Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of this week, another header update will be posted.

Today, swapped front cowls and installed them with new clips. Painted wiper bodies.

Tomorrow, will reinstall wipers. Diagnose why sunroof does not open. May get to removing front seat brackets to remove surface rust, paint them & reinstall seats, if not a different day. I also have to swap some auto & lap belt bases. I think that's about it for the interior.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-04-2008, 11:05 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
      End of this week, another header update will be posted.
      Can't wait. I don't think I'd be able to show as much patience as you have for the header.

Comment

so ah end of may and........ Sounds like you are one track keep up the work cisco and i expect to hear from you when you get the car on the dyno. I want to hear the car roar not purr
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Installed painted wiper arms today. Investigated the sunroof not opening issue and the problem lies under the headliner, which needs further investigation in that area. Once there, I can test to make sure both open & close relays are working. Sunroof also worked before the shop did work.

Also, noticed right rear outer taillight turn signal not working, wire harness issue. I should have bought this one also before, as the other side is replaced.

Sealed up the new OEM taillight gaskets with RTV/silicone for better seal. Noticed after hard rain, they were not sufficient.

Removed aftermarket steering wheel, got a good idea of what it will take to install the OEM 90-91 DX wheel. Also found the horns were not working even grounding out the blue/red wire. I'm actually receiving voltage from the horns, so I have to remove the front bumper cover and verify the horns, if not may need new ones. They worked before the shop did the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
            are you really going to need the horn on the track?
            Want everything working and will need it on road to warn idiots.

Comment

Well, just lined up the rest of the interior parts I need, many thanks to Nic/90cb7sleeper, Jeff/sunburn and Luke/Leung for the help. Man, I'm pissed I lost a brand new part it seems, but Nic has me covered so my worries are gone. I'm an idiot, can't believe I can't find it....whatever.

Comment

Bisi said fabricator is almost done with the header and will be talking to me next week!

Comment

Well, got the steering wheel issue squared away, need to final install everything, but that will be easy. In the end it will look like the 90-91 EX w/cruise control steering wheel, but with OEM leather wrap.

Just finished the 6x9 rear speaker pod modifications to fit some Kenwood 4-ways I've had. The pods and mesh cover are all black to match the car's interior.
                  Since the header seems to be nearing completion, I want to be ready to receive it, install & final tune the motor. Therefore, I am going to leave the sunroof issue on the backburner for now, but finish all other miscellaneous fixes on my "To Do List".
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-18-2008, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                    haha wow, I read this entire thread in one sitting. only took....2 hours lol. But it was worth it! btw, I also lost my Craftsman magnetic screwdriver the night I had that little convo. w/ you about how to install a timing belt and tension it. It just drives me crazy that I cant find it anywhere, even after I put away ALL my tools in the proper spot.

But, as I was reading this saga of the All-motor white project CB7, I can't believe the attention to detail you've got and the incredible amount of patience you have w/ people. You've done a top to bottom renovation of this car and its astounding what you've accomplished. I'm really looking forward to a 9,000 RPM vid of this car very much so.

Btw, my car is running great! thanks for the tip to eliminate the balance shafts, I can barely feel any vibration in the lower RPMs, it was a great mod.

Well, Good luck on getting this thing finally tuned w/ the Bisi header!
                    I appreciate you taking the time to read this Kai. Every so often I go back and try to clean out non-value added posts to make it easier on those that do read the entire thread. I want it to remain informational.

EDIT: A big thank you to Nic/90Cb7sleeper for helping me out with much needed interior parts!

Comment

** For Reference Only **

My Current Oil Catch Can Description on NA F22ax Motor:

- 0.6L Catch Can with level site, drain plug, two 15mm inlet ports (near top of can) & added two more 15mm outlet ports (near top of can).

- Connected two small cone filters on both 15mm outlets.

- One 1/2" inner diameter fuel/emission hose from F22ax valve cover crankcase breather port to catch can 15mm inlet port, connected at each end via SS hose clamps.

- One 1/2" inner diameter fuel/emission hose from F22ax valve cover PCV port to the other catch can 15mm inlet port. Disgard PCV valve from crankcase port & leave grommet, install 1/2" male-to-male barb fitting into PCV port & slip hose onto it. Connect each end of this hose with SS hose clamps.

- Install vacuum plugs at throttle body end of intake piping formerly for crankcase breather port hose and the front intake manifold port formerly for PCV valve hose.

Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-18-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        why the two cones?
                        Technically, any oil vapor should condense & got to bottom as it hits the cooler catch can. Therefore, I should not get anything other than smoke/vapor coming out the cone filters. I've heard & seen some setups where some just have an outlet hose that goes under the car. I just wanted to keep things cleaner in the engine bay in case any oil vapor, etc makes it's way out of the can. I noticed that you'll get some smoke/vapor coming out the cone filters while engine is running at times, this is normal.

This motor has 326 miles so far and I only drained the catch can once so far, 95% water and 5% condensed oil vapor. It filled the 0.6L catch can approximately half-way. Currently, I can't see any accumulation at the site level. The water more than likely is from blow-by past piston rings as they were in process of sealing.

Comment

90-91 EX steering wheel is fully installed, except for the leather wrap. Installed newer cruise control/sunroof switch today, also installed good working horns. Also tested the washer fluid system, need a under-hood plastic holder for the line to route it out of the way of being pinched by the rear hood liner. Then, the washer fluid system will work properly. Painted/installed front-passenger inside door panel armrest screw cover, so all inside door panels are complete now.

Next will be swap both OEM black 90-91 auto seat belt/lap belt bases from my red to white Accord seats and vice-versa. I also have to clean up the white Accord seat brackets of surface rust and paint black, then fronts seats can be installed. I have a few other things, but not much left now.

Just bought new front-driver bumper turn signal assy & front-passenger corner light assy. After doing the work above, I realized these units were damaged, more than likely from the custom shop work...irritating.
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-19-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Bisimoto F22 header is completed, see photos below:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=73562

I painted front seat brackets today and all related painted to prepare these seats for install. I ran out of paint, will have them installed tomorrow. I should have most things wrapped up, great timing, I'll be ready for that header when it comes.

Comment

That is gonna look bad ass siting under your hood! Patiently awaiting your numbers!
                              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                                cisco you or someone needs to answer the question everyone wants to know. What is the cost of the bisi header
                                You will know once Bisi settles on it. My price is more than likely different and more than what Bisi wants it to be on the market for, he really is trying to make it reasonable for us Fseries enthusiasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X