haha.

Car has a different tone when you start it, it seems it is because of the higher compression, cranks over with a different tone just before firing up. It's a deeper more resonant sound. It also starts RIGHT up, quicker than my red Accord.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-17-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

congrata cisco and you should be hearing from me!
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Nice!!!

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

good shit!
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

very nice
                            wat?

Comment

and everything comes together nicely i cant wait for the numbers from this badboy

PS. hit me up cisco, i got mine runnin too, yet im having issues with oil pressure @ idle once the car is fully warmed up

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Good stuff man, can't wait to see the #'s

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X