Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of interior posted up on first page, post # 15. I really like the look and quality of the reupholstered seats, the dyed plastics and inside door panel work. However, the floor carpeting and quite a few other details were not what I expected or properly completed/installed. I am just going to finish out the details myself. Overall, the major work like the leaks and major interior restoration work is completed and I'm content with it. The reupholstered seats are all one color, charcoal grey cloth, nothing special was done to them, as the shop owner tried to have his source do something special and it did not turn out correctly, so they reverted to my original request.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-07-2008, 09:03 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

dang, looks straight from the factory!! you better be garaging this car every night!
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        Man that looks BEAUTIFUL!
        Thanks Scott. Overall, I'm content, but I am picky and there are areas I need to clean up/properly install. They totally stripped the interior and these guys don't work on cb7's all day, so they did not reinstall some aesthetic things properly. Anyhow, I have made note of each, basically over time will fix them all. In a sense, the interior over time will be clean and look new overall, for the most part, it simply costs too much to do it all though.

Comment

yummy

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

your making me jealous. My interior is really nasty from working hard and getting dirty then driving. your project is turning out so nice.
            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
              so how responsible are you for keeping bisi interested in this header?
              Bisi is already interested in producing this header and is in progress of doing so. He is having problems with his fabricator not getting on the ball to make them quick enough is the problem. Apparently, this guy is good at what he does, that is why they are sticking with him, so far.

I will be the first customer to receive one of his production F22 headers. Now, Bisi is also going to be using one of these headers on his SuperStreet Magazine build, so he is waiting on his fabricator as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cord
                Getting close there Cisco. Glad to see its almost finished. Can't wait to see it this summer!!
                I'm getting anxious to drive it sometime this year in warm weather, but I really will not know until I get that header.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                  cisco that turned out very nice i like it. Glad to hear that it came out pretty much how you wanted it. With some small flaws but that happens. I can't notice in the pics but car looks great. Other then the car how are things since someone doesn't want to pick up their phone lol
                  Thanks Nick for the compliments, but the flaws are killing me for the money I spent. I have already made a list of fixes I need to do, which will require more money to be spent. I just can't trust anyone to do great work, like I would have done. The more I see this kind of crap, the more I realize I should charge more for I do. I'm not saying I'm a perfectionist, as there is always room for improvement, but I try to do the best job possible and it shows.

Comment

sure does Your my cb7 idol lol and im not even an n/a guy
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                      I just can't trust anyone to do great work, like I would have done. The more I see this kind of crap, the more I realize I should charge more for I do. I'm not saying I'm a perfectionist, as there is always room for improvement, but I try to do the best job possible and it shows.
                      I agree with this 100% as this is the way i look at my own car. almost everything someone else has done ive had to go back over to fix issues.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        So how big is this list =P. Anyway the interior looks great from what I can see in the pictures. But pictures only tell you so much. Otherwise the progress looks like it is coming along nicely.
                        Stupid Things Such As:

- front cowl not installed, push tabs all broken and/or missing
                        - passenger side front & rear "oh shit" handles on headliner missing
                        - carpet is pieced together black cloth with no insulation or pre-mold fit, looks cheesy
                        - sunroof does not open
                        - rear taillight wiring left loose, instead of neatly tucking it as stock
                        - window trim front & rear even with new OEM clips, does not hug glass due to distortion from removal
                        - inside door lock pop-up pieces not painted black
                        - hood, fuel and trunk latches are not painted black
                        - driver side window control module has pinhole in plastic, one switch plastic broken off (not my original one, which I found in the misc. components box given to me by shop)
                        - did not tuck rear battery trunk positive wire under carpet
                        - washer hose broken from hood removal, so it squirts into engine bay
                        - parking brake console ashtray compartment is missing
                        - front passenger seat missing auto seat belt base
                        - noticed one loose hose clamp on intake piping coupling ( )
                        - and more....

Good Work Done:

- leak fixes/fabrication
                        - reupholstered seats are quality (note: out-sourced by shop)
                        - dye work on all plastics
                        - inside door panels w/new carpet trim (note: out-sourced by shop)
                        - fixed vent issue in dash
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                          dang thats quite a list of little things. its the little things that kill. at least you have taken note of them though
                          They'll get fixed. I will save some cost by swapping parts over from my red to white and buy whatever is left over that's needed. You're right on how I feel though, it annoys me. However, overall the major work that was done is good.

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                            and do you feel comfterble letting your crank's main bearings and rod bearings rev that high? thanks for the response btw.
                            i'm not sure what bearings either are using, but bisi has f22's that rev to 10k with no problem. he builds them to do it, which is what hondafan's doing. i dont think there is a problem.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                              and do you feel comfterble letting your crank's main bearings and rod bearings rev that high? thanks for the response btw.
                              Valid question, I know I was worried. Through extensive research in talking with very knowledgeable & experienced Honda tuners in the industry, I gathered that using OEM Honda or ACL bearings are the way to go for a performance build. I personally liked the idea of using OEM because it offers you a better size variety to achieve the bearing clearances you're trying to achieve. Also, after speaking with similar/same people, I tried to get ideal bearing clearances from them, but go try it yourself and see how many are NOT willing to share because that is information they have learned through years of trial & error. All I can say is, they custom build per application. A drag car motor will build different than road course racer, or street build, etc. Now you get into the oil pump and basically I've learned the OEM is best, either keep it stock if you remain within them RPM limits or modify it to be even more efficient at higher RPMs, all depends on where you will be. I feel an oil temp & oil psi gauge are critical on a motor like this to better monitor its condition. Also, after your motor break-in period is completed, running a good quality synthetic motor oil will help as well. Now, a baffled oil pan all depends what type of driving you will do. Also, a windage tray is a good idea for higher RPMs. I will see where I am at oil temp wise when I begin to push the motor, but that will determine if I go with an oil cooler, which will be an air-cooled type. Obviously, in a F22ax SOHC non-VTEC head, you need to upgrade the valvetrain, I went with Bisimoto's springs, titanium retainers and also his teflon exhaust spacers, to keep the rocker tappets aligned with the valves at higher RPMS and valvetrain reduces some weight. Now the balance shaft eliminator kit I did for simplicity of the motor and some weight reduction, but also because it bumps the oil pressure up some for added insurance at higher RPM. Also, my rotating assembly weight is lower than stock, I have verified this by personally measuring the components, this obviously helps in the higher RPMs and less stress on the motor at these RPMs.

I will obviously get a video of this motor in full action, I hope all my research pays off and this motor lasts me for some nice weathered springs & summers to come.
                              Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-08-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                                i'm not sure what bearings either are using, but bisi has f22's that rev to 10k with no problem. he builds them to do it, which is what hondafan's doing. i dont think there is a problem.
                                It is a valid question, I can totally see why he is asking and worried. I was too and with all the confusion out there in talking to the wrong people, he is just trying to line things up right for his project(s).

Remember, this is my first build and even though I have become very knowledgeable on these cars, facts are facts. I have only 326 miles on my motor that has broken in well and is ready for final tune after the header arrives. I have only taken it to 4500 rpm max so far and all is well. Come dyno time, it may very well be hitting close to 9000 rpm and I will then see how it handles it.
                                Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-08-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X