-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

oh and BTW youre my desktop right now

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Originally posted by blk93
        oh and BTW youre my desktop right now

Thanks! I appreciate that.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
          That looks simply amazing.

- Zipcreature

Thanks for the compliment. That picture was more about the background than anything, because the car really isn't visible. We had to lighten the photo to get it that bright!

I just like the effect of the clouds and the fact that the way the sun happened to be made the water look luminescent.

Comment

Just as an update:

1) I wired the sidemarkers finally. It looks much cooler with them working.

2) I need to finish tucking the fog harness up where it goes under the dash. I got the full OEM harness with relays and everything, so it will eventually be all connected to the fuse box and stuff.

3) I just turned 218,000 miles. This is season for meets and runs, so I will probably hit 220,000 in the very near future.

4) I finished modifying my Amber USDM sidemarkers to fit on the JDM headlights. It wasn't easy, and I don't know how durable they will be, but we will see. Eventually I would like to make a mold of the JDM sidemarker housing, pour a casting, and then attach an amber lense to that. Yeah, its on my to do list.

5) I did a test fit with a G-square grill and it ummm...looked like someone punched my car in the nose and it swelled up LOL. I knew it would be a little different from the 1992-1993, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

I like the overall theme of the grill though, so I will be fabricating that as well. Look for a 1990-1991 replica version of the grill in the future.

6) I ordered all the parts to get my DD running, so once that is done, I can again turn full attention to getting my swap stuff complete. I don't have a lot more to get, but it is a lot of the expensive stuff, so we will see how long it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

5) I did a test fit with a G-square grill and it ummm...looked like someone punched my car in the nose and it swelled up LOL. I knew it would be a little different from the 1992-1993, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

I like the overall theme of the grill though, so I will be fabricating that as well. Look for a 1990-1991 replica version of the grill in the future.
              When did you score a G-square? I'd be interested to see pictures of both the original and your replica. I'm contemplating a custom grill, but I'd just like to see a few examples first before I move forward. I have my own idea in my head I have to get on.

So yes, if you make a nice looking replica of the G-square, I might be interested in picking up a copy from you.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                When did you score a G-square? I'd be interested to see pictures of both the original and your replica. I'm contemplating a custom grill, but I'd just like to see a few examples first before I move forward. I have my own idea in my head I have to get on.

So yes, if you make a nice looking replica of the G-square, I might be interested in picking up a copy from you.

I actually just borrowed Ray's. On the 92-93 it looks nice and aggressive, yet sticks out just enough to look elegant at the same time. It sticks out too much on the 1990-91 and it doesn't flow well with the inside line of the headlights, because the grill is tapered slightly, and the early CB headlights aren't.

I want to keep the slightly flared look, with a mesh grill and also the basic design of the surround of the grill.

Please don't hold your breath as I am not a master fabricator by any means. It may take awhile for me to get it right and quality.

But if I do, I will certainly let you know.

Comment

Nice, nice, nice.

I see a lot of the same types of choices I'd make for myself. So yeah, count me as a fan. Looking forward to seeing the black leather, of course.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Your car is very tastefully modded!!!!
                    Your beautiful Havasu pics do it the justice it deserves!

Keep it up

Comment

I actually just borrowed Ray's. On the 92-93 it looks nice and aggressive, yet sticks out just enough to look elegant at the same time. It sticks out too much on the 1990-91 and it doesn't flow well with the inside line of the headlights, because the grill is tapered slightly, and the early CB headlights aren't.

I want to keep the slightly flared look, with a mesh grill and also the basic design of the surround of the grill.

Please don't hold your breath as I am not a master fabricator by any means. It may take awhile for me to get it right and quality.

But if I do, I will certainly let you know.
                      Oh okay. I completely know what you're talking about the grill. I'm currently running a 92-93 grill for no real reason other than I felt like something different. So I know what you mean about the fitiment.

I've been meaning to get onto my custom grill idea.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                        Oh okay. I completely know what you're talking about the grill. I'm currently running a 92-93 grill for no real reason other than I felt like something different. So I know what you mean about the fitiment.

I've been meaning to get onto my custom grill idea.

I was looking at it closer last night and the difference seems to be that the more gradual angle between the hood and the bumper on the 92-93 make the grill look less obtuse on the nose.

I just got done taking mine apart trying to figure out how I wanted to proceed, and I am still not sure.

I guess I am just going to have to form a mold and go for it, but I am trying to work the styling details out in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                          I see a lot of the same types of choices I'd make for myself. So yeah, count me as a fan. Looking forward to seeing the black leather, of course.

Thank you. I appreciate that comment, especially since I feel the same way about your car!

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
                            Your car is very tastefully modded!!!!
                            Your beautiful Havasu pics do it the justice it deserves!

Keep it up

Thanks! We will have to meet up sometime. I have wanted to check that car out for a long time now.

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate that comment, especially since I feel the same way about your car!
                              As much as I wish it were true, I think you have me confused with someone else. I haven't posted any pics of my car here (except for the black leather. and even that isn't totally mint.) Aside from that, mine has ... ah, a few issues that prevent public display.
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                                As much as I wish it were true, I think you have me confused with someone else. I haven't posted any pics of my car here (except for the black leather. and even that isn't totally mint.) Aside from that, mine has ... ah, a few issues that prevent public display.

Hmmm. I guess I must. Oh well, you should post pics anyway. It isn't like its a big deal. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X