No announcement yet.

SanJoCaF22DrAcc : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the look of the JDM chrome side moldings on the coupe. Looks fantastic with the 90-91 front end. I've always wanted to do this myself but the front and rear bumpers are a fortune. Keep up the good work!
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

The car looks absolutely fantastic with the Enkei wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        I love the look of the JDM chrome side moldings on the coupe. Looks fantastic with the 90-91 front end. I've always wanted to do this myself but the front and rear bumpers are a fortune. Keep up the good work!
        I am really proud of how the side moldings came out. It's something that had to be done after getting the JDM rear bumper. It took 1 full set plus one door panel molding. I have a few more detailed pics to post up of the build proces.

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        The car looks absolutely fantastic with the Enkei wheels.
        Thanks Mike. They have actually grown on me. I fitment of everything came out really nice. Looks super aggressive.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

i love this car, everytime i see it, i cant help but smile. how much do the ssr's weigh compared to the old wheels?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
            i love this car, everytime i see it, i cant help but smile. how much do the ssr's weigh compared to the old wheels?
            That's a good question. I am going to have to weigh them all out. The wheels are Enkei/BBR's. With so much tire I actually think the setup might weigh more.

On a side note, I have been told that they look even better in person. I myself, actually agree with that too. I had to beat the inner fenders in the rear to get the suspension to travel without rubbing. The lip has been completely flattened and I also had to hammer in the step just inside the inner rear fender. I was clearing the lip, but not the step.
            Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 10-14-2015, 10:00 PM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Retrofit in progress

Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 12-29-2015, 05:02 AM.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post

Read through your ride. Loving the progress, loving! I like that you didn't stick the tires out or try to ride with some +20 offset, etc. I think a EDM rear fog light and window visors would add to this ride. But don't go overboard and put 94/95 accord rear side bumper lights or two EDM rear bumper lights in, just too much IMO.

But just stopped in to say i really do like your car and the progress! Oh, keep those wheels on it, they look the best out of them all so far.

Comment

Although I appreciate your suggestions, I have specifically chosen not to do those mods. With valid reasons. For the rear fogs, I don't because I have 1 of 4 authentic 90/91 JDM rear bumpers in the US. I can't bring myself to cut homes I to it. For the window visors, as I do find them quite functional on my sedan, aesthetically I don't like how they would end at the door window. With nothing to continue that line at the rear window.

I plan on black housing my headlamps when I complete my retrofit. The Sprint Hart CPR's are my show wheels. I love how they look. The ENKEI's are my daily/track setup. As clean as the cpr's are I can't see myself abusing them at a track.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Although I appreciate your suggestions, I have specifically chosen not to do those mods. With valid reasons. For the rear fogs, I don't because I have 1 of 4 authentic 90/91 JDM rear bumpers in the US. I can't bring myself to cut homes I to it. For the window visors, as I do find them quite functional on my sedan, aesthetically I don't like how they would end at the door window. With nothing to continue that line at the rear window.

I plan on black housing my headlamps when I complete my retrofit. The Sprint Hart CPR's are my show wheels. I love how they look. The ENKEI's are my daily/track setup. As clean as the cpr's are I can't see myself abusing them at a track.
                    Ya, that all makes sense and i can see why you'd say this. So it was the EDM rear bumper that only came with the rear fog? Does your JDM rear have a cut-out line for this rear fog light?

Comment

both front an rear bumper have the cut out markings. I saw markings for 2 rear fogs, 2 bumper poles on the rear. the front also showed bumper pole markings, and intersection lights. I didn't notice any markings for front headlamp washers. I did however help my buddy install some on his 90/91 front JDM bumper.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

both front an rear bumper have the cut out markings. I saw markings for 2 rear fogs, 2 bumper poles on the rear. the front also showed bumper pole markings, and intersection lights. I didn't notice any markings for front headlamp washers. I did however help my buddy install some on his 90/91 front JDM bumper.
                        Interesting to know. Not a fan of sporting two rear fogs. Two rear bumper poles, .... that would be weird to see.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of all the excessive lighting. Intersections and rear fogs are not my thing. Niether are bumper poles. But I do have an extra set of JDM Tails, so I'm thinking go doing a LED tail lamp mod. That should set the rear end off just enough.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

From January 4th - 8th, I'll be working on the car in Watsonville as part of an auto mechanics elective for my high school students. The car will be ready to go on the 8th, so how does next weekend look for meeting up?
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I've been lagging on my retrofit. But for good reason. I ordered some LED's a while back. The original order was lost in the mail. The replscement order came in shy of what I needed. Everything finally made it in this past Friday. Ive been waiting on these yellow LED's to come in since the first week of this year. 4puck, yellow LEDs. I can now continue mocking up these parts and then sending things out to paint.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

That retrofit is definitely going to compliment your car. How are you planning on incorporating the led's?

Comment

Working...
                                X