Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed oil temp gauge today, started it up, no leaks. Got the engine up to normal operating temperature and revved it up some while parked. The oil temp were between 125-150 deg F. I could not take it out for a spin because it was wet out, mixed with residual road salt. Also, the tune now will idle the motor, but even driving it in the parking lot is not smooth any more. It really needs to be retuned.

I will have the money for the RC 550 injectors soon, will install those. Keep in mind the car will not be driveable. Then, I save up for the Bisimoto header and await reception/installation. I'll end up trailering the car again to the dyno for a final tune, all prepared.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
      really dont suggest running RC injectors. For some reason they have a big problem with providing a consistant flow. all shops i deal with here in colorado no longer run RC because of them stopping flow halfway down the track and causing detonation. Hight suggest precision injectors. little cheaper but better product.
      Endyn uses them exclusively, no problems. Scott Byars from Collective Racing uses them, no issues. My performance shop/tuner (www.pure-tuning.com) uses them, no problems.

I'm wondering if this is a bad rumor going around, wonder if they ever checked their injector filters for debris as well. Perhaps it was more fuel system related because of lack of maintenance/dirty system, etc.

I do thank you for the tip, but I'd need more evidence to think otherwise. For just about every part, there is always someone out there with a prob. However, after realizing how most people go about diagnosing problems, it makes me think otherwise.
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-29-2008, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        Endyn uses them exclusively, no problems. Scott Byars from Collective Racing uses them, no issues. My performance shop/tuner (www.pure-tuning.com) uses them, no problems.

I'm wondering if this is a bad rumor going around, wonder if they ever checked their injector filters for debris as well. Perhaps it was more fuel system related because of lack of maintenance/dirty system, etc.

I do thank you for the tip, but I'd need more evidence to think otherwise. For just about every part, there is always someone out there with a prob. However, after realizing how most people go about diagnosing problems, it makes me think otherwise.

I've had problems tuning cars with RC injectors too..on 3 seperate occasions. They're the only injectors that ever fail on me. RC reps claim there is never a problem with their injectors as they are made to the highest blah blah blah...they sent back new ones with a "sorry" note last time.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

However, after realizing how most people go about diagnosing problems, it makes me think otherwise.
          Very valid point. But i have seen them fail on vehicle running one gallon fuel
          cells that were super clean and no debris in the filters and they mechanically failed.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
            never dropped taken directly out of the new package and put into the motor. made 4 successful passes with them and the 5th pass one injector locked closed destroying the engine. RC sent them the same apology letter as described above.
            I do appreciate your perseverance and information, please don't take my comments the wrong way. I just want proof is all. Considering MRX and your comments, I'd like to consider the Precision alternative as a possibility since I will be making the purchase soon.

I need 440 cc minimal and would like to retain peak & hold setup, not to modify my stock wiring (I like simplicity). Basically, I want plug & play injectors. I will consider larger injectors, but in close proximity to 440 so that it does not affect my idling control.

EDIT: Precision's smallest peak & hold injector is 580 cc/min. Too big, more idle control problems as 440 cc/min will be adequate. So it's either RC 550 cc/min peak & hold or I bypass resistor box for a saturated 440 cc/min setup. I can then go RC or Precision for the 440 cc/mn sizing. I'm calling my tuner to discuss and finalize this.

NOTE: Neither RC or Precision manufacture injectors, they check and modify them for each application. In theory, they both should have flow tested/checked each injector before shipment.
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-29-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I hate to say it Cisco, but I have heard of some issues too. I have also dealt with some other Lucas products (which is who makes them for RC), and they aren't known as the "Prince of Darkness" for nothing.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                I hate to say it Cisco, but I have heard of some issues too. I have also dealt with some other Lucas products (which is who makes them for RC), and they aren't known as the "Prince of Darkness" for nothing.
                My current options:

Retain peak & hold stock setup

RC 550 cc/min (disc type)

Modify to saturated setup

RC 440 cc/min (disc type)

Precision 440 cc/min (disc type)

Keep in mind, I have a good contact (www.cruzinperformance.com, contact: Rich) that deals with fuel injectors 24-7. He has not seen any significant issues with RC or Precision injectors. The only injector be blatantly said to stay away from are Venom. He mentioned ball-seat design can not handle higher pressures as well as disc type, also that RC's disc type are stainless steel internals which are more durable.
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

My current options:

Retain peak & hold stock setup

RC 550 cc/min (disc type)

Modify to saturated setup

RC 440 cc/min (disc type)

Precision 440 cc/min (disc type)

Keep in mind, I have a good contact (www.cruzinperformance.com, contact: Rich) that deals with fuel injectors 24-7. He has not seen any significant issues with RC or Precision injectors. The only injector be blatantly said to stay away from are Venom. He mentioned ball-seat design can not handle higher pressures as well as disc type, also that RC's disc type are stainless steel internals which are more durable.
                  I can understand not wanting to convert. I guess you could try it and see what happens. Like I said on the phone. I don't have 1st hand experience with the injectors, just some of the other stuff.
                  Last edited by owequitit; 01-30-2008, 12:47 AM.

Comment

After speaking with my tuner, he's only known about RC's failing on 750+ cc size injectors on turbo setups with decent boost over the base fuel pressure settings. These size injectors at 70+ fuel psi he's known to lockup.

He also stated on his Mustang dyno NA setups making 250 whp with 440 cc/min injectors are at about 55 psi. With 550 cc, I'd be at stock-like fuel pressures so he sees no idle control issues. He also agrees with simplicity on not bypassing my resistor box for a saturated setup.

I'm getting RC 550 cc/min injectors peak & hold, I like simplicity.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-07-2008, 09:48 AM.

Comment

After speaking with my tuner, he's only known about RC's failing on 750+ cc size injectors on turbo setups with decent boost over the base fuel pressure settings. These size injectors at 70+ fuel psi he's known to lockup.

He also stated on his Mustang dyno NA setups making 250 whp with 440 cc/min injectors are at about 55 psi. With 550 cc, I'd be at stock-like fuel pressures so he sees no idle control issues. He also agrees with simplicity on bypassing my resistor box for saturated setup.

I'm getting RC 550 cc/min injectors peak & hold, I like simplicity.
                      I know you will document the results.

Comment

Bought RC 550 cc/min peak & hold injectors today. Arrive in 4-5 days. Add 2 gauge pod A-pillar 94-97 Integra to list as well, gotta install them oil temp & psi gauges nicely, eventually.
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 02-01-2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7addict
                          I admire all the work you have in this, but wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a h22?

You have no faith in the F!!!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Oh ok, he is just trying to get the most he can out of a f series. No I like the f22s. I only read the first page our so... How much whp are you expecting with what you have done so far?

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                            BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                            SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Should be well over 200whp mark.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well....yea, what they said. I'll just walk my a$$ out the door, apparently I'm not needed around here! LOL.

d112crzy/Jose hit the nail on the head as to my entire reason for this build, well put. As I've said before, somewhere between 200-250 WHP I'm thinking I'll be.

Thats awesome!

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                                BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                                SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Working...
                                X